System requirements for Diablo 4?

you’re gonna need 40 gigs of ram, and a 16gb Vram, good luck.

I’m kidding, nobody knows and this is d2. I cant wrap my head around how fast things become obsolete for computers. 2 years ago 4gb Vram was good, now people can get 8gb of Vram? how? probably costs a fortune too.

1 Like

Blizzard is known for the fact that even older PCs can handle the game.

This is also urgent in the current times, as many people can’t even afford the ridiculous prices for graphics cards, as they themselves are in wage dumping and the prices are more than twice as expensive as they should be in the first place and then it would still be expensive.
And also the rest of the hardware has become much more expensive, look for example at mainboards or CPUs…

Blizzard would only undermine themselves with too high minimum requirements a large number of players and thus buyers of their very expensive product. And these players still can’t simply upgrade for the reasons mentioned, the current situation is too serious for that.

No, I think they will set moderate minimum requirements and the settings in the game can be drastically lowered. Would simply be best for all parties and also very sensible currently.

3 Likes

There are no system requirements for D4. D4 was canceled after players are seeing how it’s basically a D3 Reskin.

4 Likes

Yes you could actually think :slight_smile:

Why they took the rather boring D3 from the gameplay and not the more fun and felt stronger gameplay of D2, or even throttled it a bit, so as an intermediate of D1 and D2, which would have been the best, most challenging and exciting solution, also in terms of a horror survival action RPG, where then the world and the monsters would have had real tangible recognition value, is also a mystery to me.

D4 looks good in itself, probably also has an exciting atmosphere, but gameplay-wise it just seems slick and monotonous and doesn’t take the possibilities of the atmosphere and the game world at all with and up, but rather pushes against it and makes the chance for an interesting game to nullify, so I have the feeling.

When I already see the overloaded effects, what the mobs let go so and again they have put on effects that seem more like made difficulty for a skill game than to be authentic, I also always just see a boosted D3 in front of me, which was too much too colorful too overloaded and fast, had a bad gameplay without return value and was simply monotonous with time. It felt more like playing down.
Luckily they probably cut back on the item drops, otherwise it would have crashed even more.

Still… Just not having a hitstun etc… D2 combat behavior beats but playing D3 always.
And even D1 had through its slow gameplay and strong recognition of enemy NPCs, enormous impact that D3 could not unfold and I do not see all that in D4.

D4 is more like Lost Ark, and it plays like it’s just winding down and doesn’t create any RPG depth in either combat or abilities. You just run off and press your buttons and the screen seems constantly cluttered and everything goes too fast.
Since you don’t really earn anything slowly in a hard world and then enjoy it, everything has no value either. And no friction in an RPG and survival strategy depending on class… that’s nothing… Without RPG roles and clear different ways of playing classes to each other and also within by different skill sets, it’s all just soup.
D2 holds because of very specific criteria that you did not have in D3 at all and I’m worried about D4 not without reason…

1 Like

remember,
always remember,
its important not to forget,
that,
this is,
a thread,
about,
system requirements.

4 Likes

The game will be out in ± 5 month, and there is no system requirement yet?
How come?

To be fair, Diablo 2 started the trend of early release and patch later! Boy was Diablo 2 different at launch. My earliest disk is from the battlechest and D2 is 1.03, LoD 1.07. Its surreal playing a sorc on 1.03 because it had no casting cool downs, trav was a nightmare!

2 Likes

7.62x51 all the way!

2 Likes

At this point in tech, anything beyond what the 30 series, or equivalent, can manage is pointless fidelity that the eye won’t naturally notice. 1080p and 1440p have reached a peak. If you’re one of those guys who needs to play with 300 fps at 4k, enjoy the delusion that it matters for gaming.

1 Like

Activision-Blizzard has released a statement today that the personal requirements for Diablo 4 are as follows.

-Poor Taste in video games
-Poor Taste in trash companies could be Activision-Blizz or similar
-Likes to waste money

If you fit all of the above personal requirements you will be happy to know we will release D4 completely unfinished and buggy and will gladly take your money with no concerns about any of your opinions on the game.

2 Likes

I bet it’s delayed because they did not put in enough rainbow flags and lgbtqp npcs.

As for actual requirements, historically all blizzard IP games were able to run off potato level hardware, with sc2 being the only exception where excessive number of units were in play circa 2010.

well i guess im gonna have to toss my new 4070ti

Rumor has it you’re going to need to download a whole lot more RAM if you want to play D4

the system…ic awareness indoctrination bs is why this will be the last diablo game for me.

as if systemic is even a real word.

I played the Beta with an i7 3770 16Gb Ram Asus Strix OC 1060 6gb installed on an HDD.
For 1080p 30FPS Ultra it was ok.

So if you have a 4 core 8 thread cpu less than 16gb ram and 1050Τi you will play Low-Mid settings 1080p 30FPS.

Now I have an i7 12700k 32gb ram 4070Ti and I hope I can Play 4K Ultra 60Fps

Diablo 4 system requirement

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
capital One
eSG

Actually, it almost certainly will be good enough. It is coming out on Playstation 4, which is a Jaguar CPU, which is extremely similar to an FX 6300 but very very VERY low clock speed. With the progress in sharpening and scaling technology, system requirements are actually dropping as time goes on rather than going up. Any company inflating their system requirements on paper are mostly doing it from pressure from their hardware partners. It is trivial to support older hardware now, as long as it isn’t so old that it can’t use a usable graphics API.