Season 4 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

I can’t speak for PVP, since I haven’t done it in years, and never seriously, but for PVM between Gore Riders and Highlords already having big DS, and getting non-stacking CS from Mastery, it seemed like CB may have more value.

my change give you +30% Faster Run/Walk mean you have np and have the option to get Crushing Blow from Goblin Toe sadly i`m not the dev , btw dead runeword offer 50% Crushing Blow right ? 2 xdead you have 100% Crushing Blow

What about amulets or gloves?
It is Highlords and LoH. End.

How boring is that for melee?

not sure what you mean

what about the 80% too 128 % increase ias too ww, something that ask 80ias before ask now 125 mean 45% more ias where i`m suppose to get this ias ??? increase

this just open option too change gear and put attack rating or other lacking stats to some item , compare now all my gear is stuck with ias on socket with 0 build option , same with the druid

what a noob

I agree with this.

In a real game, any item that was in the top 3 rarest drops in the game would be BIS worthy. It shouldn’t be easily matched by an Occulus and shield which are a lot easier to find.

The trade off should be power vs defense.

This is a good thread because at the very least the devs should be buffing the top 10 - 15 elite uniques to make this ladder season VERY EXCITING!

2 Likes

Sounds good, updated OP accordingly.

We have been discussing and brainstorming potential buffs to uniques for over 4 months now and have compiled alot of good ideas from the community in the thread below. I don’t understand why the devs can’t take a handful of uniques (10 or so) and let us test in the PTR? If it doesn’t work out, they can simply revert the changes. But if the feedback is positive and well received by the community, they could roll the changes into next Season.

1 Like

Agreed. I had the impression pre-launch that the devs would be willing to take more risks because D2R is a live service game. And the thing were talking about here–which is buffing uniques- isn’t even a risk. All of the changes in your thread are completely balanced. They can copy paste all of them and it will only have a positive effect on the game.

They would just need to go over your thread and make simple excel sheet edits to 10 - 20 Elite Uniques. The whole process would take an hour or two and leave a drastic positive impact for years to come.

People will be farming for Mangs Song and Tyreal’s Might FOR HOURS AND DAYS, MONTHS, AND YEARS!

They will also be giving the botters more items to sell, and they can make more money on the accounts they ban.

It’s a win win for everyone.

2 Likes

That was my thought as well. We’ve had the community weigh-in on the proposed changes to uniques and think we have compiled a really solid list. All the developers need to do is implement and it would be such a drastic improvement for the game to have glory returned to such items as Tyrael’s Might, The Grandfather, Mang Songs’ Lesson, etc.

Please help support this effort with your voice here in the PTR feedback thread. Maybe with overwhelming support by the community, they would consider it…

1 Like

one or the other on valor and grandfather cant be running around with both of them on that would be insane
or valor and dual wielding gf’ers oh emmm geeee
honestly all gf really needs is that 40ias that would be enough
for the valor adding 100enhanced damage with always spawning 2 skills would be enough aswell because it does spawn eth it is a good armor eth
but it does need that ed to be a decent armor for melee besides just fort and eth toothrow

also one you did not mention but i will
barb two handers in this game
are the new throw barbs leap attack barbs etc
they literally destroyed an entire build by making it weak af
make steel pillar ethereal with more ed and ias
or ariocs with more ed sockets etc
add more range to spears
idk do something its ridiculus

1 Like

In the thread Calling to Improve Itemization, we have proposed buffs to the following items you referenced…

Arioc’s Needle
Hyperion Spear
Two-Hand Damage: (98-115) To (333-392)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 120
+180-230% Enhanced Damage
+50% Deadly Strike
+394 Poison Damage Over 10 Seconds
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+2-4 To All Skills
Ignore Target’s Defense

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Prevent Monster Heal
    • Add 10-12% Life Stolen Per Hit
    • Change All Skills from +2-4 to +3-5
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 76
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 30% to 50%

Steel Pillar
War Pike
Two-Hand Damage: (102-118) To (551-640)
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 165
Required Dexterity: 106
+210-260% Enhanced Damage
+25% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Target Defense
+25% Increased Attack Speed
+50-80% Enhanced Defense
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add -10% To Enemy Physical Resist
    • Add Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
    • Remove Indestructible
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 25% to 40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 210-260% to 250-300%

Nah you made the grandfather worse, I’m good.

Should be: lose ar bonus and max damage, bump ED up 250-325%, give it a fools mod, it comes eth and indestructible and 2 sockets.

That’s basically what we have proposed for GF (buffed ED, added sockets, added ethereal along w/ CB, bonus to exp, and more life)…

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Change Life from +80 to +120
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-350%

Needs fools mod bruh

Some of these changes would be great. Others don’t really go far enough as far as I’m concerned. Ideally top uniques would rival the most powerful runewords. More variety please!!

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean? Can you please elaborate? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Completely agree. As a conscious effort, we tried to be somewhat conservative, but definitely want the most nostalgic/rare uniques to rival the top runewords.

1 Like

some uniques i would love to see in the game doing insane damage or mob slaying

grandfather make it better

runemaster give it some ias

spirit ward fade sheild barbs want something other than stormshield but the qualities of storm shield block and dr

doombringer and flamebellow

leviathon its almost good make it better

humungous axe its another almost good kinda
make it better

halberds reign give it dr

shako give it teleport

wolfhowl

razors edge

lacverator

i dont care really what they pick but atleast like 5 or a small handful of the really old cross edition items
make em better this is a new edition

or dont ill still play cus i love d2
im super happy with the graphics some the gameplay and drops are little off but really its more than i can ask for coming out so long when we all thought it never would so yeah i love it but make it better

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Season 3 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques:

Fool’s + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)

Someone mentioned above that the GF Sword was OP especially if used in conjunction with (modified)Arkaine’s Valor.
I’d say go crazy with the GF but add a unique caveat: Due to its sheer power this weapon can only be wielded 2h :muscle:

2 Likes

The problem with melee is the lack of flat AR

3 Likes

That’s actually a cool idea. That would be great if the devs could do something like that.

2 Likes

I really like the idea to add Fools mod to GF and can only be wielded 2h, and looks like we can go crazy and add all these buffs and don’t violate the 12 attribute limit as shown below…

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 0.5-49.5 To Max Damage (0.5 Per Clvl)
    • Add 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating (16.5 Per Clvl)
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Change Life from +80 to +120
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-350%
2 Likes