Please do a BAN WAVE!

The economy is screwed… at least do a ban wave to try and salvage what little economy is left for legitimate players.

17 Likes

I ‘liked’ this post not because of the ‘economy’ nonsense, but because I want bots and RMT to stop DDOSing the servers I’m forced to play on because Buzzard failed to implement the TCP/IP they originally promised. Ban them, and ban them more often.

18 Likes

Didn’t they just have a sale? They probably don’t want to scare them away too quickly…

It’s cyclic.

Gotta make that money man.

God forbid they ever switch on the “instaban on 100% certainty of cheating” feature. :smirk:

6 Likes

Yeah they did just have a sale… better reason to ban all the botters and make them pay full price. If they wanted to make more money they would BAN more to encourage more d2r Purchases. It makes no sense from both points of view how they are handling the bots. They could make more money… i think it’s more about laziness than making cash. Plus to encourage less botting or stopping them completely is as easy as have a random ingame mechanic (pop up window wth capcha) to be implemented every 2 hours of game play. Then flag / Ban all that cannot complete the captcha or that relog when captcha appears… its not even that hard to automate the system.

3 Likes

If captcha comes to the game, that’s when I will officially retire the game.

There are ways to catch bots without making the game annoying for legitimate players.

12 Likes

Its a sure way to make sure there are very little work arounds and ways to avoid bans while botting. If it creates a healthy economy with legit players, you would rather quit then typing 5 letters every 2 hours? Your crazy man. Everyone is so selfish these days, if that is too much of a inconvenience for you then I would be happy that there is one less player with that kind of mindset in d2r.

Really? I’m just telling you what I’d do. Don’t bash me because I don’t want captcha in the game. If Blizzard brings it to the game, fine, but I’m not going to play online.

Go look up the history of captcha. It’s still effective to a certain degree, but they are able to be defeated by automation. The ones they have difficulty with are also barely doable by the general population.

“Recaptcha” watches your mouse movement. If you make a staggered varying speed motion to the checkmark, then it will always let you in. If you make a quick movement to the checkbox (like a seasoned FPS player would likely do), then there’s a good chance you’ll be given directions along a grid of pictures to tick.

It’s the recaptcha mouse movement detection that Blizzard should be employing as far as bot detection. I don’t care how good of a player you are, you will make subtle mistakes while playing.

4 Likes

warden cannot detect it xd at this moment. They are doing these ban vawes since ladder started. Dont ask me where did i know it but i know it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m curious how many millions of dollars they’ve earned from their strategic planning and scheduling of banning bots :joy:

2 Likes

Well, I’m saying Captcha as in letter numbers random like a website. Will be extremely hard to get ai to figure it out and doing it correctly also, I was not bashing you, just making a point that if you loved diablo 2 you would be willing to make sacrifices to make the game better. I wouldn’t like a captcha either but if it helped the game achieve more honest and competitive gameplay I would doit not only for myself but for the game and other players. But they probably don’t care what happens to it because they want everyone to play d4 anyways… Its not like they will ever actually do something XD

The reason they won’t bring it to the game is simple… The automation of captcha will only get easier as time rolls on. It will become trivial for bots to the point that it might as well not exist.

Skynet is coming man. I-Robot, the three laws, HAL-9000… Just wait and see. :stuck_out_tongue:

Once AI becomes powerful and effective, they can employ AI to detect bots.

2 Likes

Don’t play jsp, just play D2R.

9 Likes

Going to have to get rid of jsp if you want legit fair play not just bots. These two problems go hand in hand sadly.

3 Likes

And how is the economy screwed?

The same could be said about you, you would rather introduce an annoying mechanic that will make some people quit, than accept the crappy economy of the game deserves to die.

Anyhow, they will not listen at you, or me, or anyone except certain streamer.

People don’t have to grind for 3 weeks to get enigma.
Jar and Ber are like 2 bucks each, so sweaty gamer grinders are mad I guess.

1 Like

I do support a banwave, but not for the economy argument. Its in a great place right now. People can afford the basic gear they nees to fully open their characters playstyle. Enigma, infinity and griffons. Live it!

3 Likes

Could you explain how you’ve been directly affected by economy as a direct result of botters?

@Trololol’s first post

Hi multi. Botters flood the realm/ladder with items. Regarding the concept of an ‘economy’ this creates an extreme surplus in SUPPLY that legit players cannot compete with. If you can’t understand from here, you’re an absolute moron. Go ahead and pretend you don’t understand, Trololol.

Botters should be BANNED not because of an ‘economy’ in game, but because they are CHEATING. They also create server instability by mass migration and mass automated game creation 24/7. They also flood all public channels with RMT spam.

1 Like

I mean im not even competitive in ladder. I just want to play a bunch of fun characters and than donate what have at the end of the season. If they can make that super easy for me, thats amazing. And how do you tell a botter from somebody normal? Tons of fg? Lots of posts? Tons of items?
Because of third party trade sites now that have run for years some gamers could have untold wealth. And if i am trading in game for a ber or something, its not like im doing a reference check. You know ask them if they are a botter?

Is it that your sad that your randomly found loot that you thought was going to get you something amazing turned out to be way less? Or upset because ladder is usually done a week or two in now? If your not first your last. All hail Ricky Bobby.
I understand you, I do. But complaining does nothing. They will do a wave when they feel like it, if they feel like it. Either way I say you have a choice. Be patient or leave, because this game is obviously tilting you.

4 Likes