Patch Notes for D2R - Oct. 12, 2021

GENERAL

• Improvements to character deletion to help users from accidentally deleting their characters.

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

• Various crash/stability fixes
1 Like

Man I hope this fixes the act 5 crash. Can’t do baal or nihlathak

1 Like

How about fixing the party finder and a game typing chat for more community interaction? Good God, when is that stuff being addressed

15 Likes

20,22 gb patch

… O_O

1 Like

Well that’s specific… would really like to know what fixes they made… like did they fix the crash caused when a paladin has an aura slotted to the (A) button? Would be nice to know.

Gotta love the details in these patch notes…

2 Likes

Nice of them to announce that in a channel console players can’t participate in. Why would I think to look in general, a channel only for PC users, for console patch notes?

8 Likes

Oh wise game dev, please tell us how long it takes you to completely overhaul lobby systems in your games across multiple consoles that require different attention?

Honestly, we’re probably looking at about a year before we see a significant change to console lobbies. Just saying.

5 Likes

Minor bug fix and switching a button on character select screen takes 10gb? Gg guys way to be

2 Likes

Quickly added /players to console???

Oh…

…

Nevermind

4 Likes

On Sunday night, 10/10/2021, due to your poor console configuration, I deleted a level 85 Sorceress with the following items: Tal’s Set Helmet, Occulus Swirling Crystal, ViperMagi Armor, Spirit Runeword Monarch Shield, Arachnids Belt, Nagelring, Manald Healring, Frostburn Gauntlets, and Sanders Boots.

I demand some type of compensation for this terrible configuration that led to my character’s deletion. I spent hundreds of hours building this character and it was deleted because of poor optimization of your character join screen. PLEASE CHECK YOUR RECORDS AND YOU WILL SEE THAT EVERYTHING I WROTE IS TRUE.

PLEASE COMPENSATE ME FOR MY LOSS.

2 Likes

On Sunday night, 10/10/2021, due to your poor console configuration, I deleted a level 85 Sorceress with the following items: Tal’s Set Helmet, Occulus Swirling Crystal, ViperMagi Armor, Spirit Runeword Monarch Shield, Arachnids Belt, Nagelring, Manald Healring, Frostburn Gauntlets, and Sanders Boots.

I demand some type of compensation for this terrible configuration that led to my character’s deletion. I spent hundreds of hours building this character and it was deleted because of poor optimization of your character join screen. PLEASE CHECK YOUR RECORDS AND YOU WILL SEE THAT EVERYTHING I WROTE IS TRUE.

PLEASE COMPENSATE ME FOR MY LOSS.

Battle Tag: Shifty-1207
Deleted Character: OnlyFanz
Deletion Date: 10/10/2021 @ 9:10pm EST

I’m sorry to hear that, bro. I almost accidentally deleted my sorc last night by dropping my controller. I was one button away and i almost did it too, considering it was the same button to join a game. I hope they will restore your character. That is devastating.

1 Like

Where are the patch notes? All I see is two sentences, what was fixed? What was changed? Where’s our lobbies for consoles? When will we get to message on consoles? How do I trade on consoles if I can’t message anything or make a instance in the lobby? There are 126 different matchmaking, how am I to find anyone?

All these questions NEED a Real Answer and a Real Response/ Action!

10 Likes

Just pretend it’s the end of a ladder season. Or the beginning. Then the loss won’t be so bad. State of mind.

1 Like

yeah thats what i was thinking…20 gigs almost is insane for a patch with only a few fix

3 Likes

I love how it says “to prevent users from accidentally deleting their characters”. How about to prevent your crap buggy game from deleting characters. Take some ownership, really.

1 Like

Why is the patch notes only 2 sentences, when the patch itself is the same size as the games original download?

8 Likes

SO how about the stash? IS that fixed? I have been selling my gear 3 times already because those tabs wont save. Been thinking to just start abusing the system and start making all those nice runewords and go nuts with the game coz cant really rely on drops not being saved to transfering.

1 Like

Also how about the loading times? Would really not want to buy dlc ssd for my ps4… Mfing is so frustrating.

I did the same a week earlier.
Lost fully equipped sorc on lvl 84.
Not a single word from them since I accidentally deleted this character by just grabbing my controller…