Rise Drop rates

It was a point made in MicroRNA-1507 logic to set his statement in relation.

But drop rates are not the reason people left d2. The whole game concept wasn’t just fitting their interests.

If it was only for drop rates, patch 1.13 would have brought back the people that left because of it. It didn’t. I like the 1.13 drop rates, but you will be geared with high rune eq pretty fast as you no longer lose characters in softcore. And hunting for those perfect rolls on every item won’t keep most players.

1 Like

Not bored. Frustrated.

But mostly new players being frustrated with items not dropping lack understanding of how game and loot system works. Their frustration is not caused by game having bad drop rates. It comes from lack of knowledge how and where and with which build to mf/rune find. I as veteran have no issue to find items or build my char by using what i find.

But mostly current generation of players doest care about learning the game properly to gain knowledge to be better, to find more faster. They will instead go to forum and complain about drop rates…

I had good stuff in two weeks of playing, enigma, cta… If you have game knowledge you will get items fast enough.

Solution is not incresding drops, solution is to come to forum or look elsewhere and ask question and learn from veterans. Most of them will gladly share they tips.

For that reason I work on MF guide i will be posting on this forum. So some people can learn few things how to find items better.

2 Likes

Thats the beauty of it. Not everyone can have it and thats good.

5 Likes

All I see on here is wah, game too hard, wah, I’m jelly you found that super rare item, and I didn’t. Wah. More cries.

1 Like

For a game like Diablo 2, it’s much harder to claw people back into the game once they have left than getting them to stay.

That’s really the beginning though, unless you just want to concentrate on S-tier builds only. I guess it’s also important to state of this is SSF or online play too. I play SSF myself, and being primarily bowazon focused as well, the journey for BiS gear is much longer.

My view is, a perfectly executed implementation of a game would be a balanced game that allows the player to get BiS gear for all players they wish to play during the course of a 3-4 year period. I think for Diablo 2 right now, balance is whack and the BiS gear goal is more like a 10 year task (and most of this time is attributed not to rune drops, but to magic/rare items and charms). I feel like this stretches anyone’s perception of how long someone should be engaged in a single game for. As I said, if there’s anything that needs addressing, it’s attainability of high end magic/rare/crafted items.

Again, this is why it’s important to relate any discussions about the pace of the game to something tangible.

In my mind, this really only makes sense if rare items are best in slot above anything else. They’re not though. Remember I said “to be on par with Windforce”.

People who put the time into the game should be rewarded, and they are. The game is fine.This topic is pointless, most cry baby post rage quit whiny baby post ever.

Of course it is because you have chosen one of the most worst build to find items.

They cant increase drops just because certain characters or build struggle where others dominat. Its issue with character balance, not drop chances.

1 Like

No one has denied this. Try keep up.

2 Likes

I use an entourage of characters to find items for her. She’s just a showcase character that I play for fun and showing others.

Her best-in-slot gear requirements are much, much steeper than your typical sorcs or pallys.

I really don’t think so. Arpg is a niche market and most players rotate their favourite arpg games. If you just move on because of drop rates you would at least check the new patch.

Reality is that arpgs don’t attract the numbers of other genre like mmorpg, fps or mobas. Mostly because it’s pvm and let’s you solo most content. Even if games get hyped, numbers shrink pretty fast and only slightly increase with patches/content/seasons.

D2 kept people coming back without content for years. Don’t forget the technical limitations…

I think drops are well balanced. Maybe a slight adjustment of the base items could be done, but not to much.

2 Likes

I have new bowazon on hardcore, waiting for more levels for Buriza :slight_smile:

Playthrough was painfull slow in comparison to javazon.

Just responding to your original point :slight_smile:

If people rotate back into Diablo 2 again, it won’t because of buffs to drop rates. For me at least, it was about re-living the nostalgia, but it took me more than 15 years to come back.

I don’t play any other games other than the odd Nintendo switch game, so can’t speak to your other comments.

I don’t think the drop rates are horrible, but I wouldn’t feel upset in the slightest if they got buffed slightly.

I’m beginning to think that those making the argument “if drop rates were improved, the game would become more boring” probably have never tried making a top tier bowazon or other melee character before or maybe (for some) even never veered from making a hammerdin or sorc.

After looking through my mules the other week, I was like “oh… I actually have all the runes and gear needed to make a BiS gear hammerdin” which is gear that I just randomly collected but didn’t really take much notice of.

But like I said, drop rates aren’t horrible, but attainability of good magic/rares is, so the solution is to make improvements around this (suggestions made some posts ago above) rather than a blanket drop rate buff.

You can as of 2.4 make an insight bow to cover you between levels 30-45, hurray :smiley:

I did actualy :slight_smile: i still play with 2.4

1 Like

I can absolutely promise you that going from 200 hours of farming to 190 would not stop the complaints about the drop rate.

1 Like

Maybe not, but then if trying to make everyone happy is the utmost importance, you won’t get anything done.

I would suggest otherwise. If you compare the D2 playerbase in 2010 and D2R, the 2010 playerbase knew how to mf better. In 2010, it was more veterans while today there are more new players.

Also, you grossly underestimate the impact of botting/duping flooding the trade market effectively increasing the items in the trade economy.

1 Like

So what. Start with baby steps. A 5% difference should not lead to much complaints from the status quo crowd either. If it does, it shows how unreasonable the status quo position is.

I’m beginning to think that you assume things you don’t know anything about and might not understand the same thing of BiS as I.

But top Tier Bowazon and “slight” increase of droprates don’t really go hand in hand.
Same goes for any top end Melee class. The charms are rare and expensive and the rare weapon tops it all. Also all kinds of circlets, belts and rings…

But now we are talking of gear that needs years to grind for PvP and Trophy hunt. Not really normal gameplay are we?

Then you are very lucky to already have that nice 2/20 amulet and the perfect CoA, godly 2/20/2 circlets and lots of 20/5 scs and 45 life pc skiller. If you now tell me about a cheap PvE Hdin, then this conversation is over.

Define slightly and how often we would have to do slightly before all the crying of “giev moar drops” ends? Slightly doesn’t change a thing, because the people who request higher drop rates are not satisfied with a slight increase as they won’t find things the same they are not finding them now. But those who are already “ok” with the drop rates don’t need the increase either? So tell me, how slightly and what is the goal of it?

we could also do babysteps and buff aura Paly with 5%, it will not lead to much complaints.Right? :wink: