Please do a BAN WAVE!

There is a bot running on the system is how you tell. These bots are widely shared and open source is posted, try not to pretend that Blizzard can’t find them.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I wasn’t trying to be inflammatory.

I was asking about a specific example where OP or anyone was directly affected as a result of botters affecting the economy.

I’m very familiar with the concept of supply and demand, but familiarity with the concept isn’t enough to understand economics. Especially one in d2r where it’s based primarily on runes and partially on perfect gems.

It’s not that cut and dry even for those that are open source. There isn’t a one size fits all solution for detecting bots. There are ways to randomize a program name every time it gets launched.

They may be able to detect them based on activity, but that’s an endless cat and mouse game. The problem is, playing the cat in this endless game costs an endless amount of dev time.

The point is, if there’s money to be made, money will be made. The only way to actually stop botters would be to disallow trading all together.

There are currently no open source projects at all. They all halted development after ban waves and/or (the threat of) legal action from Blizzard. But people have no problem paying for software to make money, that’s why the market for bots exists. Everyone complaining that Blizzard literally puts zero effort in fighting off cheaters truly has no clue what they are talking about.

Forum warrior who clearly has not loaded into multiplayer.

You really can’t read can you? I never said there is no botting problem, but insinuating that Blizzard does nothing against them is just false. It’s a cat and mouse game, so there will never be no bots as long as the incentive to create them exists.

They could implement a trading post, a bit more organized than creating loot drop games, if players want to trade for items and gold allow that here remove need for jsp, keep it all in game, however let me be very clear NO REAL MONEY!, the auction house in d3 worked until blizzard went real money and also allowed purchase of gold and gems w real money for way cheaper than the hours a player had to spend to get it, that was the dumbest move, led to ridiculous over inflation and allowed the RMAH to ruin the NON RMAH, trading is something ive always loved in these games, its nice to be able to help a new user w an item i cant/dont want to use and it gives a place for what people might otherwise say is “useless”, its all relative and this game is all aboutwhatever the best you can find, but keep it in game, and yes bots are rudiculous, i was thinking a good test for bots be messaging a player if detected as a potential bot, bots cant abd dont respond, so send a player a message and vet if any response if its relevant, maje the botters work harder, abd captcha is stupid so no to that too

100x mal, 10fg each
100x ist, 15fg each
100x gul, 20fg each
100x vex, 25fg each
100x ohm, 40fg each
40x Lo, 70fg each
100x Cham, 25fg each

20x unid griff unid griffon unidentified griffon, 275fg each
20x unid eth titan unidentified titans revenge, 150fg each
20x unid fathom unidentified deaths fathom 90fg each
20x SOJ, 60fg each

FREE UNID ANNI on orders above 500fg
(100fg minimum per order)
(no deals on orders below 2000fg)

Lol botters seller

This always bugs me when players request ‘Ban Waves’. How do you know that Blizzard does not already do bans? You don’t, as Blizzard does not advertise when they ban, so that tells me that this post is for spam purposes only, or you are a cheater yourself and are trying to throw suspicion from yourself. Yes, this is a tactic that was used in D3, until they too got banned :laughing:. Unfortunately, banning does not stop the bots or dupers, as they just create new accounts afterwards and start right up from scratch again. Please stop it with the ‘Ban’ Posts and let Blizzard do their job!

as i sad u play d2j@p not d2r. if u want make profit go work. u cant compete with bot no more tears enough

1 Like

They won’t do another banwave until the end of the next quarter when the marketing and product team can report to their shareholders that player retention is meeting arbitrary standards.

Sucks to suck, huh?

they did many. but warden anti cheat cant detect bot. try to use some old maphack or booty u will be banned in a week.

This thread is incredibly AI-phobic and honestly I am not sure I can be associated with such hatred and vitriol.

EcOnOmY, you just mad because your Shako ain’t worth hr now!

Wont there just be that many new bots as soon as the bans go through? I assume most of them belong to the item selling sites

1 Like

ban those too, not rocket science. Too bad Buzzard is complicit.

I think game is good. Don’t need changes, Blizzard doing a good job. Some people just can’t be happy. I have so much MF item to trade, having good time and fun.

Everyone just complain and not have fun. Let’s all try to get along. Been good season for me very lucky finding so much stuff I don’t see how game not good. I have made 5 enigma in the last 2 days. with 15/15 bases. I will probably reroll them though cuz perfect nicer, but game fun.

Just wait for next season. No one cares.

Is this how they plan on taking care of diablo 4 as well ? :thinking:

Yes.

Blizzard has never cared to deal with bots in any capacity.