Queues on a Monday morning?

Yeah I was in game playing heading to Andy. Got kicked and am now 175th in que.

Fun times with blizzard.

2 Likes

I just spent an hour in queue, just to get kicked to offline, then hit online to see “Number 170 in queue”, good times.

1 Like

I feel those good times myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly what I just went through.

1 Like

Blizz needs to just block characters named Hodfasfdkapdapdad on being created, all the lobby’s are is 500 bots per 1 player. Clogging the system up but at this point why bother game dead, blizz dead, soon to be gone off face of earth after lawsuit, maybe EA will buy them up, curse it further with predatory micro transactions and take there place as second most hated company in america.

1 Like

I have been queuing all morning. I get past the load screen queue to just offline. When I click the online tab it puts me in another queue. Then, it fails to authenticate and kicks me back to load screen… for the queue. This has been going on for me for three hours now. I just check back into it every half an hour or so to see.

I actually love this game once you can play it… the in game update is great… but all y’all saying this terrible revolving broken queue implementation is just normal for busy times blah blah old code blah blah (yes, I played it too much back in the day too)… well, y’all are in denial (although obviously I am echoing most responses here). This situation is clearly in desperate urgent significant need of a solution.

3 Likes

I was in the que for 30 minutes. Played for 10 minutes and got the no connection. Now I’m in the que again for 20 minutes…

Just the fact’s ma’am.

Maybe if I post updates whenever I’m out of the game like this it will help me get a streamer server or something. lol

1 Like

Sitting at 30min myself now. It is obviously asians logging on to the US server. I’ve already seen the text in half the games I’ve been in. Hopefully they will add something that can actually detect where you are instead of just selecting a region. But I doubt they will. Now we are just screwed by a massive asian invasion.

Make it region lock and auto ban attempted vpn’s

Please there is no excuse for this.

1 Like

You would have to try a different company. Blizz does not have “streamer” servers or anything else for them. The only thing a streamer can do, if they are in the Influencer program, is talk to the Community Managers. That does not help anything though. There is no switch to flip to skip a queue.

Most just queue before they want to play so by the time they go live they are in. Or some have been playing offline.

Whatever company started this whole give streamers special access crap is terrible. Makes the whole game industry look bad and players suspicious :frowning:

4 Likes

How is it a global connection? If that is the case why is there a selection on the launcher for regions? Makes no sense at all.

I’m kind of disappointed, yesterday I had a 268 queue number and only 197 today…

BIG numbers BIG payout, right?

And… third time trying to get past the queue… wait 45 mins… fail to authenticate. I have literally been trying to get to just the character screen for online play for about 4 hours. I wouldn’t even mind the queue if I could actually get into the game after waiting… and no explanation yet in any blue posts for why, at the end of the ridiculous queue, it so frequently “fails to authenticate”.

1 Like

Position in que…142.
Minutes later…
Position in que…142.
Is it broken?

Clearly the current hardware setup isn’t enough for demand, so will that change to meet demand or remain the same?

1 Like

The Regional servers are not locked like for D2/D3/WoW, etc. The only thing switching regions does for D2R is change the datacenter you connect to - which impacts lag and the list of games you might see.

The game is Global and has a Global database at the top that lets you play the same chars on all data centers and platforms. You can also chat and play with anyone in the world, not just region locked. To make that work, everything feeds into the Global Database. When that database got overwhelmed the game went down totally, everywhere, and on all platforms.

What they are doing right now is limiting connections/data to that database so that it does not go belly up for 4-5 hours a day. They are working on fixing the old database code to handle the vastly increased numbers of players/data generated.

Most of this should be temporary until they get the Global Database fixed.

2 Likes

No. The counter does not refresh much. It goes from 142, to like 50, then IN. They mention that counter not updating in real time in the patch notes.

3 Likes

Ah I see what you are saying, good to know.

Just went through a 180 person Que (about 45 minutes) To drop in character menu. 4 Days till PoE league Launch. GG blizz

1 Like

I just waited in queue for 30 minutes only to get to an empty character selection screen.

1 Like