Finishing Grail online before season 2

Well I have two accounts so I can use for this. By my calculations one account should be even enough most likely.

Its probably boring to watch as I dont stream sound or talk at all :slight_smile:

Just to clarify. Everything drops and I pick up in my solo game or public games counts for the grail. But I dont take anything given for free and also trading is not allowed.

1 Like

There are so many items i have never ever ever seen that it simply wont happen. Plenty of ladder left, thats not the problem, its just impossible in terms of odds.

My eth griffons I found was a 19/13. Still a nice roll. Still a nice candidate for a Zod rune. We can still put them to good use.

Well, we will see :slight_smile: it depends on some luck i will have. For example enigma would speed up process of farming items significantly :slight_smile:

My barb is ready to do baalruns today and then ho nm so i should be able to get to nm baalruns today i think.

Btw some guy offered me nice circlet and halaberd reign uniq barb help when i was in act 3, i had to decline :smile:

1 Like

I will admit, its playing the game as it is meant to be played. If only there was an online SSF ladder with holygrail feature, people could compete live with you.

Good luck on your quest!

1 Like

Thx, I found first two items yesterday, Kinemil´s Awl Giant Sword and Sander´s Riprap Heavy Gloves. But leap barb wasnt propbably best of my ideas, he seems weak and hit mechanics of that area dmg is just weird and sometimes working in wird way. Am going to stream next part right now:

1 Like

Gogogogogogo!

Good luck. Show those RNG gods who’s da boss. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

I have new report:

Started my last playing session with Baalruns and I found out how bad is Leap attack build. THe main issue is that you are getting hit by monsters even before you actualy land. I have seen at at minions of destruction. They always hit me with stun before I could react after Leaping attack. And I was killing Baal hell like forever with it :slight_smile:

I was lucky to find quite good Baaalruns teleported by level 93 sorc. That guy also rushed us after to end of Nightmare. After that I did some NM baalruns and found Hell game where we managed to get to ACT V Hell. After that I did few Hell Baalruns and like 1 Hour of farming Lower kurast at Baalruns. Got Lum there :slight_smile:

I was able to pick up plenty of missing items for grail, but pretty much everything is missing at this point so… :smiley:

Suff I found in last session:

Misc:

• Âą28 Flawless gems
  • White Phase Blade ( I will try to socket it next time to get either 3 or 5 sockets)
  • 3 Socket Crown (prepared for 3 perfect Topazes once i get them)
  • 3 Socket Light plate (prepared for 3 perfect Topazes once i get them, unless i find armor with 4 sockets)
  • 4 socket Broadsword and Long Sword ( I will use them for barb or one for sorc I will start probably today)
  • Interesting Grand charm 2-76 loighting dmg (I liked it for some reason :smiley: )
  • 2 socket Bone shield (I will use it for Rhyme once i get Shael)
  • Runes El, Eld, Tir Eth, Ith, Tal ,Ral, Ort, Thul, Amn, Sol, Dol, Io, Lum (still missing Nef lol and some runes i have with more duplicated, 3x Amn, 2x Thul,3x Sol, 2x Io+ more other lower runes)
  • 5 socket ethereal Martel de fer (idk if i can use it for something, i guess not.
  • +9 Maxmim damage jewel (that one was actualy from first playing session i think)
  • Like 11 Jewels, +37% and +32% ED jewels amongst them
  • Rare Blade with lvl 1 Lower Ressit charges
  • Rare amulet 17% MF, +1 offensive auras, 10% FCR, MDR 2, Fire res 24%, +5 mana for level 18
  • +3% Magic find Small charm
  • Magic Amulets +32% and +35% MF
  • Magic Ring +78 Mana, +10% FCR (lvl 29)
  • Magic Amulet +3 Lightning Skills Amulet +25 Life (lvl 45)
  • Magic Amulet +3 Martial Arts, +11 replenish life
  • Magic Light Gauntlests with +22% MF
  • Magic Ring with +113 Mana (amazing for ES sorc )
  • Grand charm +6% MF
  • Magic Amulet +24 damage reduction

Set items:

• Milabrega´s Orb Kite Shield
  • Isenhart´s Case Breast Plate
  • Isenhart´s Horns Full Helm
  • Tancred´s Spine Full Plate Mail
  • Hsaru´s Iron Heel Chain Boots
  • Cathan´s Mesh Chain Mail
  • Isenhart´s Lightbrand Broad Sword (Missing only Shield from Isenhart set now)
  • Death´s Touch War Sword
  • Natalya´s Totem Grym Helm

Unique Items:

• Marrowwalk Boneweave Boots (From Mephisto Hell quest)
  • Endlesshail Double Bow
  • Venom Ward Breast Plate
  • Razor´s Edge Tomahawk (lower kurast Log :slight_smile: )
  • Warlord´s Trust Military Axe
  • Gleamscythe Falchion
  • Stormguild Large Shield
  • Goblin Toe Light Plated Boots [Ethereal]
  • Kinemil´s Awl Giant Sword
  • Kinemil´s Awl Giant Sword [Ethereal]
  • Manald Heal Ring
  • Griswold´s Edge Broad Sword
  • The Tannr Gorerod Pike

Finished Barbarian at level 74. Plan for today is to gain some levels, run some Kurast object runs, respec into Horker and get Cold Sunder Charm with Find item in some public Terror Zone games by scavenging dead elites. Then Making Frozen orb/Blizzard sorc and level her to start farming bosses.

