Pindleskin farming broken

Imagine creating games and ONLY killing 1 boss pack.

Every farm run I make I clear Pindle, Nihlathak, Eldritch, Shenk, Meph, Countess, Treehead Woodfist, Tristram and then Hell Cows solo.

Why limit yourself to a single spot when so many good ones exist.

I’d do some clearing in A4 too but it has too many potentially lethal Lightning Immune spawns :man_shrugging:

Look at all these crybabies whining about a tried and true practice in D2. The Pindleskin farm has always always been considered a legitimate tactic.

4 Likes

Most of us didn’t say it wasn’t. We just also recall this having a hidden timer due to server issues back when LOD came out as well. So we just see it going through that same phase again.

… You think D2 is a PvP game?? Did you have a stroke? The PvP is garbage and always has been.

5 Likes

And yet it is a mandatory part of the game. :slight_smile: No handshake. No option to decline hostility. This is inherently the best way to handle PvP, as giving people an option would make it garbage.

1 Like

The amount of people in this thread that need to actually go read the update sticky is too dang high! They mention pindle runs. They say that the current implementation is not going to be the way it stays and they know people pindle run within 20 seconds and some of the measures in place are a band aid fix for now. All you people that post before you read need to think before you speak. Especially if you look at the very last line of one of the copy pasted bolded paragraphs and also read about pindle and educate yourselves. I’m just as frustrated as the next person about their lack of ability to get this right before launch and to know that this would and should have been an issue with what the whole point of this game is to do. Make games as fast as you can to maximize loot in the best way you personally prefer. Pindle only, meph only, andy only, cows, baals, the list goes on based on personal preference - IP farming for dclone even though that needs to be overhauled completely.

All you that say anything bad about the people doing the pindle runs and not the company that should have known this was coming and didn’t plan for it need to seriously read the full link below. Not just what I copy paste.

Diablo II: Resurrected Outages: An explanation, how we’ve been working on it, and how we’re moving forward

Rate limiting: We are limiting the number of operations to the database around creating and joining games, and we know this is being felt by a lot of you. For example, for those of you doing Pindleskin runs, you’ll be in and out of a game and creating a new one within 20 seconds. In this case, you will be rate limited at a point. When this occurs, the error message will say there is an issue communicating with game servers: this is not an indicator that game servers are down in this particular instance, it just means you have been rate limited to reduce load temporarily on the database, in the interest of keeping the game running. We can assure you this is just mitigation for now–we do not see this as a long-term fix.

3 Likes

Thank you, this was very helpful.

In fairness, I did search the forums for “Pindle” before posting, and for some reason that post doesn’t get returned as a result. I must have missed that portion when I skimmed it a couple of days ago.

Pindle bots on suicide watch.

Pindle runs are worst game play I can imagine. It’s so bad that I used bot back in 1.09 on separate account with single sorc that was banned at lvl 97. I changed gameplay since then. In D2R I enjoy long MF games.

• arcane for key (got Soj)
  • Lower Kurast for super chests
  • Mephisto
  • Andarial
  • Countess
  • Pits
    This is my current game that I play on blizzard sorc and hdin (two accounts). And it’s fun!
    I should admit that I spammed Mephisto for 3 weeks to fully gear 2 characters and it was boring as hell.

I can imagine because I keep seeing this type of fanboy behavior in forums.

1 Like

True. But despite this, more players engage in PvM than PvP. I understand that PvP can be fun but oh wait, they fixed WSG in d2r, which was the balancer.

Guess it’s back to farming in private games and continue murdering helpless monsters.

1 Like

Hurry everyone lets go farm pindle for a few hours slamming the servers.

just so pindle farmers know. blizz nerfed him i believe in 1.10. Substantially at that. Dont waste your time farming him and solely him. lol

Pindle sucks. Trav strong.

1 Like

this is a completely tragic thread.

My farming route:

Act 1
Countess
Mausoleum
Andariel

Act 2
Ancient Tunnels
Arcane Sanctuary

Act 3
Travincal Council
Mephisto

Act 4
Chaos Sanctuary

Act 5
Eldritch
Dac Farren
Pindleskin

Rinse, repeat.

So twenty years ago there were thousands of bots constantly creating new games farming single boss spots, and the servers seemed to do fine back then.

2 Likes

Create game
Run Pindle
Leave Game
x10

Failed to create game
Complain about server instability.

This is gaming now.

1 Like

I would suggest you to farm 1 more thing before making a new game because the server issues they are having does not allow for creating multiple games within seconds. Servers was not this bad before they added the queue system, seems like they halved the amount of servers or something.

Considering that i got the oculus and shako from pindle inside of three days farming [mind you i also do shenk eld trav and countess on some runs } i simply wont take your brain damaged advice and nor should anyone else.