Please Nerf Spirit, Grief & Enigma

Not inconceivable at all, but over the years everybody complaining about the topic I asked about his background was poor item wise. Maybe 20, 30 people. “Peasant” was your choice of words btw.

How your playstyle has been in the past and how it is now, just to get some context to your opinion. I’d also be curious to hear how “adressing” Enigma would reinforce group play. Quite sceptical about this.

promote group play.

Teleporting around with an insane dmg and crazy defense character isn’t unbalanced for pvp? Adding a cooldown to that teleport skill would balance it. just create a new skill to not confuse it with teleport.

What about call to arm? it is a everyone must have in the game, no matter u are melee or caster.

Just nerf hammers then. If you nerf teleport it’s across the board. It doesn’t change the relative power of hammers compared with other builds, since every build is basically getting the same nerf. If you nerf hammers then only hammerdins are getting weaker while every other build stays the same.

Please Blizzard, don’t nerf anything, ever.

Instead of nerfing enigma, make teleport staffs, circlets and amulets spawn more often, with more charges and lesser repair costs. Maybe add more items with teleport charges like wands (1 hand weapons in general). Also you could make runewords like harmony viable on more weapons so more characters and/or mercs can have a vigor aura.

Do people realize just how much you would have to buff other weapons to even be in the same league as Grief? +400 damage is OUTRAGEOUSLY good on one-handers. On a Phase Blade it’s about equivalent to +1200% Enhanced Damage. Is that what you want to do then? Start handing out +1200% ED modifiers?

And that’s just the beginning of what makes Grief so good. 40% IAS, -25% target defense vs bosses, ignore defense vs everything else, up to 185% damage vs demons, 20% Deadly Strike, +15 life & +2 mana on kill. The only thing it’s missing is crushing blow which you can easily pick up on other items.

It’s just difficult to imagine what sort of modifiers you could add that would make something on par or better than a Grief. The only thing I can think of is something like Breath of the Dying with 30% chance to cast level 20 Amplify Damage on striking.

I’d argue grief is necessary for any warrior and zealot to play P8. I’d almost say decrease the two hand as 1 hand penalty or buff some other rune words. If a paladin zealot didn’t have grief his physical dmg would be like :
33 phase blade * 300% enhanced rune word dmg = 132 dmg * 900-1200% enhanced dmg = 1320 - 1716 dmg per swing. He would never fricken kill anything. It would tank 2 x 5 zeal swing to kill a 85 mob in P1 mode.

I’d say it would be nice have more 1 hand rune words with +100-200 base dmg or other modifiers. Like a crushing blow weapon with a bit of flat + dmg. No one wants to use death since by the time a mob gets to 50% your dmg declines too much.

Enigma : Why? It is a brutally expensive item. It can be good. I would say it would be better to have 1 other item non chest in the game with teleport to diversify builds.

Spirit: problem isn’t with spirt (except may be the low level req). The problem is that standard uniques suck since they weren’t updated after synergies and rune words were added. They should almost make a 2-3 socket rune word similar to rhyme with +1 skills and like 8% dmg reduction. Promote build diversity more.

Just remove teleport from enigma and put it into a unique charm that adds some life and mana as well. It could be put into a grand charm so that it takes up more inventory space and makes people have to choose between gheeds or tele charm. Or even putting it into a small or large charm so everyone will have to choose whether they want to use tele or have the bonuses from an anni or torch.

Hell, it could be a new size that takes up the same space as the cube. Also make it part of a quest to obtain, like the anni and torch = more end game content, difficult to obtain. The quest maybe only has a chance to drop the item even, so not everyone is running around with teleport anymore.

Besides this, I wouldn’t want to see nerfs to anything else. Instead more buffs to sets, uniques, and bringing other skills in par with hammers and lightning fury, etc. Maybe adding some of the crossover skills like we have for runewords to uniques and sets.

Edit - oh ya, please restore the amazon to 1.09 levels of awesome. Bring back GA pierce! It only needs to pierce like 1 or 2 times. Block it from piercing in PVP only so they don’t have a brain aneurysm.

To be honest i do agree on many of ur topics there are some things in this topic that seems a bit off :slight_smile: mainly the grief. As many of us older players from back in the days know very well, even with a grief a melee char cant compete with a caster in speed. Seems to me like its not the grief that is the problem or OP in any way but the fact that all other melee weapon options are to weak. As for the enigma i dont mind removing the FRW and maybe adding the run walk to some of the more melee oriented armors as long as the teleport stays. Enigma is currently the only item capable of closing the gap between sorc and all other classes when it comes to speed and mobility. removing tp or even putting a cd on this will increase the gap and we will have a 99% sorc ladder. As for the spirit shield i really dont care much as it will hurt the sorc just as much as other classes and i rarely use it for anything but leveling and offhand buffing with cta since i play mostly melee classes anyway. That being said u probably would see even more sorcs with Obsession runewords instead so it might just hurt the already weaker caster classes and increase the gap vs sorc even more

I still think Grief should be taken down a notch, while strongly supporting buffing unique weapons, such as The Grandfather (please see PTR thread below for discussion).

I think the best nerf for Enigma is to not impact the flavor, which is mobility. So teleport and FRW should not be touched. However, the strength bonus is superfluous and should be removed.

For Spirit, set to +1 to skills down from +2 and let other items shine. Simple, yet effective.

Please Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

1 Like

Agree :slight_smile: wont mind strength removed from eni either. Still think it would be better to balance all the other melee weapons (like Grandfather) so they can compete with grief than nerfing grief itself. Melee are still slower than casters even with grief. As for spirit well +1 is fine for me either this or increase rune cost

Btw new patch notes are up :slight_smile: definitely changing treachery for hustle now for leveling

1 Like

Agreed. Hustle looks pretty solid now.

1 Like

Can we please leave teleport on enigma alone?
This is the reason why we can play something else than sorcress. Problem with enigma is that even without teleport it would be super strong. So if you want to fix enigma remove some other affix/affixes not teleport.

Teleport was left alone. Did you even read OP? It’s suggesting to remove the crazy strength bonus on Enigma, which is superfluous.

Teleport was left alone. Did you even read OP? It’s suggesting to remove the crazy strength bonus on Enigma, which is superfluous.

I was rather typing about some other posts here. There are 150 already. There are people who think teleport is the problem of enigma.

1 Like

Not exactly. Most of the unique shields are junk with or without Spirit.

1 Like

Ah, my apology. Sounds like we agree. I’m cool with teleport on enigma, just don’t like the absurb strength bonus.

I prefer not, unless they make another runeword but more expensive that gives + 2 all skills

and increase Exceptional base damage by 50 and Elite base damage by 100

why not

Ah, my apology. Sounds like we agree. I’m cool with teleport on enigma, just don’t like the absurb strength bonus.

Yup the problem of this armor is that it would still be insanely strong even if teleport was removed.

1 Like