Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

I respectfully disagree. I believe the vast majority of the community would welcome the developers to buff a handful of the rarest uniques that represent the lore and nostalgia. This would not harm the game, but rather would breathe new life into the item hunt.

1 Like

Lots of good ideas here, that would take minimal dev time and reinvigorate the item hunt. I think some of them could go even further with power to be honest. Grief and enigma will still rule all.

I just found my first grandfather ever this past season. I’ve found many Lo runes. It just doesn’t sit right that the grandfather is so weak.

3 Likes

What would you’re top 10 be? And do you like the proposed buffs of those?

1 Like

I like how every powerful mage since the first game uses two handed stalves, but the top 3 rarest item in the game is a piece of dog s**** in comparison to lower level gear (shield + orb):

1 Like

Looking at the unique wrist sword Jade Talon, it fits the theme to have both Dragon Talon and Venom, not to mention FBR. What you do guys think?..

Jade Talon
Wrist Sword
Damage: (98-115) To (130-153)
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 105
Required Dexterity: 105
+190-240% Enhanced Damage
+1-2 To Martial Arts (Assassin Only)
+1-2 To Shadow Disciplines (Assassin Only)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
10-15% Mana Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +40-50

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To Dragon Talon (Assassin Only)
    • Add +2 To Venom (Assassin Only)
    • Add +30% Faster Block Rate
1 Like

If we think about Jades, we should directly start looking at all for (including upped Bartuc´s)). And try to differenciate all to set-up specific niches for all?

Bartucs have the fastest base IAS (-30), followed by Firelizard’s (-20) and the two others (-10). And we have to take into consideration the plaque an chaos RWs.

Shadow Killer (-10)
Unique Battle Cestus

Damage: (145-172) To (170-201)
Required Level: 78
Required Strength: 100
Required Dexterity: 100
Weapon Speed: [-10]
(Assassin Only) +170-220% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Freezes Target +2
+10-15 To Mana After Each Kill
33% Chance To Cast Level 8 Frost Nova On Striking
Indestructible
Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired)

I would lover req lvl to 70 and mybe increas lvl 8 Frost nova (death sentry isn´t going to be great since frost shutters corpses). So maybe +3 Blades of ice (Asa only)?

Is IAS needed or more ED?

Bartuc’s Cut-Throat (-30)
Unique Greater Talons

Damage: (77-88) To (137-155)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 79
Required Dexterity: 79
Durability: 69
Weapon Speed: [-30]
(Assassin Only) +150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-50 Damage
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit
+20 To Strength
+20 To Dexterity
+2 To Assassin Skill Levels
+1 To Martial Arts Skills (Assassin Only)

Played Bartucs at my first Asa playthrough. Upped they´ve been ok but not super strong.

Jade Talons (-10)
Unique Wrist Sword

Damage: (98-115) To (130-153)
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 105
Required Dexterity: 105
Durability: 56
Weapon Speed: [-10]
(Assassin Only) +190-240% Enhanced Damage
+1-2 To Martial Arts (Assassin Only)
+1-2 To Shadow Disciplines (Assassin Only)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
10-15% Mana Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +40-50

I guess thats looks decents! But are they now in competition with plaque somehow?

Firelizard’s Talons (-20)
Unique Feral Claws

Damage: (66-81) To (159-196)
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 113
Required Dexterity: 113
Durability: 52
Weapon Speed: [-20]
(Assassin Only)

+200-270% Enhanced Damage
Adds 236-480 Fire Damage
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+1-3 To Martial Arts (Assassin Only)
+1-2 To Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
+1-2 To Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
Fire Resistance +40-70%

Increase Wake of Inferno and Fire to 2-3 each? And change martial art to 2-3 as well (since to many rolls make it hard to find a decent one).

1 Like

@Pezradar

For Season 3, we implore your team to consider the ideas from many members of the community in the OP for buffing a handful of uniques with priortizing lore, nostalgia, and rarity with items such as:

1. Tyrael’s Might - rarest item in the game, named after the Archangel of Justice.
  2. Arkaine’s Valor - ancient hero Arkaine who turned the tide of the Sin War and drove demons back to Burning Hells.
  3. Mang Songs’ Lesson - extremely rare item, having Asian-themed name.
  4. The Grandfather - iconic legendary sword that harkens back to good ole days of Diablo II.
  5. The Cranium Basher - mighty thunder maul of Thor. Enough said.
  6. Azurewrath - created by Tyrael and wielded by Izual during the assault on Hellforge to delay forging of Shadowfang.
  7. Shadowfang - originally part of a quest from pre-release Diablo, where player was tasked to slay demon Fleshdoom and retrieve his demonblade.
  8. Spire of Lazarus - named after Archbishop Lazarus and was an ambassador from the Zakarum Church and advisor to King Leoric.
  9. Schaefer’s Hammer - named after Max and Erich Schaefer, two of the four creators of Diablo and heavily involved in Diablo II development.
  10. Messerschmidt’s Reaver - nostagic axe that prince Aidan used to slay Diablo in classic Diablo.
4 Likes

+1 :slight_smile:
Any comments on the claws?

