Player killer Harassement

Hello,

Everyday I join public games, sooner or later there is a player joining and killing our team.
They will stay in our games and camp us.
If we start a new game they will join it too and do the same again.
Sometimes they can keep joining games and kill everyone for hours, making everyone quit Diablo 2 lobby or simply turn off the game.
It is a very bad game design.

I consider it a form of aggravated harassment.

There is no way to kick them or ban them.
We need a player ban or block feature where these players cannot join our games anymore.
Or else, add a pvp/pve option to the games we create.

This is such an annoyance I am about to quit this game completely.

Thank you.

17 Likes

Killing players is allowed in the game. If you want to put a stop to it, password protect your games.

26 Likes

oh how easy it is to avoid these people.

i mean, i don’t condone their behavior, but this is part of diablo 2. and it’s not changing. they allow people to be toxic and you know what, toxic people have found this outlet and they use it knowing there is no repercussion from bullying people.

but again, it’s very easy to avoid them, if you have a decent crew in the game already, go private for a few runs. once a few people leave go back public to get a few more grinders and if the problem shows up again, back to private…

in the HC community it’s even dirtier because people literally lose characters going down the wrong t.p or trusting the wrong person. it’s brutal out there.

2 Likes

From what I remember reading other situations like camping spots in WoW to kill people even on PVP servers is it’s against the rules but that’s WoW, plenty of money and monitoring there.

Here, I don’t know if much will happen at all but their suggestions do mitigate it.

In my grand scheme opinion their lobby and multiplayer is deeply flawed and has marred an otherwise pretty solid remaster. I would love more controls and options to show progress of games involving questing. This is one spot where I still can’t believe it hasn’t been improved.

1 Like

That’s been an issue that a good chunk of the community has been complaining about since day one of Diablo 2.
Sadly, at the time, the main devs were very much in love with this harassment system, and nowadays they don’t really dare to change that remnant, especially since a very vocal tiny toxic minority is going to complain a lot if they do.

2 Likes

And thank God. So sick of playstyles being removed because the hive mind doesn’t enjoy it. That crap needs to all stay on Reddit so I can avoid it.

1 Like

I hope you getting PKd everyday :rofl: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Harassment isn’t a playstyle. It’s harassment.

7 Likes

PvP isn’t harrassment, it’s PvP.

Just because fewer people do it now than ever doesn’t make it not still a PvP enabled game. Always has been.

1 Like

Nobody’s complaining about PvP or wanting to remove it. Players are complaining about PK, which is a form of harassment.

3 Likes

PvP and dueling are different things. See every PvP MMO server ever. PvP rather implies PK unless it’s two D4 druids fighting, then it’s more of a pillow fight.

Used to spend literal days at a time ganking in Orgrimmar on a Rogue in WoW lol. Just like I loved running around solo in leveling spots on DAoC and picking off healers after pulls. in OF/early NF back in the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

This attitude is precisely why games tend to remove PvP nowadays. I am pretty sure you’ve made some players just quit both of those games forever.

3 Likes

And it’s also why I don’t play newer games, and the primary reason I stopped playing WoW.

PvP is like deer hunting for gamers. You don’t just walk up and ask the deer for a duel. That’s just silly.

PvP has been mostly removed because people are just a bunch of cry babies that aren’t happy unless they always win.

6 Likes

Making people’s day worse for your own enjoyment has a word, it’s called bullying.
You are a toxic person, and I hope never to have to interact with you IRL.

10 Likes

My dude. it’s not bullying if they signed up for it. If you play on a game with PvP, expect PvP. No one is being forced to do anything.

It’s like playing chess then crying about castling. It’s just part of the game.

Don’t play PvP games, or servers, if you can’t handle PvP. It’s that simple. Expecting special treatment is ridiculous.

So easy to avoid PK…and if you get PK who cares… d2r does not need to follow modern snowflake mentality, that is where d3 and d4 come in…

Blizzard has these tips:

Protect your game with a password
Only allow players to join the game that you trust. This is one of the best defenses against Player Killers (PKs).

Set Level Limits and Maximum Number of players
If you create an Open Game, when creating the game, set the Character Difference to a level really close to your level. That way no one can join the game that is significantly a higher level than your character. You can also limit the Maximum number of players, which prevents gangs of player killers from joining.

Check the players level when they join the game
Check the player’s level in the Party Screen when they join the game. The Party Screen is activated by ‘P’ on your keyboard. You will often see the join message before they finish loading.

Don’t give away your location
Also, the first words a player killer will often say is “Where are you?” or questions regarding your location. If you want to avoid conflict, don’t tell them. The realm of Diablo 2 is quite huge, and it’s quite possible they could search for hours before finding you.

Be Ready To Run
When playing in Public Games, keep a Town Portal Scroll ready or have your Town Portal Tome hotkeyed. Players cannot attack you in town, so use a Town Portal to escape to Town. You can also run back to a town entrance if you are close by, if you are caught without a Town Portal Scroll or Tome.

Play the Dungeon Door Game
Enter and leave a dungeon until the other player becomes bored and gives up. A test of will. This may not work against such skills that stay in the area such as Fire Wall, Blizzard, and so on.

Leave the Game
Once you have left the game, the player killer may also leave the game. Then you can rejoin the game you created because it will stay up for a little while without any players in the game.

Doesn’t have to be everyone’s cup of tea, just accept or move on, lots of other choices out there…

3 Likes

Sounds like single player is the place for you.

i said softcore pansy in a thread once (not talking to anyone in specific) and jhaerik took it so personally it was HILARIOUS. man is toxic AF. best to leave that clown alone.

2 Likes

It’s because you’re the type of person that only gets online to say that crap. Just like you only play HC because you think that a video game mode makes you tough lul. You have a terrible case of keyboard warrior, and it shows.

“Look how tough am I play HARDCORE D2! …not now mom.”

Posts like this bring me so much joy.

1 Like