Sunday 26th 10:30am PDT Maintence!

go for it but keep an eye on any further maintenance messages lol. it looks like everything is proceeding exactly as it did on PD2 launch. meaning the damage got done in the first few minutes the servers got restarted

ok gonna try it, no risk no fun :wink:

I’m guessing the character data and stash items/gold/etc is stored in some kind of database on a separate virtual server than the server that hosts the actual client login process and game lobbies, but I am just speculating.

1 Like

Blizzard has unwittingly created a new form of HC character.

Will server maintenance get you?? Find out for yourself in our new and exciting HC Server maintenance mode!!!

2 Likes

This is the link you should have shared:

1 Like

This was good advice, but… The blue notice went up an hour before the window opened. If you’d launched your game and started playing before then, you would not have seen any message on the launcher, and if playing the game probably not forum lurking. You would have no idea maintenance we going to start in less than an hour.

This was what happened to me. During the window, I exiting a long-running Act 1-3 hell game, to find a new one. But, at that point, I was locked out yet again.

There was no warning on my server, so I’m assuming that mine was one of those not directly impacted by the window. However, returning to the lobby seems to have done the trick, awarding me with a bright, shiny new ban.

1 Like

By doing this it seems that alot of us who were in game and didnt see any server message are now locked ourselves. I was already locked out 9 hours the other day. Just rotating whos locked out it feels like lol.

1 Like

I’m trying to gain some traction regarding this issue, please give a like to my thread. I think we would all like to be notified with an in-game timer before servers go down. Additionally, I doubt any of us want to lose progress. As per the recommendation, I think an in-game announcement with a timer is critical; especially given the history of the last three days – foreshadowing the future, I doubt these issues will let up any time soon.

4 Likes

I really wish they just kicked everyone off the online service. no in game warning was pretty mean.

3 Likes

Just tried getting in and my characters are all locked again… dam

So basically I have to keep an eye on forum to avoid losing progress? That’s… kinda ridiculous to me…

2 Likes

Same man, they need to have a server shutdown message. Servers will shutdown in 30 minutes please log out so you don’t lose progression.

1 Like

Completely agree with your statement.

1 Like

Na, they say you may lose progress. It was a friendly warning. Also they have been clear this problem has been happening on the forum. You just have to check in for 1 min every couple hours. not that big of a deal. You probably wont lose progress unless you disconnected and immediately got the character is still in game. but usually its only progress for one game. So if you do a baal run you just lost that one game. its bad for some who played 8 hours in a game… still no gaurantee

1 Like

It needs to be a popup, with a dismiss button. And no, I’m not too concerned about HC being distracted. They’d be more distracted if they miss the message entirely.

They need to have an IN GAME notice. This was happening and I wasn’t even aware.

Same here. Now my character is STUCKERINO.

1 Like

I mean they need a message saying its going to happen.

After that it should DC you and then give you maintenance message before you even get to lobby.

We dont even get a maintenance message at all… its pathetic.

this is a “finished” product right? without a maintenance message pop up?

mhmmm right… “Finished” product… this thing is held together by scotch tape.

Yes they do. The best way I know of is the 30 min, 15 min, then at 10 min it starts messaging each minute.

People tend to notice that. A single one is easy to miss.

1 Like