1 Like

Thought about AV. If it rolles 4 OS it destroys some of the pvp mechanics. Jewelers Armor of the Whale would turn from super expensive to worthless. So it might be better to limit the roll to 2-3 OS? I guess thats the only armor with 4 sockets in discussion. 1-3 should not make a problem at all (since we have some already - e.g Natalyas or Griswolds).

2 Likes

I think your ideas are solid, just need more time to think about claws in general. :grinning:

Sounds good, changed to 2-3 OS as you suggested. I also changed +skills to always roll +2 and finally added +2 to life per clvl to harken back to 1.08 version…

Arkaine’s Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1295-1450
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 165
+150-180% Enhanced Defense
+1-2 To All Skills
+0-49 To Vitality
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Damage Reduced By 10-15

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 2-3 Open Sockets
    • Add +2-198 To Life (+2 Per Clvl)
    • Add +180-210% Enhanced Damage
    • Change All Skills from +1-2 to +2
    • Change Required Level from 85 to 80
    • Change +0-49 To Vitality (+0.5 Per Clvl) to +0-99 To Vitality (+1.0 Per Clvl)

Another very nostalgic item we haven’t really discussed is Windforce. How about change dexterity to what it was in 1.08 version, add twister on striking to fit namesake, and remove pointless heal stamina…

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to (241-547)
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
+250% Enhanced Damage
+3-309 To Max Damage (+3.125 Per Clvl)
20% Increased Attack Speed
6-8% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
+10 To Strength
+5 To Dexterity
Knockback

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 15% To Cast Level 35 Twister On Striking
    • Change Dexterity from +5 to +35
    • Remove Heal Stamina Plus 30%

Hm…that would be something around +600 life for a Barb in the high 90´s (+1 vit = +4 life each level = 4+2 * lvl 99 would be 594 at max. and at lvl 90 still crazy 540 life!). Thats super GG then. Far too much imho. Even with 0.5 each level would be very strong and makes it always a super good armor.

Hi, I like the theme, but WF doesn´t need any buffs imho. If we buff it further it would weaken the changes to the other elites again?

Battle Orders, Heart of the Oak, etc. do not multiply life from +Life/Character Level.

That said, +Life/level seems redundant with the +Vitality/level it already has (which also does not multiply).

hey guy remmeber what I TOLD YOU BEFORE , dont waste your time and hoping you will get dissapinted, here he go now season 4 is coming , you see now , all this topic are just ignore from the dev . enjoy your useless rune word. and continus hoping

Didn´t say anything about BO etc. :slight_smile:

But if, as proposed by CharlesJT, we have +1 to vitality for each level AND +2 to life for each level that makes for a lvl 90 Barb.

• 1.0 to vitaliy * lvl 90 = +90 in vitality what is +360 life
    AND
  • 2 * 90 to life = +180 life

Adds up to 540 life? In combination with 3 OS, +2 Skills, ED etc. etc. thas super dope strong (even + max life from nigma etc. is not applied here)? Or do I get something wrong?

Never had hopes for S3. These changes would need extensive testing and weeks of ptr (since they will not test this at TT/Blizz to this extend). I hope we see some QoL thinks on S3. My wishlist would look like this (for the next 18 month):

• 50 char slot (would love to order by myself)
  • currency tab for Runes, Gems, Keys (10-20 each), and rejuvs (here I take 99)
  • Uniques - as discussed here (would love to get this piece by piece or more class by class, with extensive testing beetween, spread over 3 seasons)
  • Buff A3 Merc a lot and A1 a bit (more dmg and navigation)
  • Lootfilter or options to decreas font size or abbreviations
  • Selling on shared stash tab each season for 5 USD/EUR if you finished ladder on hell with at least one char (keeps revenues up to justify putting effort into it and increases motivation to play ladder)
  • Making Ubers doable for other builds (could not finish those with a lvl 95 full tals orb sorc…
  • Doing more against botting
  • increase AR for each lvl on melee chars
  • utilizeing the still underused skills (at least making them a synergy to justify investing point into it and making new builds possible).
  • seperate charms space in the inventory, or (would be enough for me) one additionals row and collumn in the cube.

Would increase replayability for my by a 100 times…

3 Likes

my mistake there with 3 , i mean season 4 is very obvious i post this around 2 week ago

You’re right. I’ve clearly been awake too long. :sweat_smile:

Interesting is, that they implement new mechanics with the new annouced RW. That leaves hopes, that they are willing to put some extra work into it… :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

To be honest, I’m ok with Arkaine’s Valor being super GG, as it is still worse than Enigma.

That may be, but in my opinion harkens back to 1.08 version and makes it rather unique.

Agreed.

Im with you that AV could be real decent but with this version it would be very imbalanced. How about we combine + life and + vitality to only +life on char level. 2,5 each Lvl for example? That would not crash pvp (I guess)?

1 Like