Runes are still too rare

I believe more drops occur with more players so unless your kill speed is drastically reduced on players 8, then no. Also superchest doesn’t require a kill speed. Lower kurast spam is a single player staple for acquiring runes necessary for enigma. The map is static and you know exactly where the chests are every game. There was a video posted recently and the guy made his enigma in about 2000 runs by using the p8 command.

Comparatively for legitimate play runes are easy to find on single player.

I’ve been playing over 10k hours and I can tell that the high-runes drops are good as they are. I found a lot in my playtime and could do a lot of high runewords. Dont forget, that they already buffed the rune-drops once before. But new player do not know this. Better droprating will just makes the game faster to “end”.

You will find enough high-runes, trust me :slight_smile:

I wonder how many of them, if any, were around for that one ladder season without bots/dupes for the first few weeks. It was such a difference. Every ladder since then has been flooded in short orders. I imagine that’s how this will shake out with the launch of D2r, we won’t see rune droprates altered until people realize how rare they actually are when they see it (well, don’t see it) themselves

Only if you’re farming countess.

SoOoOo rare that I was able to make a grief and fortitude with 3 ohms left over + several medium runes in a month of ~2 hours a day game play, 4 days a week. SooOoOOo rare…

I think a better solution overall rather than messing with drop rates though would be to include item filters into the game as players can frequently miss high runes even appearing on their screen due to loot saturation. The simple ability to toggle off the appearance of gold, lesser potions, scrolls, and other irrelevant items would be a helpful in not missing the few lottery chance odds that you actually come across the drop itself and not even know it was there.

That way you’re not messing with drop rates players have come to expect, but increase the odds of collecting the runes themselves.

It seems most people are talking about this game as if its a single player game. To these guys, you can do ANYTHING to do the game and they will be just as happy.

Get your FG ready to make any useful end game gear.

I would not consider all items but gold indeed

it’s going to be fun seeing how much HRs and other items will go for in RL money once ladders are released. people won’t trade item for item unless it’s low end trash, no those GG items are going to be on ebay the moment they drop.

Doubt it, in my experience it’s players like me, that just want a challenge, and have never botted, ever.

Most people have played single player, we know what the drop rates are like, it’s great.

Only on the countess.

Edit - Scxe beat me to it, GG

I am against changing drop rates, and I played almost entirely solo self found.

I did play with a group sometimes, but rarely if ever traded for items.

Single player isn’t a good comparison to multi drop rates when you can actively change the drop rates at will with players command.

How about just making your magic find Rate affectrune drop rates?

No hard code to the game, just connect a dot, and make it scale appropriately with magic and rare items.

Like your first 200% magic find is going to affect high runes the most, say 25% easier to find(Getting 200% magic find on melee characters is not that hard) (Since Hrs are so insanely rare, maybe they can scale up more of a slope then items do.)

(This can scale with party games too)

They should be seen more often yes, but i dont want an enigma on day 3.

no they are not rare enough. the more rare the more rewarding it is to get your hands on it.

a big downfall of todays games is that the players get showered in great loot.

NO staph it! we do not need anymore runes…there’s already enough

that! but these days seems like silver platter + all for free is the thing with nextgeneration gamers

I think that could be done pretty similarly to how MF works, instead of increasing the roll odds for item class being chosen, %MF could weight the odds at each recursive roll when runes are downgraded.

If you used the same formula as unique items, [MF * 250 / (MF + 250) ], you could do something like 450% MF = 160% better chance of runes
And then when Rune17 is chosen, instead of having a 1:5171 to drop zod and 5170:5710 to roll Rune16, it would have a 2.6:5172.6 to drop Zod and 5170:5172.6 to roll Rune16, and then at Rune16 same thing increasing from 2:3962 cham and 3:3962 jah to 5.2:3970 cham and 4.8:3970 jah, so on and so on.

That’s just one interesting idea, I don’t necessarily think its the best way to do it, you’d have to calculate out what an appropriate buff to rune drops it is.

they dont realize thats the reason they cant stick to a game longer than 2 months. because they get drowned in everything they want without effort.

no effort → no feeling of reward/accomplishment → no continued drive to play the game

Well insane, ive played this game for 10 years hardcore. That includes both online and single player, and i can tell you, if you think runes are in a great spot, its because you’re used to the online bot market of runes.

I myself, would legit find 2-3 high runes at the most an entire 6 month ladder. the rest i traded for from bots that wipe their buts with them. So if you think theyre good as is, they’re not.

I would agree with no buff if they allow us to stack them Maybe, but till then, yes, they can be upgraded slightly. Sounds like you guys are talking from a past bot land experience.

Because without bots running the economy this time so freely, and people are playing for a month and still havent found a single high rune, and spend an entire day trying to find someone who has already found one and who hasnt already used it on their multiple characters needed for ubers and magic.

Im not even asking for a d3 buff to the drops, im talking edging it out to a reasonable place.