People keep trying to scam me

The best one is swapping out an Annihilus for Meph’s soulstone.

Agreed! But… I think it is one of the aspects that make this game interesting.

1 Like

That’s what i hate most about D2, there are so many scammers. In POE most of the time, you could give your items, to totally strangers for crafting, and know you would get it back. D2 Community is the worst in the entire ARPG genre.

you realize when they swap an item(pull it out and put one back) the trade is disabled for a short period…always double look before you confirm trade

Not universally, though, at least not enough to unequivocally state that runes or forum gold are a standardized form of currency. At best they are a colloquial way of comparing relative value between items, as I previously mentioned. Plenty of item for item trades still occur.

No argument with any of that, although then how does one accumulate said currency?

Time played? Forum activity? Those are just other forms of “wealth,” of which some have a lot and others have less. Point is, no matter how you slice it there will be inequities. That’s just inherent.

But, like I said, if Blizzard wants to implement an official trading currency I’m not against it, although that doesn’t address the problems brought up here with the actual mechanics of trading. There would also have to be tangible penalties for say, baiting and switching in an emerald-socketed cap for a Harlequin Crest.

But if we’re going to do all that, why not just put the effort into a more secure in-game trading mechanism and just let the community and individuals decide what items are worth?

Of course, but now we are getting a little afield of the topic at hand. You’re not wrong though.

I fell for this trick Gandalf.

I fell for this trick 3,000 years ago.

i got 2 people trying to scam me. screenshot and massive spam in the lobby about is accouny name and what was the scam.

idk if it work but has a member of the community its the only thing i could do that would have a immediate impact on those scammer.

yeah no surprise, it’s hard for alot of humans to not be PoS scammers and actually be honest

I dont think they can do anything about it. What wil be the proof that person scammed?