The need for a teleport nerf to normalize the game

Druids must not be teleported out of their shapeshifting form (wolf or bear). Rather, teleport should be nerfed to give it a cooldown to balance it out.

If teleported while transformed, Beast + Enchant + 78k Gom Sorceress becomes invincible.

All characters will be busy running around with pre-buffs, transformations, and teleports. It is also terrifying to see an Amazon transformed into a bear shooting an arrow and teleporting around. Thinking of a bear sorcerer with doubled life teleporting around with 105 fast casting frame and using magic, I think Diablo 2 Zoo will be open.

4 Likes

100% they wont nerf Teleport cuz Bli$$ and casual crowd love power creeps, even if this spell is totally broken, especially on 19:9 screens.

I would love to see Tele nerf with perm CastDelay on Sorc and no CD version on Nigma as an end game GOD mode, but its impossible.

Max we can get is Teleport in early-mid game item to minimalize current Sorcs PvM domination.

This new RW Hustle in armor should get Teleport Imo.

Teleport is OP as …, but on low lvl item would be “balanced” by +sks, fcr frames and mana pool, Sorc or Nigma only is just dumb.

2 Likes

teleport is so lame you skip the whole game to get to the final boss to have 1-2 min games at the end.
it destroys all playing together with other classes it becomes a kind of single player game.
Hopefully they’ll remove the teleport from enignma and put a 5-second CD on it for the sorc !
it’s so much fun at the beginning of a season when you always play with the whole group from norm act 1 to act 2 and walk around together where you don’t really skip everything
teleport destroys the hole game and i hope they change it !

5 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of teleport either but as someone pointed out in another thread walking all the way to places like andariel is annoying so we need to have it in the game.

I’d like to see it subject to some sort of cast delay as well however that has not been on the radar since d2r was released and I can’t see it ever being changed. It would also completely change pvp if there were a 5sec cast delay, whether the pvp players would want this or not I don’t really know.

The best that we can hope for is a early/mid game runeword that gives teleport so there are options other than sorceress for the start of ladder. For late game unless they add teleport to some unique armours or give us a helm runeword with teleport enigma will remain the go to armour.

I wouldn’t mind a small casting delay to teleport like 2 seconds or something. It should be a skill that lets you get out of bad situations and get over annoying obstacles if you’re going the wrong way, not something that lets you skip the game entirely. If people find it boring running to bosses then the fix shouldn’t be how do we skip it, it’s how do we make it more rewarding running to bosses. Maybe there should be super unique monsters with good drops that spawn when you kill at least 50% of the mobs in a zone, stuff that you actually want to encounter on the way.

It would help pvp as well, right now it’s just a spam fest with casters trying to keep off screen while spamming non stop. Maybe dueling can become more like 1.9 where you had to be more strategic with your movement and positioning.

4 Likes

maybe 3 teleport stacks with 10 sec CD or
like wow mage blink that you can teleport back and forth, teleport back to the location you last teleported from
then you can still teleport back and forth without getting too far off the screen

4 Likes

Teleport charges with a small CD might not be a bad idea. You kind still kind of spam it in a pinch but not indefinitely.

2 Likes

Yeah small CastDelay would be nice:

-0.5 sec CastDelay
-debuff: 0 fire, cold, fire, resistances while casting frames

or just auto random direction after cast, duels and pvm would be very funny with that change xD

4 Likes

i think thats a good way
teleport back to the location you last teleported from
then you can still teleport back and forth without getting too far off the screen. For example, you teleport before then you have 8 seconds to go back to the same place with the same teleport skill and if you sit out the 8 seconds then you can teleport before again without going back and that repeats itself or keeps going back and forth all the time without any CD.
so you either have normal teleport with 8 sec CD or forward back without CD all in 1 skill

Giving it charges with a replenish charges affix doesnt sound half too bad, or just give it a cooldown, like 2-5 second cool down, or like 3-5 charges with a replenish 1 charge every 3-5 seconds, or something.

While teleporting and during spell casting you also need penalties such as 0 defense, 0 block rate, and 0 all resistances. It should never be used as an evasion technique other than pure movement.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you think a D-tier sorc build will be invincible. Single target attacks, with terrible Attack Rating, Attack Speed, Defence, Life… It’s still D-Tier.

