Queue Times WAY to long (Update: It's now over 5 hours & still haven't played, sitting in Q)

Sitting in que for an hour, and just got bumped 6 spots backward… How do I hold onto my priority in line?

You wouldn’t be making this up or forgetting what the numbers were the last time you looked right?

349 in queue. 30 mins later, 189.

Feeling like when WoW launched and we had those massive queues to get in the game.

AngryDan I’m trying to help in 2 ways.

First bug reporting. Trying to drive the conversation to isolate and clearly log bugs to get the game nice and solid.

Second trying to temper reactions and let people know that things are moving quickly.

I’ve been gaming since before Direct-X on PC. Thousands and thousands of games let alone hours. So it has given me perspective. Just trying to share that.

Cooler heads prevail.

1 Like

Negative. Someone said something about the numbers being somewhat arbitrary. I’m starting to think that’s the case.

374 and haven’t moved in the time it took to help make the bed, and then read all the posts.

YAAAAAY!!! I WIN!!!

Oooooo. 270. Wow, talk about a carnival drop ride thing. (Don’t remember the name)

Maybe Big Brother really is paying attention; as soon as I do chores, I make progress in the Q.

Just had 45 min to play and wanted to farm Baal a little but I forgot about the awesome queue. Didn’t even get 1 run.

An hour and a half. I’M IN YOU!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. 182, now.

Oughta be in the game just in time to leave for our soccer game in 2 hours.

Never realized a 20 year old game could still be so exciting BWAHAHAHAHA.

Obsessed? Who’s obsessed?

I’ll just stop talking, now.

1 Like

I think the reason queue times are so long is because they don’t have lobbies and chat. I’m sure if they put lobbies and chat on consoles it should help with queue times but I’m not a programmer so that is just speculation. If we posted about lobbies and chat it should get fixed faster.

A wise man would call your situation cognitive bias.

If I thought it were random I’d actually question myself first and seek to witness the event again. How humans percieve reality is so flawed and variable.

1 Like

Started queue at 362 . 10 minutes later , still 362.
What can I do about queue not moving on Ps4 ?

1 Like

It’s been a month. Launch problems are not uncommon but it’s been a month. Blizzard’s “fix” is to just wait until traffic dies down because players give up rather than buy new servers. Capitalism in action, always incentivizing corner cutting.

5 Likes

Well it’s technical Shiro but I’ll try to explain it. You wait more.

Being unable to play for 6 hours because of queue times is not okay. This isn’t a game where people play a couple matches and log off. Most people literally farm crap for hours, then leave their character logged in and take a break so they don’t have to wait in queue again, then go at it for another few hours. Queues are fine, when they make sense, but they have to be designed for the type of game it’s for, not just created for the sake of having a queue. Diablo 2 was not designed with a queue system in mind. I just don’t understand how a company that has been around for so damn long and makes so much damn money cannot afford more servers or more stable servers to allow more people to play at once so we don’t have to spend half the day in queue.

3 Likes

It’s not just capacity issues it’s how the local and global servers were interacting with the output of our characters and game creation (If I’m para-phrasing correctly).

This is mentioned in a pinned topic of the console forum.

No its called blizzard is spending as little money as possible to make as much as possible while their stocks tank because their workers and higher ups were exposed as literal rapists so. But this comment will be deleted just watch lol but maybe not they’re too busy rewriting history like Stalin

6 Likes

Also, why can’t they make the Queue position number refresh every couple of minutes instead of having you sit here wondering if it’s even moving?

Because they slapped it together as quickly as possible and they WILL not change it from its current state that’s guaranteed

2 Likes