Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

To be honest, I’m ok with Arkaine’s Valor being super GG, as it is still worse than Enigma.

That may be, but in my opinion harkens back to 1.08 version and makes it rather unique.

Agreed.

Im with you that AV could be real decent but with this version it would be very imbalanced. How about we combine + life and + vitality to only +life on char level. 2,5 each Lvl for example? That would not crash pvp (I guess)?

1 Like

How about scratch +Life and boost Vitality from +0-49 (+0.5 Per Clvl) to +0-148 (+1.5 Per Clvl)? As the Barb gets 4 Life per point in Vitality, that would be +592 Life…

Arkaine’s Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1295-1450
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 165
+150-180% Enhanced Defense
+1-2 To All Skills
+0-49 To Vitality
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Damage Reduced By 10-15

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 2-3 Open Sockets
    • Add +180-210% Enhanced Damage
    • Change All Skills from +1-2 to +2
    • Change Required Level from 85 to 80
    • Change +0-49 To Vitality (+0.5 Per Clvl) to +0-148 To Vitality (+1.5 Per Clvl)

As said, I think thats not balanced (a lvl 90 Barb gets massiv +540 life, a sorc 270). Combined with 3 OS, 2 Skills, massive eDmg and the high Defense, that would wipe a away any jewelers of the whale and most of the other armor options.

Especially the hughe difference in life (and overall to much) is a problem imho. With life per level at lvl 90 with 2.5 each that would be still 225 but for all chars… just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Agreed. I just rounded to +3 life per level for simplicity and removed vitality bonus to be equal for all characters. One last thing to ponder. The 1.08 version had 50% fire resist, do you think that would be appropiate to add? My first thought is it fits the theme of Arkaine taking on burning hells…

Arkaine’s Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1295-1450
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 165
+150-180% Enhanced Defense
+1-2 To All Skills
+0-49 To Vitality
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Damage Reduced By 10-15

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 2-3 Open Sockets
    • Add +3-297 To Life (+3.00 per Clvl)
    • Add +180-210% Enhanced Damage
    • Remove +0-49 To Vitality
    • Change All Skills from +1-2 to +2
    • Change Required Level from 85 to 80

3 OS = 3xUMs or whatever you need. Thats a super GG armor already then! Thats far better then a forti imho.

Just leave it and hope for 50% to be added in some future patches…but we might see some lackluster RW I fear…

1 Like

Damnit. No changes in the current patch (but it´s not bad at all imho). But still hoping! At least they listend to the community and changed some of the RW after sugestions! That lets me hope :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well, renamed thread from Season 3 to Season 4, and hope they consider itemization improvements for 2.7. Lets keep this going.

4 Likes

:rofl: :clap: Thought I was seeing things for a moment.
Well played.

Brother … You should just rename it Season 87 - Calling to Improve Itemization.
Not trying to be a downer, just being real. It’s Blizz after all.
Still hoping, just not expecting.
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

what i told you guy , d2re team just out of touch

that’s why i won’t buy d4. if they can’t get d2r right, why would they d4?

4 Likes

Even if I’m repeating myself again. Won’t give up! :wink:

But besides telling us they won’t listen, what’s your top ten wish list or item class to rework? Tell me plz!

already post , in charlesjt top 10 topic

1 Like

Didn´t notice the other thread. So :+1:

Keep on speaking about it!

1 Like

For Season 4, the developers could take a simplier approach to buff unique weapons by adding new socketing recipes as shown below and separated into two distinct categories- 1H and 2H-Weapons.

With this approach, you could add 3-6 OS to The Grandfather. For example, adding 150-300% ED from ohms is a huge difference and would make uniques more competitive…

Adding Open Sockets 1H-Weapon 2H-Weapon
Unique (normal) +0-1 socket +1-2 sockets
Unique (exceptional) +1-2 sockets +2-4 sockets
Unique (elite) +1-3 sockets +3-6 sockets
Socketing Recipe 1H & 2H-Weapons
Unique (normal) Manald Heal + Eth + Normal Skull
Unique (exceptional) Dwarf Star + Hel + Flawless Skull
Unique (elite) Nature’s Peace + Lem + Perfect Skull
1 Like

I like that idea a lot.

