The end ladder by bots

Well, another ladder destroyed for the bots, you can see that there are no cosmetics here for you to earn money, you removed the d2r team to take it to d4 and you failed in both games, focus on your best game and divide the teams so that there is someone behind from d2r, one week and goodbye ladder, it is so difficult with the millions you have to ban bot ty accounts, you cannot compete against machines

5 Likes

Even if there weren’t bots, you’d still be up against the ~300 lb dudes who still live in their moms basement that play video games for 20 hours a day…

How do you compete against someone like that? You have to become like them, who sacrifice their health and life’s opportunities just to be the best at a video game. (or run a bot.)

And yes, there are plenty of them out there.

2 Likes

At least it’d be fair. You’d have to choose to either live a healthy life or be like those incels.
Still there are much, much fewer no-lifes than bots.
And if bots and RMT were bannable, such dudes would quickly lose the motivation to play.

Those 300 lb dudes in their moms basement are probably the ones running the majority of the RMT bots. It’s EZ money for them.

I don’t even think THEY could nolife the game that long without stopping at some point and thinking of a way to make the game do work for them to further feed their lifestyle habits.

Hahahaha… How far have we come, the guy worried about 300kg fat people, using it as a reason to normalize BOTS. Gordo does whatever he wants with his time, whether he’s playing or not and so do you! And if you want to play an easy game, my tip is to abandon the RPG genre, as RPG is precisely for those players, who decide to invest hours and hours in the game!
Your speed of progression in the game depends on how much of your life you want to invest in the game!

I recommend ARPG to you! DOTA , LOL, HON, Overwatch

:yawning_face:

… I was not trying to justify bot usage. I hate bots just as much as anyone else does.

I think Blizzard has largely given up playing the constant cat and mouse battle of them banning botters. It costs them money to combat cheaters, and we all know that a publicly traded company and their shareholders don’t like red ink spilling if it can be avoided.

But that’s exactly why players are coming to the complaint forum, I see you, among other players, using justifications and normalizing the game being condemned with hacks! I’m a developer and I guarantee that it’s possible to ban bots and hacks, those spam chat bots, you can ban them, with a day of programming! As for MF bots, just use technologies like the RAGNAROK game itself uses against BOTS, among others!

Today’s bots are using a library called OPENCV, used for image processing, the same function that radars use, it’s just through a contract on the player’s machine warning that if anything related to this is run during the game, it’s over and done with. !

4 Likes

Then please, apply at Microsoft/Blizzard and show them how to take care of the problem.

There is no shortage of professionals at Blizzard who can do this, what Blizzard lacks is shame!

5 Likes

I’m sure they could do something about it, but the question is, do they really want to?

They make more money from botters rebuying the game after being banned versus legitimate customers who don’t get banned and don’t need to rebuy the game.

Who do you think their favorite customer is when it comes to the bottom line?

It sure as hell isn’t me with my one copy of the game that I preordered.

1 Like

Please tell us what arpg has bots figured out? It is rampant in d3 and d4 too.

Play for YOURSELF, friends, family and join private discord groups. As I’ve repeated a whole bunch of times, even without bots, this is a global server where we are competing against millions of chinese farmers who farm multiple games for a website for a couple yuan per hour. So you’re still going to feel like a chump…

This game was NEVER about “fairness” or “balance” or whatever crap modern gamers cry about. D2 is really a sandbox that shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

The game is dead in a week, I’ve already abandoned the ladder, it doesn’t deserve the investment of my life time, just as about 10 friends on my list also abandoned it, if only 11 of my current friends abandoned it, think about the rest! I repeat again, using hacks and a game full of bots is not normal, it made it worse when you normalized it!

4 Likes

none of my real life friends play diablo, and i have very few online friends who want to play seriously… we don’t match up our game time often . d2:r is only for the hardcore at this point. just like it was before d2:r

1 Like

blame d2jsp (botting website literally named after their bot) and those that use it. they are the problem.

6 Likes

Eh, not really. You can take a few PTO days and a weekend and have 5 days of fun. Ladders usually get stale after that anyway as bots destroy it completely. The first few ladders were great. Destroyed after a week or so, and that’s fine. But now, they are destroyed within 12 hours.

All it would take is for Blizzard to lift a finger again. Which they won’t.

Waste days off on a video game? That’s exactly what basement incels do (assuming they are not financially dependent and work)! Sorry, I’d rather spend that time on a nice outdoor trip. If the game requires me to play during a specific time only and arrange the rest of my life around that, that’s a deal-breaker.

If not bots, RMT and other cheats, we could have ladders playable for weeks, if not months.

3 Likes

I wouldnt expect many changes regarding cheating/hacking/botting … a vast majority of miscreants that caused this are still employed there and … the new company that owns them is based on lying/stealing anyway … so there ya have it … rich by stealing, buying another company that cheats/hacks/bots … no change

Kind of a bizarre post. If you’re worried about stigmas, it’s a sign of immaturity. I take pto for games and kayaking trips. Both are beloved hobbies. It’s not relevant if one is more respected than the others or “incels” like one of them more. I’m going to enjoy my life how I see fit.

1 Like

I played over 15 years ago and can’t believe d2jsp is around and also I guess I am not surprised bots are still around as technology has advanced cause even 15-16 years ago people were doing MH/Sorc runs and Andy bot runs.

anyone who talks like that is a noob or a … dumby