I played about 12 hours of terror zones

I know my Opinion on it
I submitted it to them
I won’t log back into it unless they add
More to it

It’s dead
Because the people who actually test it
Are done testing it.

It is probably still up because some people go on summer vacation and get out of the house because they have lives outside of D2 so they can still get a chance to try it when they get back.

It’s summer.

They might be adding some hero changes to it as well.

So just relax and be patient, last PTR was up for a while too

1 Like

How long does PTR testing usually go? They should just end it tomorrow and just announce the ladder s2 this is just depressing…

We’re probably looking at two weeks of testing. I’m guessing that we will get some sort of update here in the next day or two, since it’s been almost a week. There’s been very little communication from them regarding the PTR or any of the feedback, which is sadly the norm for Blizzard.

They’re probably cooking up some official blog post, and the Blizzard big wigs are probably revising it at least 100 times in between their board meetings and tee times before posting it.

Maybe tomorrow for a new iteration or at least a communication. As for blog posting, unless they scrap the idea entirely, they’d just use the current blog to scratch out and add in red the updates. Nothing much to do except wait for Blizzard to pass the ball again. A third of the way into Illusion of Gaia myself in the meantime.

Something will need communicated by Friday though, with the long weekend incoming. Something to quell the crazy hopefully; much of the ptr feedback has been more request lists as opposed to actual feedback on the ptr itself.

Well, what feedback is there other than “Yep, more XP, monsters level up with me… Yeah, I’ll level up faster and gain access to items that would otherwise not drop there when terrorized.”

There are other pieces of information that do pertain to the ptr itself. How it was organized to not give a good test of melee, item level display needed which was mentioned, etc. I had thought about adding more feedback myself, but figured I’d wait to see what they did first. Like one thought being, that since these do kind of overshadow the new 85 zones, and might distract from finishing campaign in each difficulty, maybe only allow creating and joining TZ games once the respective difficulty is complete. Sort of a mid buffer difficulty to use for leveling instead of Baal.

If everyone mentions the common themes of issue, that voice is in unison and easier to hear than the scattered cries of more wish lists that have already made their rounds in general discussion.

1 Like

@Shawmeck mentioned a very good point earlier in this thread concerning highly favorable terror zone areas possibly causing spikes in server loads.

Guess you will be taking a timeout.

What’s more interesting is that you, sekscalibur, liked that post. I’m disgusted by both of you

1 Like

i test only 2 maps run ( 2x login different time) , its ok, nothing new so no interest its so so

Ptr without new rune word is like spaghetti without noodle

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know you can turn it off, this is really nice then.

I’ve been testing plenty but I am in private matches. I am seeing how well my characters can handle the zones, trying different budget builds, and seeing solo clearing times.

Why am I doing all that alone? Because the game doesn’t have separated loot and it’s not realistic for me to play with someone when testing Zones when I won’t be farming them with someone. However, if loot were to change to separated loot… I will happily play with 7 other people. It’s how the game should be.

1 Like

It’s been mentioned before somewhere about not making it server based but player based. I’d say it could possibly be worse, with players spamming creating games until they get a favorable zone, especially for their build.

I’m sure they could whip up a quick algorithm that chooses an hourly Terror Zone based on the Blizzard account #.

Idk a lot of people probably just test or play solo. That’s what I did. Then I quit
I don’t want to get burned out on it if I’m doing it hardcore a ladder season

Which also hurts finding zones you want to play in multiplayer, as well as having to see your TZ then create a named lobby. The anni issue is primarily because everyone is making a private game to get an anni. If 800 ppl come to a server for a walk,that is 800 private games. With TZ it’ll probably be only half private, so less games created on server. If the zones are global rather than regional, it won’t affect specific servers as bad

why would anyone care about testing out this patch…its the same exact thing as what we already have, with higher monster lvls…

2 Likes

stay away from the group??

The reality is that there simply isn’t a lot to test for most people without putting in an incredible amount of time into the PTR.

Do Terror Zones active every hour?
Is 1 Terror Zone active every hour??
Do character functions work (movement, skills, combat, spells, etc)?
Is there a visual indicator for monsters in the Terror Zone?
Are there any new major bugs or defects?
Are the highest level items dropping in Terror Zones in hell?
Did Cain get moved to the stash in Harrogath?

It doesn’t take much more than a little over an hour to test those things, and the things that could be tested beyond that, such as getting to level 99, are just not worth the time investment on a PTR.

Perhaps if they had some characters at 95, 96, 97 and 98 with 1/10 XP to go until the next level, it’d be more practical for a short term test. It’d definitely be a lot easier to see the differences. Even just at the levels without 1/10 to go, all we’d have to see is how long it takes to fill 1/10 of the bar.

Hind sight is always 20/20.

3 Likes