The loot in this game is literally killing my motivation

For what? Normally in arpgs you are farming FOR the endgame. Here is the problem: D2 dont have any endgame.

Im cool with that because i know what i get when i play D2. But thats how it is.

2 Likes

Haha 100%, one of the reasons why D2R just got a 6/10 review. We need a new expansion in D2R.

2 Likes

Nah, drop rates are fine. People just need to stop treating this game like Diablo 3 or WoW where gear requirements tend to be much more prescripted. In Diablo 2, your killer gear could be a unique, a rare, a crafted item, an exceptional item that was upgraded, a runeword, an ethereal, or even just the right magic item.

If you obsessively search for that ONE unique item with horrific drop chances, then yeah, you may never find it in a ladder on your own. However, if try to build around what you find, you would be amazed how strong you can make your character. Certainly good enough to take on Hell difficulty.

Diablo 2 is a wonderful game to try to be creative! Embrace it!

5 Likes

What are you comparing to?

D2R’s end game is botting. This is why the leaderboard on D2 were bots for many years, this is one of the only games where the end game is botting :joy:. Hopefully, Rod fixes this soon.

D2 to other arpgs, what should i do? Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, PoE… Even D3 (which is in fact 10000 times worse then D2) have more Endgame Content compared to D2.

1 Like

Theres a huge balancing issue. And I personally would take the side loot needs to be even more rare. The sharing of gear between characters via the stash. And being able to change realms make a trade and swap back.

More rare? My god man, at that point only crazy people and bots will play the game.

If blizzard added leaderboards to D2R, they would be exposed for having a serious botting issue, it makes sense why Blizzard hasn’t released the leaderboards yet. Imagine the reviews, 6/10 would of looked like a favor to the company if they had leaderboards. :joy:

No theres not…its awesome that the drop rates are low. Every single other game in the world drops the best stuff like candy.Its a breath of fresh air.

5 Likes

Having more endgame content doesn’t make it meaningful. For instance, you mention PoE that has a bunch of content but that doesn’t change the fact you can beat the game and finish fights with Shaper/Elder/Sirus/Maven within the first day or two.

D3 same thing. You get your full gear and legendary gems in the first day then the rest is spent upgrading the gear you already have into Ancients/Primals.

How you spend your time in game is up to you.

2 Likes

More or less. I mean its a fact that other games have more to offer besides ONLY farming.

Farming isnt Endgame Content, every arpg has farming.

People forget that ladder was always like this for the first few weeks… Players only need one copy of many items so once people have them, duplicates make their into the market and before long you can trade a screen full of Pgems for that shako. If the guy really did 1000 mf runs and found nothing, he must of been leaving behind a ton of valuable items and must only be grabbing Uniques and sets.

I can tell you that when I played my Necro I counted 5…FIVE wands that dropped from the start to Diablo, none of them magical. I did get 2 of the same set item (amulet)…and a pretty good shrunken head, but that was it…literally it for what I could use as a Necro.

I have 3 chars in my lvl 70’s in D2R, hammerdin, meterorb sorc, and mf barb. I have yet to find any real gear that would help me better in hell difficulty.

Jeez How do you already have 3 lvl 70s lol

1 Like

At lvl 25 you gain lvls fast rushing higher difficulties.

I know that but still lol

I freelance as a pentester through Bug Bounty programs, so I have my own hours. :man_shrugging:

If you can clear hell cows, do that without any MF and farm white soketables. Things like an ethereal Thresher with 4 sockets are pretty valuable.

1 Like