Would you be able to keep rerolling sockets (I assume not)?

If you find a near perfect Grandfather, you would roll the dice to see how many sockets you get, if it’s not max, time to look for a new one.

That adds way more depth to the unique item find game.

1 Like

My thought is you would only get one shot at rolling sockets in the unique. That way finding a GF and rolling 6 OS is like hitting the jackpot. Plus, this adds tremendous value to MFing and adds more depth to the item hunt.

The best part of a streamlined approach to revamping uniques is it would take much less development time and might actually get implemented in a future patch.

1 Like

That could work for set items as well. Making full Sazabis on an A5 more viable as well as BK-set and others.

Should that work on Bows and Orbs as well? Could imagine that an 3 OS Occy (3 cold facets) and an upped (then elite) 6 OS Goldstrike-Bow (e.g. 2 Shael and 4 Ohms/Bers) could be a problem. Not sure where this could cause further imbalances. So would hope they ptr test this class by class. However for axes, mauls and swords I see little to no problems.

Edit: My previous comment on armors was nonsens, since you did only recommend Weapons. So, I haven´t said anything :slight_smile:

Also love the idea to use unique Rings as part of the recipe!

Edit: Some additional but important thoughts on that.

1. I would grant normal 1H-weapons allways 1 OS or would you be able to try that multiple times if only 0 OS would be the result of a first attempt?
  2. Would the receipe apply for the original tier or does an upped exeptional be legit to use the “elite-recipe”?
  3. What about items with an socket limit on the base item? A Wizardspike´s base item ist a Bone Knife. Bone Knifes as a base item can only roll 1 OS. So if you apply an elite recipe it can only roll 1 OS imho (6 OS would cause a slight gfx problem on top). But that would be fine. You could choose if you use a Lazurk quest or the recipe. Both appropriate in terms of the cost to performance imho. Djinn Slayer in a Ataghan (max. 2 OS) would need to roll 1-2 OS then? Or does it get 3 OS even if the Ataghan has a max of 2 OS?

So, that would leed to the following:

Adding Open Sockets 1H-Weapon 2H-Weapon
Unique (normal) +1 socket +1-2 sockets
Unique (exceptional) +1-2 sockets +1-4 sockets **
Unique (elite) +1-3 sockets +1-6 sockets **

** If max. OS on base is <3 (2 for NM) then 1-[max. OS on base] otherwise 3-6 (2-4 for NM)? Something like this.

Socketing Recipe 1H & 2H-Weapons
Unique (normal) Manald Heal + Eth + Normal Skull
Unique (exceptional) Dwarf Star + Hel + Flawless Skull
Unique (elite) Nature’s Peace + Lem + Perfect Skull

If they consider this change, because maybe easier to implement and no problems with the need to reroll items (what could cause dissatisfaction with players which had payed shi*loads of the forbidden currency for a former perfect one) I would welcome this change (better then nothing). Not sure if we have technical issues with affixes an new rolls and if they would have to put al lot of effort in searching the games code for possible problems and bug-sources.

But at the end we can not have both. The proprossed changes in this topic and 6 OS on top of elites. Due to the fact that this would make some now balanced uniques (with the changes proposed above) super good. Even if limited to swords, axes and mauls.

One example as a showcase:

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 10-990 To Attack Rating (+10.0 Per Clvl)
    • Change Life from +80 to +120
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-350%

With the above changes, I´d really like to swing that on a barb. With “only” 6 OS, that would look like this:

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

With 6 OS that could look like this (but keep in mind we proposed 1-3 OS already with the above changes). So some of the below would be on top of our initial proposal already and make the above version in most cases signifianctly better.

2 Shael > 40 IAS
2 Ohm > +100 ED
2 Bers > 40% Crushing Blow
or
6x 15/40 with 90 IAS and 240 ED

The last one would be sick as well, but suuuuper expensive and results maybe an BM in pvp - but I dont play pvp, so I cant evaluate this. Or any combination with Um, Jah, Lo and the above.

