Pindleskin farming broken

I’m assuming this is part of the server “fix”, but if I try to farm Pindleskin, every couple of runs I get the “you need to connect to the internet” message.

Preventing people from joining too many games in a short period of time is NOT a solution, and this is thoroughly breaking established content.

19 Likes

Good for them. Runs like this are part of the problem. YOU should get a realm down! WE should not have to sit in queue for your crap.

15 Likes

Based. I’m sick of people farming in a PvP game

4 Likes

This actually was the original solution back when the game came out 20 years ago.

So yeah, you’re wrong.

Farm one other thing besides just Pindle and you will be fine. That or simply wait 1 minute longer.

2 Likes

Good. People farming ONLY pindle over and over should honestly just be banned.

6 Likes

Imagine blaming someone for playing the game instead of the inept dev team for not fixing the problem.

55 Likes

LOL

I was going to just do a couple of Pindle runs here and there when I don’t have time for longer runs, but after seeing all these people crying about how I’m breaking the game and should be banned for doing something that is a long-established farming method… I think I’ll keep doing this for hours on end now.

29 Likes

Is that what killing pindle over and over goes for these days, “playing the game.” Interestring.

5 Likes

You might want to learn how queues work.

Queues are for logging into the game. Server resets are independent from queues. Otherwise every time you left a game and started a new one, you’d be bumped back into the queue.

Well. You’re literally logging into the game and actively playing it, so yes. It’s the actual dictionary definition of playing a game.

2 Likes

Honestly can’t believe these answers.

It was Blizzard who removed the realm down in d2r as QoL improvement in the first place.

The algorithm for game creation was implemented so poorly and the way the database and server architecture was set up caused the massive problem when people created games. Then, they had the audacity to point out player’s behavior.

When everything blew up and realizing that they screwed up, they implemented the queue and delay in game creation.

You guys are blaming a normal player for Blizzard’s failure to deliver a working product. Blizzard has 20+ experience with Diablo and it is one of the biggest game companies in the world and yet, it’s the player’s fault that the server is taking a crap.

Get with reality guys. You are actually falling for Blizzard’s propaganda. I thought their attempt to put the blame on players for their server issues was ridiculous, but this thread is showing that it is actually working. Imagine… a paying customer blaming another paying customer for the product’s failure and the company gets away blame free. Pindle isn’t the only reason why people repeatedly create/join games. What about people that mule. The whole archaic game design promotes this behavior.

25 Likes

Yeah, because rushing to Mephisto, or the Countess, or Andarial, or any of the other fast farm spots over and over isn’t “playing the game”, either.

You must be new.

10 Likes

“Actively” he says. You spend more time remaking game a loading the game up than you do playing it.

2 Likes

It actually takes much longer to farm everything than it does do kill pindle…

This has been this way for 20 years even in the original game. If you don’t have time to play for very long, adjust your run. Just farming pindle won’t net you very good results. Add in the super uniques Shenk and a few others (andarial and mephisto are good choices if you have a character that teleports, sorc/enigma) and extend your game run to at least 2 minutes. This should minimize the rate limiting a bit on joining/creating new games. I believe classic has a 30 games/hour limit which I suspect they just went ahead and turned on for D2R as well, so as long as your run is 2 minutes before creatin a new game you should be fine.

And yes, it’s perfectly valid to just kill pindle. The servers should be able to handle creating/destroying 100s of thousands of games, if they spend the time to modernize the code that is. Unfortunately that’s not the case right now. Blizzard says they are working on it, so until changes come down the pipe, the old school methods of dealing with the game limits put in place still apply to D2R.

2 Likes

Yes, actively. You can’t kill Pindleskin without actually moving your character.

1 Like

Your post is irrelevant because the actual fact is that farming only pindle repeatedly is actually moronic and a waste of time in the first place, in terms of actual drops. So the people doing it aren’t even worth talking about. They have brain damage.

Thanks for mentioning mules.

I first started getting that message when logging onto mules, or even alts that I was leveling, after playing my main for hour+ runs. It seems random, too. Sometimes it’ll be when I first try to log onto the mule. Other times I’ll be able to log onto the mule, but then not back onto my main.

So the people saying that this was a specific fix for Pindle farming are flat-out wrong. This also is not due to a 30 game per hour limit; I’ve had this occur 3 times in the first 30 minutes of Pindle farming.

1 Like

Don’t matter whether it’s effective or not. And the fact that pindle isn’t a good way to farm does not make my point irrelevant.

If people prefer to use that method, they can. Despite how it was in the past, Blizzard intended for players to be able to repeatedly create games without delay with the d2r and they failed at it.

6 Likes

That’s a bit harsh. If someone choses to farm inefficiently that is their choice. I agree farming bigger high treasure class areas and kills/hr is the most efficient way to farm in D2/R but it’s not the ONLY way. Pindle is an easy target because of how quickly you can get to him and kill him (Shenk is another good example). People with limited play time are likely going to find things they can do quickly that may yield them good loot, even if its not most efficient way to go about it. Perfectly understandable.

5 Likes