I’d say no. Playing this game off and on for the last 20 years, I never found all uniques, let alone all runes even with all characters combined.

I think not even the D2 zombies YT streamers do really have a full grail and they’re pretty much playing this game as a ‘job’.

1 Like

Going to stream now next session (Part 3)

What is planned for session:

• Some mulling first
  • Leveling Barbarian
  • Do some Kurast objects runs
  • Find Cold sunder charm
  • Start Frozen orb Sorceress

Realistically…no, not even with TZ’s.
To many things that are insanely rare, odds of finding all of them even if running all day every day are just to small.
Though the rune department could become easier (much in comparison) if you would craft up, would be an expensive version of playing, but chances of getting all runes if your willing to even do things like up 2 Jah to 1 Cham would really increase.
But I doubt you would get lucky enough to find every unique in one season.

Yeah it’s all RNG, I found my first Windforce after about 3 days (immediately build a bowazon ofcourse) after finishing Hell when I started online.
Found one more in the next 20+ years XD

I think it’s possible if you could farm p7 solo for 12 hours a day on an optimized S tier build. Easiest way to do that would be to have a sick computer that can multibox 7 clients since you’re not streamer privileged.
Still a pretty good chance you would get hung up on something but it sounds reasonable.

This new rule just turned me off to your thread. When you said you accepted this as a challenge I thought you were going to do SSF, then you allowed to get help from random pub folks so you finish quests due to others finishing them and now you accept items on ground. Lol ok yea real challenge.

The true challenge is finding them all yourself. If you play pub you are now playing with all those “cheaters” from d2jsp, so you are indirectly benefitting from an “unfair trading” system.

2 Likes

My whole idea was that this will be online grail. I only slightly changed my rules in the text of firts post which I posted when I wasnt even conviced to start it yet.

As i said I am playing solo and public games. So why would I not pick up something which dropped from monsters in game I am in? Do you think that with being able to pick up stuff dropped in public games I can easily finish this grail? Just by scavenging? What is the big advantage in that when I have to fight over loot with idk 7 other players?

Cheaters? People really should stop with this namecalling. Just because someone trade on JSP doesnt mean its cheater. I dont like JSP but I would guess that over 90% people there do not cheat. They just simply trade there. Thats all. On my main account I had enigma in 10 days with like 99,5% trades made over discord with other people who found those items on their own, now its month in season. Just because I play in public games, doesnt mean those people cheated their items somehow.

Thats being said, basicly only reason why I currently prefer public games over playing solo is leveling. I hate leveling, its boring as hell so I use public games to level up, not to loot stuff others found, thats just byproduct. My Barb is 87 after doing Baalruns today and some terro zones in public games. so I am probably going for lvl 88 and then I will not play with others anymore and stick to only what I personaly found as I will not play in groups and mostly solo.

Its fine if you dont take is as challenge, I still think it is. Some people already few times offered me some equip, I declined everything. I take only what dropped in games I am in. And I missed Arachnid Mesh from Diablo today lol :slight_smile:

I cant wait to play solo as I can finaly get to farming items to get full loot, not to fight for it with mutliple other people.

I’m gonna go with probably not just not enough time.

There are too many super rare items. You will never find a dweb, griffon, and all that in one ladder season. I was thinking I don’t know I’ve ever found mang songs lesson in the 20 years I’ve played this lol

I’d probably just say how much of a holy grail can you finish? And go for a personal best.

I’ve done all self found mostly and I don’t see it happening

1 Like

Last session was great, I got some Sunder charms and leveled barb in public games to 87. I will probably go for lvl 88 and then start sorceress. I cubed the Phase Blade from previous session and it made 5 sockets. I also found some decent ethereal items for future socketing in cube. I finished my MF gear (helm+armor) and are runnign with 244% MF horking because i respeced into Zerk/horker build finally.

I had some good finds, Stormshield from Upper Kurast object, +14% all res and +13% all res Grand charms and also Gul rune (time 3:07:52 in last streamed video) from object (lower kurast). I had opportunity to get Arachnidmesh from Diablo, but someone was faster than me.

