Runes are still too rare

This. Fine as it is. Don’t change the core. :kissing_heart:

I hope not. The game can be played without any super high end runewords. In my opinion it’s by design and just as intended that maybe even at season end only a small fraction of players has some.

Fully agreed :slight_smile:

The most active community in the game is run by botters, hence why d2jsp is so popular. Feeling good about the game right now involves bots into the equation. Without them and having the same drop rates you would be crying crying on the forums because there is nothing of value to trade for.

I think you’re misunderstanding the concept behind what we’re trying to elaborate on. People talk about not changing the core of the game, but in this case the core is built by a bot network. If botting dried up competely tomorrow, it would be near impossible to ever build a high end runeword.

This isn’t to say that I endorse them in any way. In fact, I’d be glad to be rid of them. But for people to say drop rates are fine while secretly trading botters for everything they need is cognitive dissonance. It’s like saying the wow economy is fine when statistics from the last polling data had shown nearly half of the player base buying gold to afford consumes/etc.

Personally I don’t care what they choose I’m just pointing out that the majority of your runes are coming from bots, it’s up to everyone else to decide of they’re fine with that. The same decision was made in wow and apparently blizzard and the playerbase chose bots. This is obvious due to the fact that bans for gold buyers are temporary and not permanent as well as close to half being gold buyers themselves.

I plan to play non ladder after the first ladder season ends anyways so that I can self find everything without relying on trades with bot users. Don’t delude yourself into thinking those runes you traded for are legit though.

The only runes that matter are Jah and Ber. Change my mind.

so just to skip to the end of that- using a sample of 10,000 runs in P8 difficulty doing only lower kurast, it wound up as the equivalent of about 3x jah/ber runes (6x sur, 0x ber, 0x jah), so at least 3000+ runs on average. That tracks with what was expected from other testing I’ve seen, and that’s P8. In P1 its probably like 1/3 of that.

I mean the cow level is clearly far and away the best source for runes and it you compared cows to LK 1:1 it would be like 20x more likely to find a high rune in any given cow run than LK run. But either way, its absolutely prohibitive. The amount of runs you need to find a single rune is like the amount of chaos/baal grinding it takes to hit level 97+

I can change your mind: The only other rune that matters is Sur, because 2x Sur make a Ber!

Not worth cubing Lo’s, of course

So 10k runs on players 8 = enigma! with 6x surs!

I’m gonna guess drop rates will fixed in way! It’s 2021 if people play for a week and so 7-10 hours a day doing what ever farm run after a week and many hours of finding nothing you’ll have a huge drop off in playerbase that will happen you will have people that will farm for 50 hours and find nothing and be like what’s the point ? 16 hours a day to maybe find something??? I’m sure blizzard knows this and the drop rates will be changed! Only the purist will care the rest of will be having fun

People will delete the game before then

hahahaha

I hope people actually pvp with sub par gear. I really think bots are going to clown there way into this though.

I’ll be doing 1000 meph runs with 200-300 MF if I find nothing see yeah (quick switch gear for kill duh)

Your going to see 1000000 of bots day one

Im expecting it honestly.

I’m still gonna hit 25-30 straight hours of meph runs

I guess this could be target of China item farming and selling for money. Maybe it wont happen, but its possible.

Hello Astral??? Got any of that velious gear ?

I doubt it, I hear they have more stringent laws vs gaming in general for kids. Eh, I guess that is just kids. Never mind, this post is garbage.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

That’s fine for non-ladder gameplay I agree. Making god-tier gear in a ladder season will require heavy trading like you’re playing the stock market though and riding on the coat tails of bots. The seasons are too short with such limited drop rates. There will definitely be ladder fatigue from a lot of players.

You don’t even know how many bots will be in D2R yet. Why don’t you just stop making the small number of people who cheat the central pillar of your gaming experience and just learn to enjoy the game. If botters are botting, report them and then forget them, try not to worry yourself over what everyone else is doing all the time.

Yes, but you should get rid of the idea that everyone plays only for high end rws - no one is required to accquire a high end runeword in each ladder. I don’t believe that the devs designed the drop rates in a way that the average player can expect a high end runeword at least until end of each ladder.