System requirements for Diablo 4?

What are the system requirements for Diablo 4?

1 Like

Same as D3’s but require more post processing for the darker tint

5 Likes

not out officially , can’t find on official website.

but some questionable third party site guesses this:

Diablo 4 System Requirements

Diablo 4 recommended requirements

• Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • File Size: 50 GB

Diablo 4 minimum requirements

• Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
  • File Size: 50 GB
3 Likes

Highly unlikely that the system requirements will be beyond this for recommended:

CPU: Intel 9th Gen i5
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: 16gb
Solid State Drive requirement

Diablo 3 barely pushed the then current gen CPU/GPU specs… So I’m not expecting Diablo 4 to even come close to current gen.

1 Like

Hope my RTX 3070 + Ryzen 5800X3D won’t burn

1 Like

i got 3080ti and 13900k w/32gb ddr5 ram but i have a feeling its still not gonna be perfectly fluid :wink:

i remember diablo3 chugging due to calculations no matter what your system was for a while. something about area damage and stuff made the engine choke from time to time due to the amount of calculations. i dont quite have faith that they learned their lessons heh

its still broken that way

meh, games gonna be a dumpster fire. try and enjoy the playthrough i guess…

4 Likes

The logical fallacy here is intense

2 Likes

The world will be in the throws of WW3 before D4: Path of Exile is released. Go out side and start training! :rofl:

2 Likes

No logical fallacy here, at all actually. I’m basing this off the of design of the game - which is for the most part exactly the same engine with some modern improvements - speculative based on what I’ve seen without playing the game.

There is nothing special going on in the game that differs from Diablo 3. For the most part, it looks exactly the same but with different pallet color tones and some more realistic volumetric lighting going on to give the game a moodier atmosphere.

But please, do enlighten me. Your presence is probably as intense as you thought my response was, so surely you must have some information to share with the rest of us.

Boy, I do love passive aggressive responses though, especially when they’re baseless. You act as if I insulted you or your… intelligence.

Let’s say this is true and min req is 1050TI, do you think my 1050 would have a chance?

1 Like

isn’t it a bit weird for blizzard not to have announced any official requirements yet?

betas have been going on, game is realeasing in ~6months… they should know by now lol

what are they hiding :wink:

BG3 releases AFTER d4 and theyve had their official requirements listed for years.
something’s not quite right.

Probably won’t pull more than 40-50 FPS at medium settings but it’ll work.

I’m guessing they’re still tweaking stuff, therefor they can’t know until they finish the tweaking and optimization.

the game’s development is now being rushed, because of budget issues and man power issues(the famous firing), so that means probably until the last minute, since they’ll be working around the clock.

but you can really expect blizzard game to be reasonable in terms of system.
resurrected is very power hungry, but - it was built by a contractor working for bliz.
but blizzard itself will deliver. that’s their moto. and money hunger also. they want it to be playable for the least power capable machine, so that they’ll reach more and more clients to buy their game.

I would worry about running it on max settings. for that i assume you would need a competent computer. especially if they’re using RTX, which they will probably? i am not informed though.
it would be silly not to.
unless again, they want to reach the max clients number.

but any decent GPU who is capable of running RTX, and not just on paper, with normal performance is VERY expensive card, and the computer that can hold it also is very expensive.

I have an 8 year old machine running a super 1660 GTX i7 4th gen. still capable. but if i want RTX i will have to HORK like 4000 grand…build a whole new computer from scratch… which scares me.

1 Like

Does it matter? I mean it’s gonna be a WoW: Diablo 4 story game with zero customization and almost no freedom, everything politically correct with some LGBT NPCs thrown into the mix so you railroad your way to the end and go back to D2 or whatever mod-able sandbox game.

5 Likes

yep, you’ll get no argument from me. i really wanted this to be better game than d2.
but i am willing to give it go, and skip that cynical attitude cause it ruins the fun.
if my fun will be ruined- i will notice it. i won’t let it be ruined before the experience itself.

we still don’t have a real clue, but the agenda of now adays media keeping it safe and boring for all of us. that much is true.

3 Likes

i don’t like blizz’s attempts at rtx, in wow anyways. they dont quite have a good grasp on it - some reflective textures will just blink white :wink:

if d4 has rtx ill leave it off for sure heh

As one who participated in the closed D4 beta and has roughly 30 years of PC hardware/gaming experience… My guess is they are going to encompass a wide range of hardware setups, just for the sole purpose of not barring themselves from selling to the masses. They wouldn’t want to put to market a dud like Crytek did back in 2007 with Crysis, where it had such high system requirements that it didn’t run on 95% of the computers people had, and the other 5% it ran like total dog :poop:. It wasn’t until a few years after Crysis was released and with the release of faster hardware that the general public could actually play the game.

Now that being said… A DirectX 12 capable graphics card is bound to be a requirement for D4.
A wild guess for a minimum spec card would be somewhere around a RX 590/GTX 780Ti. And that’s just to be able to run the game, not for it to look good, not for it to be playable at high FPS.

A Quad Core or better CPU is also bound to be a requirement.

8GB of RAM is a requirement. It might even be 16, as it was pushing it with 16, but I had other things running in the background. (Chrome, lol. We all know how big of a memory hog that is.)

A solid-state drive may not be required, but IMO will definitely be a requirement… Unless you don’t mind waiting 20-30 minutes for the game to load.

The game took a couple of minutes to load up for me, and that’s with a Gen4 NVMe solid-state drive on a Ryzen 9-3900X/X570 system. Now I’m sure the game is not yet fully optimized for quick load times.

The D4 beta ran fine on my system:
Ryzen 9-3900x
16GB DDR4-3600
1TB Gen4 NVMe SSD
GTX 1080Ti

I didn’t play it much for two reasons:
1: Didn’t want to spoil the game for myself.
2: The annoying whole screen watermark made it almost impossible to play especially in dark areas.

2 Likes

Lol I highly doubt this CPU will be good enough, even as a minimum spec…let alone a recommended one. If the trend continues, D4 probably won’t be multi-core friendly and that CPU is the only good thing it HAD back when it was current gen, it always had trash IPC, FX CPUs didn’t ages well at all. Intel and AMD Ryzen CPUs however…those I still recommend. If you’re stilling using an FX CPU in 2023 for gaming, you’re missing out on performance and you’re griefing your gaming experience.