Stop asking for players x command

Yeah, I just began playing offline some days ago, so I will be ready when playersX comes to Switch where I play most.

I did consider joining your hc leveling the other day but was worried the amount of players would result in loot chaos, and I don’t want to end up cursing anyone for the rest of my life, as I can be a bad loser. Also, since I’m kinda new to D2 I spend much time looking at stuff, probably too slow for experienced players.

Nah.

Before D2R there was TCP / Open, and maybe we get it back in D2R so offline != singleplayer.

What about just wanting to switch devices, or just want a backup on bnet servers? Not “Singleplayer” anymore? Narrow minded. It’s just not offline anymore.

/players should never be allowed in ladder, but theres no reason to forbid it in non-ladder.

1 Like

Yea people would socialize less and make more solo priv games… my god that would absolutely be the final nail in D2’s coffin!

In all seriousness tho /players command would have zero impact on the economy, D2’s economy thrived even when everyone and their mother had bots/MH/wide spread HR duping.

1 Like

Thats more interesting proposition and i would honestly not be against it but only after first season start.

1 Like

Yeah? Go watch some streamers on SP who run LK super chest. High runes there are pretty much guaranteed after certain number of run on p7 setting.

There is many other things which can be abused with players x setting.

1 Like

We really had loot chaos… nobody wanted to take the gull dagger that dropped.

1 Like

Even if you can do p7 command, LK runs are still inefficient online because of random maps.

2 Likes

Hey, it was fine we enjoyed our run and ended up at 70, had some tips on the way tho. No issues with loot, i have some stuff already so i let others take what they wanted in game. We had no fights over loot.

1 Like

Interesting because i was running it with more accounts online and got several high runes with it.

Its maybe less efficient than on SP, but far from i efficient way to get high runes.

Its not just that, its cows, all objects, gold chests…

Also XP, leveling with that command is more effective than with other players.

1 Like

i would like to have it for switch console because max possible players is 4 and so without the command you will never have the 8p bonus

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this, especially with the removal of TCP/IP and Open bnet. Adding /players x to non-ladder would create the equivalent to what SP/Open bnet was before.

But also agree that ladder should never include /players x.

2 Likes

No, I won’t stop asking. It’s annoying having to deal with setting up multiple player games online, specially on console. And then you have the whole gear competition aspect with 8 players in game which is also something I’d rather not deal with.

I like playing with other people for fun and I do that sometimes, but it’s a pain to get full 8 player games going for one, but when I want to farm specifically it would be very nice to be able to manipulate player count at will, specially because optimal player count differs depending what you are looking for, so being able to change that at will would be very nice quality of life.

2 Likes

But why not play offline? When you feel like in mood for playing for fun with others, join online battle net, when not play offline with players x maybe?

1 Like

EXACTLY! we are not asking for players 8 to be in ladder. just for it to be added to current online. without tcp/open i cant play single player and then randomly play with friends on characters ive built and leveld. i do not want to start over just to play with a friend for a few hours a month if even this. i hate randoms online its not worth it. im a solo player that occasionally plays with IRL friends. i play self found and never trade. if im trading something its me giving you and item and wanting nothing in return. you guys getting all sweaty over players 8 online are seriously defending a bad game. overall D2 was is and almost always has been a hot mess. the game needs balancing badly.

3 Likes

So if the game were “properly balanced” then /players X online wouldn’t be needed?

What do you consider properly balanced?

Being lazy, would be buying gear. Not farming for hundreds of hours at a harder scaled difficulty.

But maybe if the lobby wasn’t such complete crap people would be more willing to….play solo, but with other people.

Which is the stupidity of the entire system, the goal is to still MF alone, just with extra steps.

3 Likes

My opinion on parts of D2 have changed a lot since release.

I’ve now downgraded the online play from “barely passable” to “hot trash”. If people aren’t grinding EXP, they aren’t playing together. No one wants you around to possibly take their drops. Even streamers on twitch get pissy about it. All MF games are split MF games. You aren’t talking, you aren’t sharing, you aren’t doing anything social. Just churn games.

If the lobby wasn’t trash or if other parts of the game got some updating - I might have a different opinion.

As it stand right now though. You should be able to set your game, online or offline to any desired player difficulty.

2 Likes

For me, there is multiple problems with this. First is that it forces you to be solo self found. I like to be able to trade items to get what I need because I like to min/max, to a point at least. Secondly, I like to be able to show off my cool build and items to other players(silly maybe, but it’s one way I have fun) and lastly, and this sort of ties into the other points but starting over offline doesn’t really appeal to me.

Most of this would be moot if we could at least take our characters online/offline at will but since we can’t for various reasons, seems to be the easiest solution is to just add /players 8 to battlenet, not to ladder though.

1 Like

Oh yeay why not split your characters into online / offline just for solo /p8 :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

There’s no reason this shouldn’t be a feature

Yeah… except completely breaking class balance.

SMH at new players asking for balance changes, please sink a few k hours in before you make more suggestions.