Ploot is really about

The game creation screen has so much space available under the Item Drop Spacing , might as well add Loot option in there ( Legacy and D2R respectively for FFA and Ploot ) .

If it’s optional you can always opt out of it and not join that open game or open your own game with the Legacy option ( legacy option is already there for a lot of of the features ) .

Just my 2 ists .

The idea of Rod Fergusson, the head of the entire diablo franchise, was to have the added alternative loot allocation system (if ever introduced) to be:

1. Optional
  2. Set at game creation
  3. Require opt in

Presumably, this would be a setting where it can be set and the game auto-filters based on loot allocation system, so that only relevant games are shown in the lobby.

More option won’t hurt , besides all that space left there in the game creation menu - I think we all know it was ment to be filled with something at some point .

Side note i just checked some open games on Nightmare ( yeah imagine baalruns on Hell ? nahh , let’s open another O Shako N Ber game instead ) , one of them had the legacy spacing option the other one had the D2R option enabled . Now let’s take a wild guess how many people actually took their time to check what exactly they are joining - You guessed it . It’s right there with the High runes drop chances = 0,0000000000345 % .

I go one step further that more options are better.

When I saw that tab initially in the accessibility blog post, I figured that would be where they add optional ploot or timed loot option. Certainly, it would make sense.

In hell difficulty public in the lobby, there are very few actual games. Most are trade games. The lobby needs to have filter to segregate at a bare minimum trade game and real games. The scarcity of public multiplayers games can be attributed in part to FFA loot being unpopular for a subset of D2R players. The precise size of that subset is contentious.

Or they can give the clickable gem in lobby a meaning. Its alrdy there after all

It looks like a few changes will be introduced in the next patch and they are looking to evolve D2R. Blizzard states “even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected” after this patch. Some mentioned changes include “balance testing” and “evolving the experience for all players.”

THE PTR & FUTURE UPDATES

In the coming weeks, Diablo II: Resurrected will be launching its first ever Public Test Realm (PTR)—a special realm where we can test balance, bug fixes, and other enhancements we make to the game. We invite all of you to participate, as you’ll have an opportunity to play a crucial role in testing features and evolving the experience for all players. When we get closer, we’ll share more details on how you can gain access to the PTR and trial these changes.

The primary focus of that PTR will be revolved around fixing database issues and stabilizing our online environment. Once we are confident these fixes are in a good place, we’ll share more details on Ladder rank play and even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected.

Our community continues to be instrumental in making this game better, and for that we want to say Thank You. As we continue to update and improve the game, please keep sharing your feedback with us—your collaboration is key to building an incredible Diablo II: Resurrected experience we will all treasure for years to come.

Can’t wait for the " fixes will ruin this game and it’s economy , balance changes are bad "

Meanwhile Bowzons are near extinct and what is a Summoner druid .

Who has complained that fixing the game crashing, server disconnects and making the game stable will ruin it? Just a single post you can reference will do.

He is referring to the recurrent PTRs will be used for testing balance changes among other things. If Blizzard is planning on testing balance changes that most likely means that your plan is to try to make balance changes.

I kept telling people that Blizzard kept discussing balance changes pre-release and I kept hearing the “It is a remaster” counter-argument. We now know who most likely was right in their perception.

2 Likes

First you’ll have to go and explain from the start what chain of events will ruin the game if optional personal loot is added .

But before this you will have to explain have you ever been rushed , given free items to or joined a baal run where a high level character was doing everything for you .

I have already mentioned previously many times my concern for where I see adding ploot ultimately going. Ploot proponents complaint is that FFA is ‘not fair’ and also coming from the ‘not fair’ crowd is changing PvP to consensual, increasing drops rates, implementing bind to account items, removing immunities, etc.

I have two accounts and I rush myself. Also I rush other people including friends and random people I meet in public games. I have not been given free items in a public games however between IRL friends we do give each other things. When I join Baal games its for the purpose of XP and if I’m only leeching XP and not contributing to DPS then I stand off screen from the Baal kill and don’t even attempt to get any loot.

I am actually for rebalancing the skills that are completely ineffective and unused in Hell difficulty so long as they don’t make them more powerful than the current meta builds.

As explained, this is a slippery slope logical fallacy.

1 Like

No, fairness is irrelevant. RNG rolls are not fair either.
It is simply a different way to distribute loot, with less stupid gameplay incentives.

None of those have anything to do with fairness either. Nor should they happen.

So you are leeching at some point in the game , by that logic you’re a leecher yourself as well as the entire playerbase .

Which makes your entire OP point moot not to mention that you again are missing the " optional " when you try to read posts about personal loot .

Now tell me , why should anyone take you seriously at this point ?

1 Like

B.S. they aren’t crying about things not being ‘fair’. Go back and try again.

You said Ploot proponents.

And those other things you build your strawmen around are also not more fair.

1 Like

Try reading my statement a couple more times and it might make more sense, its written in plain english. The operative phrase is “and also coming from the ‘not fair’ crowd”. I lumped them all together because all of them share a common complaint, crying about things not being ‘fair’. For this to be a strawman argument that means that people all over the forums wouldn’t be crying about PvP, drop rates etc. But guess what, they are.

So what does it say to you that FFA proponents are among those that “are crying” for increased drop rates, consensual PvP, etc…?

Just more people crying about things not being fair.

Please link. /20 char