Here is list of stuff I was able to get in last session and at the bottom you can see next part which iI stream now. But I will start by muling stuff first and that will take some time.

Misc:

• Plenty of Flawless gems (will be cubing some GCs once I will get ilvl 91 charms)
  • Grand Charm +13% all resistances
  • Grand Charm +14% all resistances, 5-10 cold damage
  • 4x Cold Sunder charms(75%, 78%, 81%,86%), Poison Sunder charm (81%,88%), Fire Sunder Charm 75% and Physical Sunder charm 10%.
  • 2xWhite Phase Blade
  • 5 Ethereal socket Ghost Spear (probably useless tho?)
  • Bec-De-Corbin Ethereal ( I will try to get 4 sockets in that)
  • 4 socket Poleaxe ( I will use it to make low Insight for sorc)
  • +15 maximum damage jewel
  • Supperior Dusk Shroud 14% ED ( I will keep it for fortitude probably if I will ever make it
  • Jewel +22% ED, +9 maximum damage (lvl 37)
  • Large Charm +5 Strength
  • Gul rune (found it by doing Lower kurast object runs)
  • 4 socket Broad Sword
  • 5 socket Crystal sword for future CTA :rofl:
  • Great Poleaxe Ethereal (will try to add sockets via cube eventualy)
  • White Moarch ( I might use larzuk to make 4 sockets or try cube recipe)

Set Items:

• Tal Tasha´s Lidless Eye Swirling Crystal
  • Milabrega´s Robe Ancient Armor
  • Cathan´s Rule Battle Staff
  • Civerb´s Cudgel Grand Scepter
  • Civerb´s Icon Amulet
  • Cathan´s Seal Ring
  • Sigon´s Visor Great Helm
  • Sigon´s Wrap Plated Belt
  • Sigon´s Sabot Greaves
  • Cleglaw´s Tooth Long Sword
  • Iratha´s Collar Amulet
  • Sander´s Superstition Bone Wand
  • Naj´s Circlet Circlet
  • Tancred´s Skull Bone Helm
  • Berserker´s Hatchet Double Axe

Unique Items:

• Chance Guards Chain Gloves
  • Goldwrap Heavy Belt
  • Blackthorn´s Face Death Mask
  • Kelpie Snare Fuscina
  • Blood Crescent Scimitar
  • String of Ears (horked :smiley: )
  • Darkglow Ring Mail
  • Coif of Glory Helm
  • Demon Limb Tyrant Club
  • Spectral Shard Blade
  • Stormshield Monarch (dropped from Upper Kurast object lol)
  • Hand of Blessed Light Divine Scepter
  • Gore Rider War Boots
  • Butcher´s Pupil Cleaver
  • Demon Machine Chu-Ko-Nu
  • Steelclash Kite Shield
  • Hexfire Shamshir
  • Ripsaw Flamberge
  • Crown of Thieves Grand Crown
  • Guardian Angel Templar Coat
  • Bladebuckle Plated Belt

New stream, playing right now :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5waUwexl9U

I didnt do much last session, a lot of it I was AFK doing some other things(busy with real life stuff). I leveled Barbarian to almost 89 and started sorceress but only managed to get level 11. I have morning now and ther eare no baalruns so I will focus leveling sorceress for now.

I also managed to get 4 sockets into Monarch via Cube recipe and I failed do do 4 sockets into Bec-De-Corbin.

I didnt find much while doing Baalruns, just few things:

Misc:

• 2x Shael
  • Baal Essence

Set Items:

• Angelic Sickle Sabre
  • Isenhart´s Parry Gothic Shield (Isenhart set is completed)
  • Griswold´s Heart Ornate Plate
  • Iratha´s Cord Heavy Belt
  • Iratha´s Cuff Light Gauntlets
  • Milabrega´s Diadem Crown
  • Aldur´s Rhythm Jagged Start

Unique Items:

• Bonesnap Maul
  • The Battlebranch Poleaxe [Ethereal]
  • The Diggler Dirk
  • The Jade Tan Do Kris
  • Hawkmail Scale Mail

New stream, playing right now (Part 5):slight_smile:

So this has become a typical Zax thread that ends up being different than what he argues about and then never ends up getting done anyways. Good stuff.

I usualy have more projects at once, some get finished some not :slight_smile: Depends on time and other factors :).

I have many interesting ideas and get excited fast about them, but later I sometimes change my mind and dont finish them and focus something else instead.

I reconsidered this from multiple reasons, your previous comments, release date of D4, current lack of time as I keep working on my D2R mod still and most importantly there is planned MF tournament from 24.12 I will be participating in(grail). So I would be wasting time to do same thing few weeks before tournament starts.

y’all don’t have him blocked yet? man spews nonsense like no other.