Runes are still too rare

Well, in the sense of literally NO gear maybe… But i dont think thats what he ment, how i read it “no gear” is stuff you buy from vendor in 2 minutes and go normal a1-hell baal in less than 10 hours. I mean have you seen speedruns?

It is a very very pointless charade, this call to get drop rates for anything, especially runes, increased, lol.

If the devs are anything like those of us who absolutely enjoy the abysmal drop rates, your requests aren’t going to see the light of day, let alone make it to the ears of those in charge of the loot tables.

Hang it up friends. The drop rates are here to stay.

It’s not false. Every char has beaten the game with zero gear. Some of them are super inefficient tho. I even saw an 8p party beat the ubers naked once.

He just doesnt know what hes talking about… as per usual

This was kinda cute. People are competitive at every game, but as far as competitive games go, D2 is definitely ranked quite low in that regard.

Its not competitive in sense of ranks, but its competitive game in multiplayer, you compete for wealth/gear vs other players to gain economical edge, and since we have FFA loot we need to compete for loot aswell :wink:

NEWS FLASH: No, it isn’t.

MFing isn’t a race, nor is it even a core mechanic of the game. Its literally a made-up term from the players to refer to item hunting. :roll_eyes:

There are videos of it on youtube… lol. :joy:

Also my point wasn’t literally “zero” gear, just meaning you just don’t need ultra end-game gear to be efficient at killing things with any class. Even having mediocre gear will do anyone just fine if they have a decent build.

I compete with myself to farm more efficiently!
puffs out chest with confidence

I get that people seem to play it competitively, I’m just saying as far as truly competitive games go, anyone here is free to add my btag and play SC2 against me anytime, I’ll even let you pick from the current tourney maps. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why back in my day…

I can almost say that and legitimately mean it… lol. I miss my Diamond and Master League 1’s days.

hmm i suppose it’s possible but unlikely that anyone let a valk beat hell for them but i guess there are people with no lives.

Thats your choice, doesnt change the fact you are in constant competition in MP in the sense of economy. Please go ahead and tell me companies dont compete against eachothers :joy:

Yeah though I don’t play often, this is where I hovered, tbh never broke into GM though…probably could if I wanted to forge rush every game…silly :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways back on topic…rune drops any higher than they are would be ridiculous, especially x10 as the OP said…a Pul rune or higher every 5 runes? get outta here with this nonsense.

I’d like to add that this thread’s avatar choice of colors was rather monotone until I started posting… lol.
Anyway, bed time. oyasumi~

Also my point wasn’t literally “zero” gear, just meaning you just don’t need ultra end-game gear to be efficient at killing things with any class. Even having mediocre gear will do anyone just fine if they have a decent build.

Then your point was wrong. To farm efficiently with any class other than sorceress, you need enigma. Without enigma, you’re left with a character who runs the bosses and level 85 areas at a fraction of the speed of sorceresses and enigma non-sorcs. You don’t do ‘fine’, you slog along at a snails pace by comparison. You farm inefficiently. You can still farm, you can still beat the game, you just do so slowly. There are people who enjoy single player PvM experiences running through the game with underequipped characters, but their experience is also completely irrelevant to the question of endgame itemization balance in a competitive economy and PvP scene.

A javazon with enigma and infinity can clear shenk, eldritch, nihlithak and full chaos in less than 2 minutes in an 8 player game, while a trapper running around with vipermagi and insight merc would still be halfway through floor one of the pits.

You still ignored the most important part of any of anyones replies to your thread.

Magic finding is still not competitive and diablo has NEVER been a competitive game beyond XP farming for ladder, which doesn’t need enigma.

and it also won’t be made easier for lazy casuals.

/thread. moving on.

Magic finding is competitive because trading items is economics, which is inherently competitive. Diablo II has always been a competitive game. Competitive MFing for items, competitive dueling, competitive service jobs, competitive ladder experience grinding. If you want to MF efficiently, you need to get a character up and running on a new ladder as fast as possible and start churning out items as early as possible, because the more time that elapses and more people who start farming, the lower item prices become. Because supply goes up and demand goes down. People undercut each others trade prices and the economy eventually bottoms out each season.

This is basic economics. Saying magic finding isn’t competitive is pure nonsense. If I get to hell and start farming mephisto on day 2 of a ladder with a sorceress and trade shakos and eth titans and arachs, I’m going to make many times the value as you would get on day 20 of a ladder with a walking assassin who takes 3-5x as long to cross the durance of hate and tries to sell items nobody wants to buy anymore.

Even thought its rare to find a good rune I think its better to leave the drop rates as they are. It’s because they don’t drop often that they feel valuable when they do drop.

Pindle is gonna be one of best to farm if theres not gonna be game creation limit. Dont need enigma for that, so YOUR point is wrong.

WoW classic did the oldschool progression pace only thing. It works for some people. I think they could capture another group that isn’t willing to play through old raid progression at the old pace with an accelerated pace server as well though. Some people would even just play oldschool WoW PvP without having to progress at all if they could, like a WoW arcade essentially. I think EQ or some other old games have done fast pace servers or something. The game is no longer new, letting people experience it at a faster pace is an option to consider. If they ever do it in D2:R, it would probably make sense in a separate mode the same way faster pace MMO servers are separate from the traditional ones.

PoE’s custom league system is an ARPG example of letting people play differently than the baseline game online on official servers. Perhaps Blizzard could add mod support and host online mods on their own servers in a similar way to how PoE has custom leagues.