Teo winning ladder is NOT good for this game

yeah…d2r ladder is a popularity contest, nothing more

even d3 ladder is better

1 Like

I’m kind of grateful that all this is shining a brighter light on the need for a solo self found ladder. Really hope they implement that.

2 Likes

I am curious of the people complaining how many were ever going to 99 anyway. I have played this game off and off since it released originally (way more off than of but still) and have never gotten to 99 - not once. I would hazard a guess that 90+% of players will never get past level 95.

People enjoy an even playing field even if they don’t intend on becoming an NBA player. Call it psychological if you want, but it’s no fun knowing that you have no chance without heading a major stream.

Yep same Body. That would literally be THE PLAY, if and that’s a big IF, that we get SSF sc/hc ladders, till the jsp and other shady sites stuff is solved and if not, then those people who don’t support botting and RMTING can play SSF win win.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. It really would be a huge step in the evolution of the game. It’s already an industry standard, so there’s no risk. There’s no reason not to do this. The true prestige of ladder would be on SSF.

1 Like

there is no ladder, everyone is using FG making it ridiculous for anyone who is playing legit. They all got enigma and stuff by day 2, ladder is pointless really just a fresh start and new patch there is no “race” at least no legit one

2 Likes

I mean the thing is the GOAL, if you are 90 and full equipped you can do everything on a telestomp necro, you can farm every zone with a sorc without caring about immunities thanks to your griffon and infinity and you can kill ubers/uber Diablo with a <Pul Smiterdin. The problem is there is no real endgame besides getting a torch/anni and lvling another char to farm a specific thing or do unbalanced + who has the better ping PvP.

As long as jsp and other sites benefit from Blizzard not caring about their ToS and botting getting handled (better than 20 years ago), but still not as efficent as it should, nothing will change.

2 Likes

Well I think some people enjoy ladder for how much wealth they can gain in FG. So they get their enigmas early using their wealth from previous ladders, and then farm out as much as possible. That’s how they enjoy the game. I don’t think it should be allowed, but Blizzard allows it so more power to them.

That said, such a population should be separated from a population that enjoys the game in more fundamental and ethically competitive ways. A solo self found ladder would do this.

I just moved on to path of exile, it killed D2 for me. it is constantly evolving and honestly its just a far superior game in every way but PVP. I was pumped for ladder but its just felt stale and it seems alll that is left is the same old JSP crowds from old bnet i think a lot of people gave up and moved on for sure. Blizzard needs to step it up with this game and get a trade site going among many other things, doesnt help the community is stuck in 2001 and do not want the game to be improved so it was dead on arrival really

2 Likes

I’ve got my eye on path of exile 2, but for now it’s just way too much bloat for me. I don’t think you should need a number theory degree to make a decent build on your own. I enjoy games like D2 for the MFing, not having to roll out 50 different spreadsheets.

Yeah there are so many ideas like maps, seasonal events (I dunno instead of gobos from D3 loot cows with a rarity of spawning = to a pul or something) and more changes towards forced group play instead of playing a 8 man grp game, solo all day (besides exp farming or rush/getting rushed).

1 Like

you are missing out so much, its free just try it.

It is bloated but you really do not have to do everything just pick someting you like to do such as maps and run them. You are really missing out … New league is next friday and it looks amazing, it is a bit overwhelming at first for sure but if you play at your own pace and do not worry about the bloat just stick to the campaign even if you want to. The possibilities are limitless in POE but you can also keep is simple if you like

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve played probably 2,000 hours of poe. It’s a fantastic game. But it has gotten to the point of too much bloat imo. The trade system is far superior, and I love so many aspects of it. I do hope its second incarnation is more streamlined though.

Thanks for the tip on the new league. I likely will try it out Friday. It’s funny though, every time I go back from D2 to POE it seems so zoomed in lol.

the second one will be more campaign focused. Yeah it has a lot going on but you do not need to do it all, like i said you can do whatever you want really no need to get that far into the bloat

1 Like

The biggest thing I like about PoE is the content when you reach maps there is so much thrown in your face, you don’t even know what to do, instead of “yeah get your torch nice now get your anni wowee now what?”. The downside I agree with Bodach is the building your character it’s the definition of WAYTOODANK.

its is very complex for sure, i find character building amazing in POE though you can literally do anything

Yeah I always tell myself that I can skip most of the stuff but there must be some aspect of me that is a completionist. And it bothers me so much knowing that I could improve my character in various ways that I’m just neglecting. At which point I get annoyed with the bloat.

I understand, POE 2 will balance this but will also lead to the same endgame keep that in mind.

I dunno i never been more addicted to a game in my life, i play it in HC and i want to finish every single thing there is to do without looking at videos etc. Will likely take me years gonna be so much fun. honestly i love it all , harvest, expedition, delve, maps, heists, i just love having the options to do whatever you want and new and exciting changes for newcomers and veterans alike every 3 months.

1 Like