Please Nerf Spirit, Grief & Enigma

if u like the game harder, why not just play around naked in hell chaos. That takes plenty of skills for u purists. While we casuals just want the game ez. Nerfing spirit would destroy the game for casuals. And if Nigma needs a nerf it needs to be made with cheaper runes. Grief is fine the way it is.

I think nerfing Grief, Enigma and Spirit runewords would be a huge step in the right direction. This would expand player choice and improve build diversity. There are plenty of uniques and rare items in the game that offer players enough power to complete hell.

3 Likes

yea and those stuff are hard to find nty and not as good too.

You want to force players to play something else for your own entertainment.
Nobody is forcing you to play with Enigma, Grief or Spirit. If you enjoy a challenging game, play hardcore.
Stop trying to make a case that this proposed nerf would improve anything. Nerfing would reduce options, not add more. All current options already exist. Removing one option just removes one, it doesn’t add anything.

You are being very selfish by wishing to force your own fantasy onto everyone enjoying it the way the game currently is, all for your own entertainment. If you can’t realize that, then you’re opinion is not welcomed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call your suggestions good or healthy for the game. But your right his reply to you was completely unacceptable. I flagged it.

The “nerf army” wont stop whining until every build is completely unplayable unless u play sorceress im afraid. they are too ignorant to understand that this would actually be the end of this game. I dont think they really realise that Blizzard probably would stop supporting the game if the playerbase starts to drop to a point where they are the only ones left

3 Likes

Enigma is OP because of teleport. If you make enigma less attractive to use, then more people would drift to sorcs for MF/general game play…

Instead, teleport should no longer be made a 1 point wonder skill and enigma BUFFED to have a +1-3 teleport range.

1 Like

It would never improve build diversity u will just see even more players playing sorceress. U really think that nerfing the only options to even the gap between sorc and the other classes would be the way to go??? even a 12 year old kid can figure out whats going to happen then. Nerfing grief will only make even less people play melee. Nerfing Enigma like removing teleport or even putting cd on it will increase the number of sorceress players and reduce the overall playerbase by alot.

3 Likes

absolutely 1000% NO on nerfing grief. casters are sooo advantaged in this game it’s unreal, now you want to take away the only good melee weapon?? it’s like you’ve been playing another game all this time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The problem with Grief is that its to good and to easy to get. And by that, i mean its much easier to come first than second or third. Grief should be JAH BER BER BER BER JAH JAH JAH SUR SUR ZOD ZOD ZOD. Thats how good it is. It should have a minimum level requirement of 98, because its just that good.

Since we are definitely getting new content, now is absolutely the time to fix problems of old. A rebalance, a tweaked mechanic, a team of dedicated top of their field devs.

1 Like

Stupid idea.

Also Blizzard cannot change existing items, so already created would just be much better atleast in Non ladder.
So if you want to screw ladder players be my guest I dont play it anyway.

Now Enigma is end-game armor. It is perfectly fine as it is goal for many builds.
Spirit is great item for caster progression in sword and Monarch is late game basically, unless you are pally. But it is fine anyway. There other shields being used still and for most builds 35 fcr is needed to hit proper breakpoints.

And grief, so what if it best weapon lol ? Some weapon will always be best right now its grief. Still other are being used like Beast/Doom, HOJ or BOTD so moot point.

1 Like

There is no problem with Grief. Nerf grief and noone play melee except a few purists. They are the real problem here and if they were to decide this game would die cause they would be the only ones left. If this game is to survive it has to evolve cause there is simply to many other great games similar to d2

2 Likes

yes, thank you for this. if they nerf grief or enigma i will personally simply quit playing. and i don’t think i will be alone.

2 Likes

Nope i will be the first to quit with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instead of nerfing Grief, why don’t we buff Grief by making its +damage work for everything in the game. Hydras nerfed back to irrelevancy? Grief! Kicksin struggling even with best boots? Grief!

All of the three Shapeshifter Druids complaining? Screw it, give 'em a Grief!

I know what you want, Amazons. You want Impale to be good. How about a nice Grief in these trying times?

Everyone else is already using Grief. You can use it too.

Price it out of the market for everyone. Lo runes now cost 2 Ber and a Jah 'cause EVERYONE is using them. Let the economy burn!

Grief is just a band-aid to make some physical classes useable. It’s a problem in itself because it’s just covering up the main problem, which is the huge reliance of physical classes on weapons, weapons that have too huge of a range in damage values. A physical damage classes can change a weapon and suddenly be doing 500% additional damage. This basically makes melee fighters too reliant on having the best in slot weapon, which at this point is Grief.

My suggestion: Double the base damage of exceptional weapons and triple the base damage of elite weapons, then greatly tone down any modifiers that grant %enhanced physical damage. This will make physical classes playable without needing the best weapons in the game because even the worst “white” elite weapons will effectively have 200% enhanced damage.

Also, reduce the physical resistance of enemies in Hell mode a bit.

4 Likes

Actually, nerfing these 3 items would be healthy for the game. Engima makes the game too homogenized, spirit is a broken and overly cheap and easy to obtain runeword that hyperscales casters when they are already too strong, and grief is just a mandatory for a lot of builds and other items should be brought up to viability.

3 Likes

Very bad if not realy stupid idea to start demanding that things should be nerved …

1 Like

I think teleport should be able to work in shapeshift form for druid

1 Like

I disagree, Enigma makes the game very varied to me. It allows many more builds than it would be without it. And it still costs a Jah and a Ber, two of the toughest/most in demand runes.

2 Likes