Please Nerf Spirit, Grief & Enigma

Everyone’s answer is always nerf something, not bring under performing items up to a balanced point but nerf nerf nerf… particularly if they don’t use it.

8 Likes

It’s much easier for the developers to nerf the top 3 runewords as opposed to buffing hundreds of unique items. Nerfing overpowered items is good for the game and gives players more choice. Buffing hundreds of unique items would be a disaster as that would introduce tremendous power creep.

4 Likes

Maybe just make the +skills variable: from 1 to 2 +skills? This way, the chances of rolling a perfect +2 skills, 35% FCR spirit are harder early on, so other items stay relevant for a little bit longer?

Adds more RNG to the game , but it’s a soft nerf, rather than a hard nerf… Community can probably absorb a change like that easier?

I’d prefer rather than nerfing enigma, they just add new items/runewords that provide mobility to compete against enigma…

E.g. if other characters can access skills like charge, vigour, leap, burst of speed, dragon talon etc, the necessity for Enigma would be reduced… You could wear fortitude or chains of honor and still run around pretty quick?

Community will always be less happy with nerfs - you are making items that people have spent hundreds or thousands of hours trying to obtain (or maybe even spending real money). You will make these people very unhappy…

Much better to balance the game by buffing/adding new items to compensate for the problems we are facing now, then add a new difficulty level above Hell difficulty later to deal with the power creep and encourage more team-game play again! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Ohhh add charge to Fortitude… (and let druids use it while Shapeshifted(assuming druids are even playable in 2.4)). I support that change.

3 Likes

Give all those armors like Black Hades, Steel Carapace, G-Bane, Valor, Lev, Tyreals some sort of added effects like, Auras, cast on hit spells/curses, cast on attack, cast when struck, +to specific skill (class only or not). Then maybe unique armors would be consideration lol.

2 Likes

Yesssss :slight_smile:

These sorts of changes would make Enigma less “mandatory”. Sprinkle other mobility options into the game, and Enigma will be much less overpowered…

Other people in the forum have suggested that Tearhaunch boots (+2 vigor paladin only) and Gorefoot boots (+2 leap barbarian only) could be changed to 0 skills so that any class can use those skills… These kind of changes would make Enigma less important/necessary…

Imagine if there were a set of different unique boots in the game that gave 0-skills to leap, vigor, charge, dragon flight and other mobility skills… All character classes could get access to high mobility skills early in ladder, and we would not all need to use sorceress at start of ladder :partying_face:

4 Likes

Spirit must be nerfed to at least +1 to all skills. It is SO boring.
There are like 20 to 30 unique and set shields in the game. Yet, there is one tiny little runeword, sooooo cheap, and it is basically end gear for almost everyone except max block builds, which are quite rare.

Grief must be nerfed yes, but on the other hand, many Uniques must be buffed a lot because melee classes are ultra weak.

The same is true for armors. Unique armors liky Tyraels and Co cannot compete at all. We will follow this path and in the end, you will not even collect uniques any longer, just runes, because all items are worthless and useless, just like in Diablo3.

3 Likes

Spirit is not the best, except maybe for a cookie-cutter Sorc. Javazons want JMoDs, Necros have good heads. Even Sorc has builds that don’t use Spirit (like Enchantress or Immortal).

Enigma is fine the way it is. it adds mobility to classes that otherwise would not have much. The rune requirement for it is high and it takes time and effort to obtain. Grief and Spirit I do have mixed feelings about. But rather than nerf those, I agree with others here that many of the low drop rate Unique could use a serious buff. Like The Grandfather… I do feel that nerfing is not the way to go. Imagine finally getting the Jah or Ber rune to make Enigma only to find its useless? if they nerf ANY runeword then they need to add a Cube recipe to separate the runes from the Items without destroying the runes

1 Like

Nerf this nerf that… make the fun go away. Troll post.

7 Likes

I always felt it was super weird that Enigma had teleport AND frw while Chains of Honor had neither and that was a “competing armor” for end game. Removing frw from Enigma and slapping it on CoH would be more than fair in my opinion.

4 Likes

Oh yes pleaaaase, let’s do that. Melee characters are so strong right now, casters are fighting to kill mobs first online, it’s always melee characters first everywhere being so fast and strong. Melee characters just have it waaaay too easy. Clearly we need to nerf the only weapon that actually gives even more of a small advantage. Let’s not buff anything else, it could make them way overpowered.

/s

So the purpose of 2.4 should be to destroy the meta and have a new meta in its place. Then each ladder till they don’t wan to add new items to the ladder as ladder only then that meta with the builds and BiS rune words would be the only meta that would stand for 20+ years.

But doing that will just move the goalpost and create a new meta. It doesn’t solve the issue with balance nor introduce new viable builds. It would be copying D3’s idea of seasons. Where their seasonal theme benefits one build more than the rest. There was one theme that benefited necromancers because we were allowed to equip more than the normal three items in the cube. With the extra ring they could choose another ring which buffed their damage. This current season benefits the monk more.

I hope they never listen to the QQ here…this game will be unplayable. :rofl:

3 Likes

Spirit wouldn’t be so vastly used without strength bonus on enigma

Actually nice idea, +1.

Rare items used to be good.

2 Likes

Remore TP from Enigma and add to torch !! i like that idea
Or just remove TP all together, the game is more about how fast to can skip mobs then kill mobs, honestly not what i’m looking for in a game. Try a ladder with no TP for the lolz

Sure nerf Grief, when every melee hit does 25% splash dmg of main hit dmg

Change Spirite to lvl 66 or higher, so many nice leveling items are dead atm.

Love it. Bin the lot of em.

Those ones which have already been made on non ladder wont disappear anyway.

1 Like