Reminder that strafe does not provide the attack rating bonus

I have posted this in the PTR Bug report forum: Strafe does not provide attack rating that it claims

Just a reminder that this bug still exists and is not fixed.

Here’s a clip from live 2.4: https://gfycat.com/responsiblelikableanole

This is a heavy crossbow that shoots at 6 frames, so the next delay of 4 frames is not interfering. I’ve also hacked a 100% CtC holy bolt item to easily count the hits.

In each strafe series of 10 arrows, 4, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 4, 3 arrows connected. This looks very much like the hit rate of the standard attack at 22%, rather than the 83% of strafe.

12 Likes

For diablo’s sake, this bug has existed for so long I can’t believe they still refuse to fix it…

1 Like

Yikes, unfortunate to see that this made it into the live game.

This bug also applies to all other bow skills with AR% bonuses, it’s not exclusive to Strafe.

I assume you’ve posted this in the Bug Reports forum as well?

Ouch! Yeah this needs to be fixed! :astonished:

I’ve ran strafe bowazon before for giggles and always thought the hit rate was lower than what was reported on the sheet… Never thought much about it, I just kept spraying them arrows! It’s been nerfed for all of this time…

Brings new meaning to “lying character sheet”.

1 Like

This is pretty significant and should be fixed asap.

2 Likes

I’ve tested the damage of strafe and that seems to work, but I’ve been wondering about this as well.

I assume you’re testing without any points in penetrate as well in this test?

you are confusing something

strafe never granted attack rating, it was added as a new thing in 2.4

you probably are referring to other ranged skills not granting attack rating? i have tested that too, there is no such bug in D2R

it does not, i have verified it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiEP-eEFefU&t=3s

you can see the attack rating numbers

no pts in penetrate but it doesn’t even mattter

3 Likes

I see, good to know. Looks like your testing is fairly rigorous, I was going to call you out about the block chance on Fallen but you tested it out on the Zombie as well so good on you. Did you remove their block chance in monstats.txt?

Glad to see that they fixed the AR% bug on those bow skills then, hopefully they fix this new Strafe AR% bug as well.

i didn’t touch the block chance

i don’t have to really, all we have to see is a significantly better hit rate than the regular attack.

1 Like

Yeah I only mentioned block as it’s another RNG factor that needs accounted for, but since you tested it on Zombies that don’t block it’s a good test. :slight_smile:

Oh my bad, you’re right, I was confusing this with the old as dirt AR bug for bow skills. You’re saying that one is fixed? Well, in this case at least, I’m glad to be wrong. Strafe still needs fixing tho.