PoE has zero full immunities and

It is (much more) difficult and much more popular than d2. If you think immunities are what makes hell fun and gives it variety, you don’t understand fundamental game design.

Features and content make a game fun and have more variety. If blizzard loses 10000 “old school hardcore” players but gains 50000 or 100000 new players that like new content features (like terror zones) they’ll take that trade in.

These charms and other things they’re doing signal d2 is about to get more content and get a lot better.

Sorry folks d2 is not going to stay locked in the year 2000 hell . It is going to get modern difficulties and appeal to a much broader player base and, well, that’s great!

35 Likes

press 1 button win the game

6 Likes

Go play poe then.

Zoom zoom awaits you

15 Likes

I’ve played Diablo 2 since it’s original release.

I agree, forget the “oldschool” purists. They’ve got foggy goggles and don’t want to learn anything new because they’ve spent years perfecting the same patch they’ve played on.

Most of these people are absolutely miserable, anyway. There is no making them happy.

23 Likes

I will be more than agree and support of whatever OP mentioned.
why stay in old school. The back end people is putting effort to make this game to have more changes and spice it up rather than boring old school style. Create more variation rather then limited choice. No matter good or bad I don’t think its nice to call people dumb clown or whatever. Its shows your character well.

2 Likes

Agreed. Complete immunities are a terrible mechanic.

16 Likes

Well Blizzard’s number of active users has dropped by almost 50% in the last 5 years, somehow I don’t think they are getting more players than they are losing.
And in some cases it’s not just losing active players, it’s burning bridges aswell.

2 Likes

News flash, POE, and follow me on this for a second… Is a different game!

8 Likes

Immunities are a great feature of the game, but it’s just a part of what makes the D2 the best arpg of all time. PoE is just completely bland and uninteresting for me.
I just wish it was a more even playing field and some harder areas with better rewards for end game.

7 Likes

PoE has been 1 button fest for so long that GGG is literally now making a game called PoE 2 that, as one of main game mechanics, has ability to allow to efficiently use multiple damaging skills in one build.

Removing immunities ecourages one button fest.

3 Likes

I also call PoE gameplay zoom zoom haha

1 Like

another idiotic post who thinks “removing immunties” is the issue we’re all complaining about and not “HOW” they are doing it.

“removing immunties” is fine… HOW they are doing it is so horrifically flawed and broken… its would be laughable if it didn’t COMPLETELY DESTROY game balance

" all your morons think is " oh yay immunites are gone"
i want them gone too

but this is a disaster…

they need to do it RIGHT or not at all

there is a difference between “killing Hitler”. and doing so by blowing up the planet.

yeah Hitler dies either way… but… maybe think about a better solution to achieve this goal

6 Likes

then f off back to p.o.s.

it has done enough damage to d4.

Lol

That’s quite the comparison. Today I learned Diablo 2 and a genocidal sociopath are comparable.

6 Likes

I think you’re confusing stuffed with useless and complex mechanics with difficulty. Lots of nodes and skill gems nobody uses, everyone sticks with the cookie-cutter builds because there’s no point in trying something different.

D2 is here since 2000 and it’s not showing any signs that it is going to die soon. It’s also a paid game. PoE is here for 10 years, and it’s still seen as a D2 knockoff. Plus, it’s free to play.

I have more that 2k hours on PoE, but the last time I played that game was 5 years ago. I don’t feel the slightest desire to touch it again.

2 Likes

well unfortunately its getting harder and harder to provide examples of people that everyone agrees are terrible humans

Steam stats say POE peak is 151k.
Don’t know if that make it for sure popular.
Strange how they have similar numbers to D2R, but the game was made many years after.
Must not be good enough to attract a massive fanbse.

Edit: Even if the game was actually more popular which from what I can tell it isn’t. Attributing it to immunities is dumb AF lol.

Jesus freaking Christ lol

Never have I read something so Lloyd Christmas …lol

3 Likes

If you think Path of Exile is fun: you do not understand fundamental game design.

From their color palate choices to the particle effect vomit all over the screen (looks like a neon sign exploded…) to the out-of-game trade design, that game is subjectively bad in my opinion.

1 Like

If immunities makes or breaks your gameplay for D2 then your opinion is invalid.

1 Like