Ploot is really about

If cheating is still running rampant then they aren’t actually trying. Perfect example is TPPK script, it was around for years and caused wide spread problems. It was a simple fix however blizzard just let it run, most likely to drive people away from legacy D2 and sell more copies of D3. Also ploot does nothing to address botting, which is an actual real issue, unlike ppl crying over not getting enough loot.

2 Likes

And u know that because? Blizz said they might add it. Tourists are a source of income. And consider dino purists are close to dead anyway there is no reason to listen to those.

1 Like

If you are in an 8 player game how are you avoiding ppl? Also, how social is a Baal run really? Are you doing voice chat or something, discussing strategies on how to kill the first baal wave on normal?

Doesnt mean drophacks or controller issues is no issue. Or that d2 multiplayer isnt horrible. Thats just another issue. Again ppl not complaining about not getting enough loot. Ploot wont give u more loot. It just makes the game more Fair and removing the incitament for ppl to hold down alt next to kills instead of actually killing stuff

4 Likes

You just keep moving the goalposts here. One of the most fun things to do before end game is tomb runs for xp. I would like that kind of co-op play at end game too.

3 Likes

And u know that because? Blizz said they might add it.

No. You need to go read what Rod Fergusson actually said. Someone asked him about Personal Loot in D2R and he said it was something they discussed internally. That blew up into speculation, which Rod then said, “Take a deep breath and relax. We’re not doing it.”

2 Likes

There’s plenty of that group play going on end game with chaos and baal runs, it’s just understood that the loot drops are FFA and you may or may not get lucky. Ploot is already available in private games (with friends too) where you have complete control over everything single thing that drops. That is unless of course the game crashes right after something epic drops.

How exactly do you want it to work? Let’s say you are doing baal runs, and baal drops 4 items every time (just to simplify things). There are 8 people in the game. What happens?

Do 8 people get 4 items that only they can use? If they do that, then the economy is completely ruined because you are multiplying the number of drops per game. So we can’t do that.

Ok, so now let’s say we only give out 1 item to 4 people and then 4 other people get nothing. But how doe this work between baal runs? What if i’m unlucky and i end up with 0 drops for 10 games in row. That feels worse, at least the old way i have a chance.

But now if only 4 of the 8 people get 1 item every game, you are going to make it even less likely you ever get the items that you want, because drop rates are already like 1:2k for specific items, now you are talking 1:8k chance of getting the item.

3 Likes

And later on they stated that they will make changes which the community wants. So they changed their mind. Which isnt the first time. They also said no balance changes which they later stated might happen later on. Even streamers changed their mind of ploot after seeing how public games are currently. So yes its possible it will happen. U dont like it? Thats your problem

1 Like

Nail on the head here. There is no way to implement ploot in this game without completely screwing up other aspects of the game.

2 Likes

Its same amount of drops as now. Simply just given to a radom person. Everyone have same chance to get the item

1 Like

Sounds like it’s your problem, still no ploot for you.

5 Likes

And later on they stated that they will make changes which the community wants. So they changed their mind. Which isnt the first time. They also said no balance changes which they later stated might happen later on. Even streamers changed their mind of ploot after seeing how public games are currently. So yes its possible it will happen. U dont like it? Thats your problem

And also said they would not make any changes to the core game.

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

You don’t like it? That’s your problem. There are plenty of modern ARPGs out there with all the features you think you want.

2 Likes

Yeah sure, but it’s a lot nicer to just be able to jump into a game at any time without worrying about the drops. I don’t really do the scheduled playtime with a group of people these days.

1 Like

Instead, it throws hundreds of useless items at you in about a few dozen hours.

The ratio of useless items in D2 seems just about as high as, say, once you start hitting GR100 and the only upgrades you get might be a primal, which are extremely rare, and the upgrade is extremely underwhelming. The only difference is in D2 you can kill a rift boss every 1 to 5 minutes and the item you get is likely a decent upgrade.

1 Like

where was anything mentioned about the game getting ploot?

1 Like

The old classic d2 is out there with no changes. U can go play that

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:

• Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.
  • An epic story told through five distinct acts.
  • Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
  • Updated Battle.net support.
  • Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II

Maybe it will start to sink in if you read it enough.

6 Likes

No need. I understand what it means. U dont seem to. It got remastered. As in it got improved visual and sound. Where does it say its remaster only?

U also left some very important part out:

“… and much more!”

Changes alrdy been made. And the stated that there be more if the community wants. Its called resurrected not remaster only.

The classic gameplay is to kill mobs for loot. Again they dont define what they consider the core. They could add ploot and consider it to still have the classic gameplay. Try read it and understand what is actually written and not what u want to be written.

Where does it say its remaster only?

Changes alrdy been made.

All of the changes they have made were to improve things we were already doing.

The classic gameplay is to kill mobs for loot.

No. The classic gameplay is to kill mobs in hopes of getting loot in a game where the odds are stacked heavily against you.

I will just end this with;

It was never a remake, and was always marketed as a remastered version of the Classic game. You don’t like it? That’s your problem. There are hundreds of thousands of people who have waited 10 years for this to happen. Everything you think you want already exists in modern ARPGs and there are even more of those games on the way. Enjoy this game for what it is, or don’t. The choice is yours.

4 Likes

Agreed… I only play blizz sorc these days because I dont wanna lose all the loots to others… thats gonna sting. If they give us ploot, I’ll play barb in public games…

4 Likes