So who made a complete DPS leap barb?

maxroll .gg/d2/d2planner/9g0106pl

Anyone make something similar to this?

Zax tried for his online SSF grail attempt but it didn’t sound very good.

Maybe with GG gear vs doing a SSF run things are different?

1 Like

Yeah there is something weird with that area damage. But i cant exactly tell what is it. Its like a delay or short range on it. I was able to fix it offline with modding so it felt much better :smile:

Anyway, look for MacroBioboi on youtube. He has great guide for leap barb.

I think that main issue is hit mechanic of that skill. Also its not doing a lot fully maxed, i mean the area dmg will be still weak for hell.

1 Like

You used the Bcombat skills? I’m not looking for a guide, I’m looking for someone who is willing to hero edit this gear on a barb and try it. I am curious if it is physical damage, where Reapers toll might help the AOE damage honestly. If I remember Correctly Warcries did magical damage. So I cam curious if this is the same effect or physical.

Essentially tele in with a reapers toll merc, who casts decrep, then you stomp the area, maybe 2-3 hits kills in the AOE, less in P1.

It’s quite possibly the only build that could make use of Barb Combat grand charms.

Its trash, I used GG mentors hero editor file to load in some stuff, its garbage.

The aoe effect doesnt seem to be getting any better even from decrepify or grim ward.
I won’t pursue this anymore, the “AOE” is trash.

1 Like

Grimward would be the way, not decre from reapers toll and no its not that good. I tried it with maxed gear. Mechanic of that area dmg acts weirdly. Its missile basicly, physical dmg to area. + main dmg with weapon to single target.

Biggest issue of that build is that fact that you will often get hit by mobs before you even land to do dmg.

Its actualy sad because with like 3 simple changes i made i was able to make amazing build from that with some modding.

I don’t think the damage gets multiplied from grim ward, at least in my minimal testing.
I thought the leap AOE was doing magic damage, much like War Cry.

This is how it could look if blizzard would actualy properly change the skill to be viable and fun to play.

Its physical dmg, not magic, so it should do more into grim ward affected enemies. Also other issue is that area dmg can be blocked. I changed that in my video above.

Would be also interesteing if boots would increase dmg of it.

1 Like

If it’s physical damage, Decrep should increase the damage. That doesn’t make sense.

I can easily test it home, not now as i am on phone.

Test it vs physical immunes and you will see.

It’s Physical. So why doesn’t decrep help? That makes me think amp wouldn’t either.

How much you tested that? It has range dmg , it also dont hit always and -50% would not be that siggnificant to see right away i think.

I cant think of any reason why it should not work with it. Even complicated mechanic like thorns work with it.

I was leaping on ghosts no damage change with 1-2k damage on players 1 from the AOE. Ill add the combat gcs again to see if it helps, but it didnt seem to help in chaos sanctuary vs non physical immunes.

Hero edit your char offline and give it leap and leap attack at lvl 99, go jump on ghost with area dmg. Then use decrepify and jump again. You should do dmg.

lol alright ill try that. It didn’t work I tried adding more skills to Hoto, it put them at level 1, tried to make them plus 73, should have had the same effect.

It won’t let me alter the skill higher than the allocated points for a normal character.

Ill try with spellsteal and an amp wand.

Do you have d2 hero editor? You can simply add skills to 99 there as hard points. Then just transfer char to d2r.

Amp works for sure. Double checking decrep. Should work. Yeah they both work, i just couldn’t tell from the merc. I had him killed and used the amp wand and spellsteal the AOE does more damage with them. I doubt a regular flail hoto was doing that much damage at 1k.

I did notice it hitting twice sometimes as well though, super weird. Sometimes it initiated a knock back effect too, but that was only the actual weapon hit animation, not the AOE effect causing it.

Maybe the double effect is the AOE itself as well as the weapon hit.

1 Like

Yeah its weird, thats why i fixed/improved it in several ways for my offline play :slight_smile:

I do like that idea, as well as an increased area of effect.

1 Like