Why does a pain point for Druids need to be looked at through the lens of a crappy Sorc build? Nobody is asking for all skills to be usable when shifted; only teleport. They won’t be shooting arrows or fire or lightning; they can only melee. Shifted druids can still use a bow as a weapon right now - but it only attacks melee.

1 Like

Enchant Bear Sorceress becomes OP if you unlimit teleport in bear or wolf state after transformation. Fireclaw Bear is also worth it, but after enchantment magic at the maximum skill level of 55, Sorceress’ normal attack becomes OP. At that time, everyone will use the beast runeword that transforms into a bear. You can teleport even if you transform into a bear. It will be Diablo 2 Animal Crossing Edition. This means bear/wolf form is no longer druid only. So I’m against it. Rather than a fun build, it becomes a sort of trans-meta disaster.

55 lv enchantment skill grants up to 77k melee damage. A lot of people don’t want to see the animal version of D2R where transformation is a must (life boost). I can already use druid-specific elemental magic in animal form, so I like that. But I hope it’s just up to that line. After opening the teleport, there is no way that you and I will be asked to add a specific skill… Opening a zoo is terrible.

There’s plenty of room to become OP with hustle and mercenary auras, so teleporting after SS is bad at this point. A bad idea that can only be enjoyed in D2L single mode. I hope that the race, class-specific properties and identity will be preserved.

1 Like

As I said, this would be an extremely expensive build that is slow and clunky, with bad defence, bad chance to hit, low life total… The bear sorceress is terrible, and teleport isn’t going to make it great.
If you just want huge numbers, why not make an impale Amazon? Those numbers are just as high, it’s cheaper to build, Impale always hits (unlike the Bear Sorc attack), and it can teleport . Why isn’t everyone playing that build?

1 Like

One day, you can teleport after transformation, so you will ask for all skills and magic to be opened. This is far-fetched, but it is a problem because it has already left a precedent. As much as that, you must be careful about using skills of other classes after transformation.

It is necessary to compare the convenience of the transformation state unique to the Druid class and the respect that does not exceed the unique characteristics and individuality of each class. Humanoid druids can teleport as much as they like. All classes are the same. In the transformed state, not only Druids, but all classes cannot use skills and can only use normal attacks. However, Druid’s exclusive elemental skills can be used. I think the Blizzard developers have already given druids users special treatment. It’s the OP asking for more.

1 Like

You haven’t addressed any points in any of my posts. Then you assign to me the same strawman - which I have not asked for, nor I have ever seen anyone else ask for. If you have no argument, then just say so.

You don’t like playing a shapeshifting Druid, and it sounds like you only play Sorceress. Making another class closer to viable won’t hurt your Sorceress, and it won’t make her OP either. Nobody but you is talking about anything other than teleport. You don’t have to make these posts attacking the viability of a class you have no intention of ever playing.

1 Like

No, I have level 95 Bear Druid, Wolf Druid, Fusion Eligom Druid, etc. Various. Bear Sorceress, Bear Paladin, Bear Amazon, Bear Assassin,mad dog druid etc.

using Dream Runewords, infinity, Grief, Most of them achieved level 92-96, and most of them were set to Transformation 7 Run Grand Charm. Transformation and teleport are being used simultaneously.

It’s greedy to ask for a teleport comfortably because I’m uncomfortable. I think it’s more reasonable to ask for a speedy transition from transformation form to human form.

1 Like

That seems like a reasonable approach.

2 Likes

The pvp balance collapsed in Diablo II : R 2.4 due to the deletion of FHR diminishing effect, bone spell DMG buff, and fast block motion frame. I’m desperately hoping for a rollback of FHR to version 2.3 so that 86FHR, 125FC’s Necromancer and 102FC Assassin can enjoy it again.

teleport is so lame you skip the whole game to get to the final boss to have 1-2 min games at the end.
it destroys all playing together with other classes it becomes a kind of single player game.
it’s so much fun at the beginning of a season when you always play with the whole group from norm act 1 to act 2 and walk around together where you don’t really skip everything
teleport destroys the hole game and i hope they change it !
i think thats a good way
teleport back to the location you last teleported from
then you can still teleport back and forth without getting too far off the screen. For example, you teleport forward then you have 8 seconds to go back to the same place with the same teleport skill and if you sit out the 8 seconds then you can teleport forward again without going back and that repeats itself or keeps going back and forth all the time without any CD.
so you either have normal teleport with 8 sec CD or forward back without CD all in 1 skill

2 Likes