[PC] D2R keeps crashing during full screen - Windows 11

Pretty much as I load the game and if it is in full screen mode the game will crash.

I have uninstalled graphic drivers in safe mode using DDU 18.0.5.0 (latest version) and made sure I had installed the latest nvidia 512.77 and the previous version as they are the latest wqhl nvidia drivers for my rtx 3080 ti asus strix not overclocked

also with amd 5950x, 32 gb ddr4 3600 mhz, not overclocked, just simply pbo on and 1800 fclk and it just won’t stop crashing :frowning:

I also play on a 3440x1440 resolution monitor

anyone have any suggestions at all?

Got the same Problem with an rtx 3090, tried several fixes nothing worked. Running the newest drivers.

Try 512.59 drivers, I eard 512.77 causes crashes and bluescreens.

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating, i can’t play for 5 minutes before it crashes to desktop :frowning:

i have the same problems rtx 3080 i dont even get an error message… Boom game is crashed, on shenk and sometimes when i make some crazy hits with lightning strike… Makes me so mad, blizz is lazy bad customer support, what a mess

I am having the same problem on Windows 10. Sometimes using Geforce Experience to drastically lower the settings fixes it for a bit, but then it just resumes crashing often without an error message, it just shuts down.

So I’m using the latest drivers for my card, and I noticed something in event Viewer. The game has a memory leak that is bleeding resources, and results in a major processor request after 10-15 minutes. My fan goes from 1200 RPM (Idle) to over 6k every time, and the game crashes, at the same basic time, one was 12 minutes, one was 15, this latest one was 20, and I thought it must have been fixed, then I heard my fan speed up and boom. Desktop. There is a leak somewhere that is filling the cache, and then it dumps when it can’t handle it. I thought it might be the server taking a dump, but getting back to desktop shows it’s not the connection, it’s the literal program.

It’s been a month since I started having these problems and made a post about it and I’ve been checking these forums almost everyday.
This forum section is ‘flooded’ with posts complaining about constant crashes and low fps SINCE patch 2.4. Several people have mentioned memory leaks causing these issues and the only semblance of a response by Blizzard has been on this post where the blame is immediately passed on to the player and his pc setup.
This is happening to A LOT of people with different setups and it only happens while playing D2R, so can Blizzard have the decency of a proper response and admit something is wrong with 2.4 and look for a solution?

No, it’s an overheating problem.
Yes, Nvidia drivers are up-to-date. In fact, a new driver came out since we’ve been complaining about this issue and no, nothing changed.
Yes, I’ve tried debug mode on Nvidia control Panel. Nothing changed.

I’ve been forced to play on Legacy mode to avoid having 7 fps and even on legacy there are 1 or 2 second freezes. I repeat, I had ZERO problems for the four months prior to 2.4.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.