Single player difficulty change issue

I used Google Translate.

Hello. I’m a single-player Diablo 2 player. I’m experiencing some serious issues while playing single-player, so I’d like to ask if you have any solutions.

In single-player Diablo 2, you select a character, press the play button, and select a difficulty. However, since each character has different main difficulties, it’s easy to accidentally click on a difficulty that doesn’t correspond to your character.
The problem is that, unlike online play, single-player maps are fixed, and when you switch to a different difficulty, the terrain changes for the difficulty you were playing. A simple click can result in significant losses.

So, I’ve come up with two improvements. The first is to create a small button next to the Play button to change difficulty, so that unless you intentionally change difficulty using that button, you’ll always be stuck on the same difficulty.
The second is to maintain the terrain for all three difficulties. In this case, I think a terrain reset button could be placed next to each difficulty level, accessible when needed.

I know that Diablo II is primarily played online, so I doubt many people will complain about this minor inconvenience. I also don’t know how much work this change will require. However, I think the current approach of taking a large risk for a small action is problematic.
Thank you for reading.

1 Like

With your character selected, use these keyboard shortcuts:

Step 1:
Press Enter to play.

Step 2: (If multiple difficulties available)
Press R for normal difficulty.
Press N for nightmare difficulty.
Press H for hell difficulty.

1 Like
I didn't know there were keyboard shortcuts. Thank you. This method will definitely reduce my mistakes.
However, my suggestion is that the current situation itself, where you have to select a difficulty every time you play a character, and the terrain resets if you change difficulties, is a huge risk for a single mistake.
If anyone else has made this mistake, please let me know if there are any other solutions.
1 Like

everybody makes such mistakes

: )

To reset single-player maps in Diablo 2: Resurrected every time you exit a game, add the command -resetofflinemaps to the “Additional command line arguments” in the Battle.net launcher. This command forces a new map seed to be generated, preventing the same map from loading repeatedly in offline mode.

This would be a great idea for Single player/off-line folks. If one has more than a single off-line char, then it is easy to forget which difficulty was last played for each char.

1 Like

What I want is the complete opposite.

I want to keep the terrain fixed except when I want it to.

1 Like