(PTR PvP Feedback) About fast hit recovery, wanna roll-back this changes

Because we want diminishing FHR, not immunity from stun

I completely and utterly agree.

Please make it diminishing, NOT IMMUNE. Kind of like you said? This will totally destroy pvp and dumb down the game. It is so simple, just make it DIMINISHING…not immune every few seconds or so.

You are so right!
This patch must be a disaster.
FHR by stun is also irrelevant in PVM.

1 Like

And I want to ask you what you think of my opinion.

my suggestion is to increase the damage of the Bone Spear and lower the damage of the Bone Spirit.
And, Lowering the skill division of bone spirit to 8.
Cause, It’s FHR-induced probability is too high.
And also, don’t ruin the FHR system

And another opinion, down-regulate the paladin charge skill.
If you using charge while the character is walking mode, you can maintain both defense and block rate.
Also, if you use the wheel wind in the direction you are running away, can be damaged by the charge skill.
This is extremely lethal for barbarians and assassins.

1 Like

I think so too, plz stop blizzard

Well, the Bones nec buff was not needed at all indeed. But from what i’ve seen it’s not such a big deal anyway. Necro was top tier and will be even stronger.

Real problem with this patch is Trapsin downgraded from Top tiers to useless.

Fire Auradin are so stupidly overpowered.
Blaze sorc is broken. Sorc runs faster than vigor’d zon. The frw buff should be reworked a little.
Were bear/wolf got a huge nerf (like -100%ias). Source : Druid WW and WB Attack Speed Changes
Whirlwind still not fixed : [2.4 Patch] WW Barbarian is still Bugged & Unplayable - #90 by Razor-1833

And much more…

2 Likes

I somewhat agree with what you said.
The best predator of the best, so any further buffs are a disaster.
Nec has an overwhelming performance against all characters except druids.

I think bone spear, which can only perform by snatching the opposing character, should have a higher chance of triggering FHR than bone spirit.

Well first, i want to say that its nice to see Blizzard showing some direct interest for PvP.
Its even better to see them adressing a undeniable problem with the stun lock. With the remove of WSG, stunlocks reign supprems in tvt and Assassins are currently a little too strong.
However, the planned hit recovery change is just no good. It doesnt “fix” the stunlock problem, it destroy totaly stunlocks.

So yes, it would nerf assassin. Yes, it would make tvt less fustrating

BUT :

Its important to understand Stunlock isnt a tool only used by Assassins or Barbarians in Team vs Team. Its a base mechanic of PvP for almost every classes. When a Necromancer, a Smiter, a Wind Druid or even a Sorceress aggressively chainlock their target, they are expecting Hit Recovery anime to provide a cover for them, to prevent their foes to react easily and to kill them in return. While long stunlock are indeed mostly an Assassins things, short stunlock are used by every classes and promote flashy, aggressive plays.

By removing stunlock, you are promoting defensive play. ES sorc in particular are going to be almost invicible, as their only counterplay currently are stunlock and openwound.

Rather than making the game less frustrating, you are making it unfun and less skilled. There is currently people who are playing diablo 2 pvp non stop since 2006 or so who are planing to quite the game because of that change, and i think its tell a lot.

Rather than nuking down the whole pvp to fix the stunlock problem, i think it would be better to attack the issue with more targeted change. Start by nerfing assassins effectiveness a bit : remove or diminush the capacity of the shadow master to spam mindblast (wont impact pvm in the slightest) and remove the auto aim function of the psy hammer (wont impact pvm either). Also, you already did a step in the good direction by making finishers skills could be blocked and avoided. But dont destroy the core gameplay mechanic that shape a good part of D2 PvP.

Also, I think Blizzard would do good to take some high lvl pvpers as consultants for that sort of change. Those guys played and still play the game for so long, they both love it and know it more than anyone. Having their experience on board could only make things better.

/eddit, soz i kinda did a double post, this one wasnt showing for some reason so i wrote it again later. I’ll leave it as i said slitly different things in my second post

1 Like

Its nice to see blizzard show some direct interest in pvp, but that change is going too far. Yes its going to nerf assassins and yes it will make long stunlock less frustrating in tvt, but its important to understand it changes faaaar more than that.

Stunlock is a base mechanic of PvP for almost every classes. When a Necromancer, a Smiter, a Wind Druid or even a Sorceress aggressively chainlock their target, they are expecting Hit Recovery anime to provide a cover for them, to prevent their foes to react easily and to kill them in return. While long stunlock are indeed mostly an Assassins things, short stunlock are used by every classes and promote flashy, aggressive plays. By nuking stunlock with this change, you are basicaly promoting defensive gameplay, and es sorc in particular. Maybe its make the game a bit less frustrating, but it also makes it 100% less fun, less skilled, and less plaisant to play or to watch.

Instead of destroying d2 pvp as it is now, Blizzard should aim for more carefull, targeted changes. It would also be a great idea to take some top pvpers as consultants. These guys love and know the game more than anyone, and having them on board could only make things go better.

2 Likes

Couldnt they just lower the stun effectiveness for skills only when used on another player in pvp? Should be the smartest solution.

When I first heard ‘diminishing returns’ I was stoked. Maybe it would work like WoW pvp where the first stun is 100% duration, then each successive stun is 1/2 of that, until after 3-4 stuns, you go immune until an internal 10 sec (or something) resets. Rinse repeat. This is a great system that promotes good communication, timing, and coordination either on an individual level or even more so on a team.

That is the change I want and is what diminishing returns means. Diminishing returns DOES NOT mean having a flat chance of failing to stun when using a skill that specifically stuns.

Please do not implement the changes to FHR as they are now and instead approach it like a real definition of ‘diminishing returns’. You have a great example (WoW pvp) to draw from. Come on! Do better!

Blizzard, stop trying to ruin the game that has so many players simply because it hasn’t been ruined by you yet. Seriously. Stop pandering to the “new game must have meta changes” bs hype. D2 was successful for so long because it was just a good game. Don’t ruin it to try and “shake things up”

1 Like

WSG actually required player input aka some semblance of a brain to use.

1 Like

Brain you mean smashing W i guess?

Reaction time you know, kind of an important part of pvp

1 Like

It seems that Blizzard lacks understanding of character lock using the stun system.
There is a specific way to do or avoid lock using stun, and destroying it will break the pvp system.
We don’t just want to play a dps measurement game.

3 Likes

Asian server 1 vs 1 pvpers played the game without using WSG.
Because WSG destroyed the game in a fight between top players.
Character lock using stun can also be avoided without using WSG.
In the old version of D2, 4 vs 4 team pk, WSG was allowed and necromancer ben.

2 Likes

WSG just hitting w is not the right way.
You need to read the timing of your opponent’s attack in advance (the exact distance you can reach with two teleports on the minimap).
It should be w key smash while holding down the skill first.

Anyway, WSG is a thing of the past, and it doesn’t exist anymore.
And we welcome this in Asia server.

2 Likes

yeah, especially not one that involve def spaming and hoping your opponent get killed before you do. That already work like that in some matchup, and they are generally not the fun one…

1 Like

You said you don’t even pvp, you really shouldn’t bother commenting on these topics when you don’t have experience nor participate.

Have you tried to wsg within 3 traps and mb? It actually takes skill to do damage + get out while taking minimal damage. It’s calculated trade-offs.

3 Likes