Runes are still too rare

Lol…yeah you were a “mile ahead”, lmao. We were the first team to 70, this is nonsense.

You don’t even realize Pindle can drop every set in the game except ck, you’re a noob that wants runes to drop 10x more…

only problem is that the rarest ones are kinda trash…cham and zod are no where near as useful as ber and jah…

They’re not, but Zod’s still used a fair bit for PvP. Cham is probably the least wanted HR, but still pretty decent on merc, or the occasional Circlet for PvP. It’s not like they’re useless.

I find so many runes I’d say we should be increasing the rarity, not that they’re too rare. They should be rare. Runeword weapons shouldn’t be tossed around like they are in d2 now. Having one should be a jaw drop moment for other players to see, not the standard weaponry. Same thing with uniques and rares. That’s why the were called “UNIQUE”, and “RARE”.

Honestly I guess we can’t blame OP for trying. I do understand people who are pretty new or inexperienced at a game, want to get into it but it’s just time consuming, I get it.

There’s literally no point in trying to get the devs to create an environment where the rune drop rates are so high, it would literally make this game unfun to play.

The first time I played BotW I got smoked by a rock giant, because I wandered too far off with no weapons…did I take to twitter and ask for a mode where rock giants had 1/10 health and damage? no…I just got better at the game.

Just get better at it, Ber runes aren’t nearly that hard to find, I’ve found probably 5-10 in the last year, and I barely play anymore.

So you died to stone taluses in BotW, and you also took nearly twice as long as me to hit level 70 in classic, but you magically found 5-10 jah/ber runes in chaos runs despite barely playing and the fact that it would take thousands or tens of thousands of chaos runs to find that many runes. Because its way easier to lie on the internet than to do math.

Was ahead of you in Classic, but continue.

I will admit my run of Bers/Surs was luckier than usual. I found 2 Surs on Durance 3 within 2 days, and made 2 enigmas within a month.

My rune luck lately really was outside the realm of “normal”, I am just illustrating that it’s not nearly as bad as you’re making it out to be.

Honestly maybe the devs will make an EZ drop mode with 8x the loot and personal loot if people tweet at them enough, I dunno. Good luck though, it’s pretty silly to want 10x the runes in this game…

A Ber or a Jah every 50 runes or so is such a stupid idea I won’t entertain in any longer, seeya.

I am just illustrating that it’s not nearly as bad as you’re making it out to be.

I am making it out to be exactly the odds that the game currently has. And I’m stating the exact droprates. The odds of a {Act 5 (H) H2H C} monster like those in chaos dropping a ber rune is 1:1095823 in P1P1, and 1:479423 in P8P1, and 1:417783 in P8P8. These are astronomical droprates. Killing mobs in chaos, as you have claimed to be how to farm high runes, is never going to net someone 5-10 high runes in a normal lifetime’s worth of Diablo II. Only bots running 24/7 can approach that. Popping seals to kill 100 mobs would still take you on the order of 2000 runs in P1P1 or proportionally less in higher playercount- per rune. Now I’m gonna go out on a limb and figure you didn’t actually do 20,000 chaos runs worth of farming manually.

The problem here is not rune rarity, but overpowered, badly designed, universally useful items.
If anything change, it should first and foremost be those items.

Don’t change droprates imo.

They’re not astronomical at all, they’re quite quantifiable. If they’re so astronomical, why have I found so many Bers/Los/Surs/Vex, etc? Actually I’ve found far more Sur than Vex, lately but that’s just RNG.

When runes17 is rolled, here are the chances.

Zod 5171 5171
Cham 1981 1432
Jah 1321 687
Ber 1475 469
Sur 983 317
Lo 1091 246
Ohm 727 184
Vex 764 148
Gul 509 115
Ist 538 95
Mal 358 75
Um 367 62
Pul 245 50

It is easy to get Runes17 to roll several times an hour, or Dozens a day, even playing in hell areas casually in P1.

You just need to learn how to efficiently farm.

So, heres my averages over the past few ladders I’ve played. I get a Blizzard sorc up to around 90ish, I’ll have a smiter in the works or ready to go, maybe a summon/CE necro. With how the original games botter.lag is, I usually get bored after about 2-3 months in. By the time I get bored and stop playing, I usually have found about 2-3 high runes (Lo to Zod), 12-18 mid-high runes (Mal to Ohm) and numerous below Mal.

My best ever high rune find time period was over a period of two weeks. I found two Bers and one Zod within that time period.

This is playing 1-2 hours a night.

but with respect, you are a ploot advocate, you should know that naturally, drop rate increases will be the very next demand. It would seem like there are alot of people who want changes, so long as it is THEIR change.

You are ridiculous. 5-10 in a lifetime of D2? I literally wrote every HR and elite unique down that I’ve found in the last several months…I found > 1 of every rune except Cham, 1 Cham. The only HR I haven’t found in the last year of farming is Zod.

Not in the last year, no. I also played in Pits, Baal, Pindle, etc.

Yes so you see people, it can be done, if you have the right equipment and knowledge of the game.

no not useless, but my approach is, the rarer an item/rune, the more useful it should be.
cham and zod are one example, tyraels is another, COA is another. COA is much rarer than a shako, especially a good one, and it’s used maybe 20% of the time? less even.
Griffons is a good example of what I think balance should be like. It’s one of the rarest, and best in slot for some of the most popular builds, java and lightsorc

With respect, this continues to be a nonsense strawman.

Yeah, basically all the anti-Ploot people seem to have said they are happy with Shared Stash, so that it self-evidently true.

This was about my average too. It’s easily possible that OP has had really bad RNG, but the numbers don’t bear his theory out. 5-10 HR takes time and effort, but a lifetime of playing D2 for 5-10 HRs is some of the worst RNG or worst farming I’ve ever seen.

CoA is a far superior PvP helm quite often. But yeah, I do think it’s a little silly Zod is so much rarer than a Jah…

It also sucks because for my PvPers I want 2 Zods…lol.

Oh? Well with respect, Tell that to Diablo III, and many other games. I notice how you like to use this bizarre term “strawman”, whenever you encounter a fact you cannot rebuke. I wish I could do that in debates… “hey! That’s a strawman!”