Bottom line, if they wont rework uniques I would thake that socket options for sure, but rather would like them to follow our suggestions cautiously over time and introduce every season 2-3 items classes to rework and ptr-test those well in advance (not only 10 days before) of a new season intensivly.

2 Likes

I was playing around with Swordguard, what do you guys think about giving it 2 o-skills, namely Concentrate and Weapon Block as shown below?

Swordguard
Executioner Sword
One-Hand Damage: (64-67) To (108-112)
Two-Hand Damage: (126-131) To (216-224)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 85
Required Dexterity: 55
+170-180% Enhanced Damage
+5-495 Defense (Based On Character Level)
30% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Requirements -50%
All Resistances +10-20
20% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Increased Chance Of Blocking
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+200 Defense vs. Melee

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To Concentrate
    • Add +2 To Weapon Block
    • Change Faster Hit Recovery from 20% to 40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 170-180% to +210-220%
1 Like

yikes…gigantic list…ok i wont put what to add but what should be change//remove since this is just too much

Tyrael…salvation remove(make it too easy for players…and would ruin hardcore challenge)

Arkaine: 3 sockets would be too much…and also make adding some new socketable more difficult to design

Levithan: cap crushing blow to 20%(assuming u didn’t add teleport to any other items further down)…otherwise 15%

…sigh…more knockback hate…Giant skull…how about adding frw to cover the distance quickly and keep KB ?(should fix your issue with KB hating)

steelshade…replenish life is irrelevant but i suppose to respect mods limit amount ?

Dragonscale: Hydra +10–>50…doesn’t get fireball and firebolt synergies anyway

Medusa Gaze: leave slow at 20%…its massively hated in pvp(too powerful) and already very strong in pve

Soul Drainer: no slow effect

Steelrend: remove -30% req…bit less life for power should be the price
Splash—> Cleave 2-3 enemies(80% chance for 2, 50% chance for 3)
Splash is likely going to be too much

Azurewrath: improvements still make it unusable
Phase blade base dmg 33 avg dmg…zerker axe 47.5
zerker can also reach ias bp
ED would have to be at like 1000%
Zerker 47.5 X 1.5(Eth) X 400% = 356.25…
Phase Blade 33 X 1000% = 363
Phade Blades can’t spawn as Ethereal cause they have indestructible
ED multiplify the total weap dmg not the base weap dmg
that would bring it close to Botd performance but still far from Grief

Flamebellow: buff does nothing…still only viable as a fire sorb weap :S

Frostwind
lvl 1 Cold Mastery—>lvl 10(assuming can be buff from + skill from gear to 17)
and even with it i’d be surprise if Artic Blast became even slightly viable
while i said i would not do adding…i’d propose adding 50% FCR on it(so druid can reach the 163% BP)
(remove half Freeze Duration if needed to add that fcr %)

Djinn Slayer: not enough buff to be viable…focus on either fire aspect or physical aspect

Blood Moon: irrelevant buffs…also blood golem as direct + skill > charge

Lightsaber: irrelevant Buff…btw ele dmg on weapons need to be at least in the 2000 average to have any relevance…300 is nothing…even lvl 15 casters can do that much…
and 2000 is still far from the high end sorc ele dmg(26k(fire), 1-50k(light), 13k(cold)

Ghostflame: irrelevant magic dmg just like with lightsaber

wiz spike: wtv

Ethereal Edge: interesting effect but dont think its work with currently available gear

Runemaster: make it double effect(Ber,Lo,Shael,Ohm,Zod

Hellslayer:30% on Attack to cast level 50 Fireball + lvl 50 Fire Mastery
FB would not have meteor and Firebolt dmg nyway

Stormlash: 30% ias---->50%…Static Field lvl 10—>20

Baranar Star:…this is not a vengeance type weap…Vengeance actually scale base on weapon Physical dmg…it dont boost ele dmg thats on gear or charm(which honestly is wrongly explained by the skill)

Horizon Scourge…Tornado proc lvl up to 50…no synergy for it(unless it work alike to Hoj build ? and the skill benefit from a melee druid having tornado synergy ?)…anyway lvl 20 is irrelevant

ok…i’am retiring from reading after mace,hammer and scepter…too much
at least i’am skipping remaining weapons,exceptionnal and normal

new socket recipes…magic weapon actually cap at 2…but for 1-3 socket would be fine for superior

