Please Fix Chat

I don’t think they know how

1 Like

This is too much to ask, apparently. But I’m happy we have a game search box. That was the most critical.

I think whoever implemented the current system doesn’t know how. Don’t let their cost-cutting fool you, Blizzard has access to people who could solve these issues over a lunch break.

It’s not.

It might have something to do with the Battle.net client integration. All the chat and friends lists works also with the battle.net client. Due to the framework requirements some things may or may not be possible in its current state. This is the only reasoning I can come up with.

Honestly, the basic chat features of two decades ago are far better than any bnet client integration. I would prefer that they scrap that advertising hub all together and allow me to launch d2r without it. There is a workaround for SC2, perhaps there is one for D2R as well.

It’s shameful that the chat system in the original game was far superior to a game released in 2020.

This. Whoever implemented the current system is a scourge to your company and should be fired. Not joking, this crucial module is currently complete garbage and has done immeasurable damage to an otherwise great title. Fire them, fix this. Please.

I miss old channel for example deu1-4
Trade 1-5 etc
Ingame chat was easier etc

1 Like

Exactly; back when channels had a purpose other than forcing an unblockable avenue for RMT site bots to spam you. Clans, runs, etc. Now it’s just RMT advertising that you can’t remove.

honestly, this is what i quit playing d2:R

im not even kidding, i use to make most of my freind and have the most fun helping people out… giving away stuff in chat.
i can do none of that…

we cant even freaking TYPE WHEN DEAD.

i cannot upvote this thread enough…

this is BY FAR the biggest issue in d2:R at the moment.

1 Like

Friendly reminder that this product is still in pre-alpha.

One of the few posts that I 100% agree with on here … OP hit the nail directly on the head. I totally concur.

even though its only been 2 posts since my last post, its been 8 months, so i want to reiterate… this is still the biggest issue in d2:R

1 Like

++

Why won’t neo-buzzard take this low hanging fruit?

Cause that would take time and money away from Blizzard’s cash cows.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/900949574095634512/1136126126637453403/image.png

Reminder: Chat is still pre-alpha levels of broken and regularly fails to deliver in-game messages. RMT Spam bots seem to have no problems though :roll_eyes: . Pure disgust.

1 Like

yeah also responding again so this gets more visibility.

just allow us to block the spam bots… thats all i want
i mean id love for you to tackle the actual bots too, but i understand that would take actual time and money.
but FFS just give us the same damn chat filter you put in LOD and give us an unlimited block list… this is isn’t exactly difficult.
i don’t quit a few weeks into each season because items value are ruined. ( although it be nice of they wern’t)
i quit because i cant find a person to play with…
BECAUSE WE LACK LOBBY BASIC COMMUNICATION.

just give me this. give us back our lobby, give us communication…

Fixing chat, or any of the other problems this game has requires Blizzard to care about this game… With the chat/lobby issues being around as long as they have serves as a good measurement of how much they care about this game.

D2:R was the worm on the hook to bait the older generation gamers into buying Diablo 4. That worm has long since been eaten or has drowned.

The broken chat is pretty sucky. When I enter a trade game and post in game asking if they still have the item or still need an item, and get no response, I leave. We both miss out.

This happens more than I’d care to admit.

But I guess they don’t care about legit in game trading and I am starting to get suspicious of how over the past year maybe 5 spambots on my ignore list were banned when I last reset it.

It’s almost like they get paid for allowing bots in d2r.

Maybe this ladder they spent the time doing the minimum basic work of fixing the chat and bringing it above pre-alpha level? Since they didn’t waste any time adding more bone-headed game breaking content. Right? Nah, probably not.