Runes are still too rare

There are quite a lot of areas that can be efficiently run in D2. Chaos being the best, but before you’re decked out The pits or Ancients Tunnels on P3 is amazing for HRs, as well as many others. If you’re not on a sorc, Pindle/Shenk/Eldritch runs can keep the game a bit fresh. No need to run 10000 consecutive runs unless you’re a streamer and need clicks.

Oh my goodness! Stop!! Item rarity is one of the top reasons D2 has been so popular for so long. You cannot and will not get everything D2 has to offer. It’s like buying lottery tickets. You know you’re not going to win…BUT, you definitely won’t win if you don’t play.

Then you’d be sad to learn that EBOTD tmaul is a bad PvM weapon and the best by far is a grief phase blade (2 of them, for BiS), which requires only a comparatively easily acquired Lo rune. Which isn’t nearly as rare as a jah+ber, being only 1/12 of an enigma by way of cubing.

I was 14, I didn’t know or care what the BEST items in the game were. To me that eBOTD thunder maul looked like the most powerful thing in the universe.

Why do you think everyone needs the most powerful gear? You can clear a5 hell reasonably well with rares.

For a WW barb, but it wasn’t even stated what Class/spec he was playing was it? Grief is BiS for a couple PvM builds, but not others. The game is great for its diversity in items.

You appear to be serious. Unfortunately, the truth is that you’re just not good at obtaining runes. I found 5 high runes in about a month of playing in hell difficulty, plus a number of medium runes.

I don’t have the time to answer you point for point, but, the logical options would be either the game is too hard… Which it isn’t… Or you aren’t good enough at it.

I didn’t read most of the 240+ messages but I hope Rune upgrades via Cube was mentioned because you can upgrade all your way to Zod in all modes now (Hel+ was ladder only before).

With that in mind, if you consider that you should farm Countess and maybe the Hellforge quest, you’ll get the runes you want faster than you think and easier to trade too.

There’s no need to change the drop rate if you considers all these factors.

I used to main a frenzy barb, so the weapon was useless to me anyway since it was 2h only.

IIRC he was playing a whirlwind barb.

Being best in slot or not is besides the point though.

Because every character that isn’t a sorceress can’t teleport without enigma and enigma takes a jah+ber, and no character but sorcs can clear a5 hell very well without an enigma.

You do not need enigma to farm reasonably well. Stop it with this.

If you are so desperate for teleport, play a sorc.

Yeah. Grief/Grief isn’t BiS for frenzy either, but you’re right BiS is besides the point, BotD thundermaul is a fun weapon either way.

Who wanted? I don’t care one bit about if they add loot allocation or not, I’m playing solo, since none of the friends I played it years ago is interested in buying the game at least for the current price.
Mixing subjects and you think you are smart or funny or that you know what I want? I don’t think so.
You can farm your bosses or areas as much as you want, I’m not insane enough to do that kind of boring task, cause at that point its no longer a game but a chore, and boring one at that. I have more interesting things to do.

Plenty of chars clear A5 hell just fine without Enigma. They perhaps don’t bossrun as effectively, but perhaps that’s your problem finding runes in the first place, you’re not supposed to just kill bosses, you’re supposed to clear large swaths of enemies. No wonder you can’t find runes, we’ve found the problem.

Why tf did you preorder?

This was covered a few hundred posts ago. If you were to do nothing but classic rush for hellforges, you’d get about 0.176 gul runes per quest, and take at least ~45 man-minutes of time per hellforge whether you’re self-multi-client or doing 8 players in tandem, since humans have some downtime and inefficiency. With 96 guls to make a jah+ber, that’s more than 400 man-hours of work to make an enigma.

kk ty i stand corrected with enough potions and a ridiculous amount of time to waste i guess it is possible.

good u admitted that D2R ain’t ur thing. so rather try to stop ruining it with asking something that u won’t care a bit

I don’t need to farm, I can just play the game the way I want to play.
Not everyone is willing to sink in countless hours into a game, there are other things to see and do.

Oh, well in this context, I agree. Nothing wrong with that. Also, the drop rates shouldn’t be changed for people who play that way, you understand that, correct?

I don’t care about drop rates in the same way you do. Like I’m more worried/interested how much this game will be target of China or overall item farming. There are poor souls out there that will try to buy items for real cash, even thought its not a good trade.