“remove lvl req increase” no…imagine a lvl2 Rixot Keen upgraded to Falcata(elite weapon) and use on a lvl 2…or 400% enhance dmg on a lvl 2 weap would be…absurd(although llds can make more powerfull stuff with jewels)

instead of removing or overkill increase…just set the item equal to either the armor lvl or the hightest ilvl affixes

base weapon dmg: ya-no…exceptionnal +10%…normal +20%…elite 0%
HOWEVER…i would increase max sockets to 3 on 1H Swords//Axes/ for the elites ones and some other weap
Swords
Falcata,Athagan, Elegant Blade, Hydra Edge---->from 2 to 3 socket

Axes
Tomahawk—>2 to 3 sockets

Daggers
Legend Spike—>2 to 3 sockets

Javelins(Elites ones only)—>0 to 1 socket

Scepters
Might Scepter—>2 to 3 sockets

Durability issue…also decrease the speed at which it break by at least 4X

Leaf in Orb no…Tir Ral in a lvl 18 Fireball white Orb with +3 FB is no go…busted for cost

…skipping set section

General…
2H Weapon…3% too much…make it 2% at most

Wizard,Archwizard would be welcome but make it orb too…could not compete vs Fathom…but would be brutally difficulty to find a perfd rare//magic orb wii all desired mods…i yet to even find a +6 skills magic orb after so much gameplay…best found were +5

movement penalty stay…however a reduction to -3% and -6% would be a huge improvement already for pvp and pve(when chasing casters specially)

making Zod do that = botd runeword gone…however you could suggest a cube recipe with Zod instead(as long it dont bump lvl req)

Jewels…no to all of these…would make finding solid mods more difficult…however i have an idea you may like(although i’am slightly tempt with an auto-repair jewel) XD

Unique Jewel: upon inserting in a socket, it add a new socket slot to the item
example…rare armor with 1 socket:…its now 2 socket by adding it in…or
Grand Matron Bow with 3 socket…its now 4 socket after inserting that jewel in
for rare it would raise cap to 3 socket max…and for uniques up to 2 sockets
…obviously it should be something extremely difficult to get…around Jah-Zod rarity
it would also partially solve finding a perf base

EDIT: btw imma work on new rune(2 of them were proposed in the custom runeword thread…but feeling like doing more of them…here what i have so far
EDIT 2: done working on the new runes design(Luz, Nae and Ezan)
NEW RUNES
Alu(lvl 68 req)
Weapon effect: +50 Min dmg + 75 Max dmg
Helm,Armor effect: +5% Lifesteal
Shield Effect: +250% Defense

Czo(lvl 66 req)
Weapon: lvl 5 Meditation
Helm,Armor: +100% Attack Rating
Shield: absorb magic +9%

Luz(lvl Req 91)…ilvl 94
Weapon: +1 to Charge, lvl 10 Vigor
Helm,Armor: Allow Player to pass trough some objects/walls, +30% FCR
Shield: +1 Gravity(force pull all mobs within 15 yard on top of you), +1 Repulsion(knockback all
enemies within 5 yards)

Nae(lvl Req 93)…ilvl 97
Weapon: +3 Teleport, lvl 4 Cleansing
Helm,Armor: +5 Amplify dmg, +5 Lower Resists
Shield: + 3 to Fade

Ezan(lvl Req 95)…ilvl 99…drop rate 0.0000008%(rarer than Zod(0.0000017%))
Effects are only active in Uniques or completed runewords
Weapon: 5% chance to cast Hellfire on Striking(set your surrounding in a Blaze)(25 Yards Range)
5% chance to invoke a Storm disaster when you cast a spell(all enemies take heavy Lightning dmg)
lvl 15 Fanatism
Helm,Armor: lvl 15 Conviction, increase allies skills lvl by +1
Shield: lvl 15 Defiance, if an ally would die, prevent them dying and block dmg they
take for 1 second(ONCE PER GAME)

1 Like