Patch 2.5 is huge buff to drops? I hope this dont go live in Season 2

Yeah I mean I guess that’s a fair point. The net result will likely be more super rares in the market. But it may be fairly negligible. I think “buff to drops” is a bit misleading. It’s more of a buff to where your time can be spent to cover the possibility of getting rare drops.

where can I read that stuffs?

yep doesn’t sound too bad let’s see

1 Like

So is this meaning that Sunder Charms will appear in NM TZs? I do like the idea of a special drop instead of relying on Magic Find, as it balances kill chances for Physical Damage dealers with greater gearing requirements instead of highly benefiting an MF Sorc.

1 Like

They are currently configured to drop only in the hell difficulty TCs. But they are also looking to be a 100% drop from the appropriate mobs when they do drop.

1 Like

TZ Duriel’s drops have been upgraded to Tomes of Town Portals.

3 Likes

Of course it means drops are buffed, if andariel can drop everything in game when she is terrorized, i think its pretty broken. And you just need level 91 for that.

Before 2.5 it was hard to find certain uniques as only baal and nihlathak could drop them from bosses.

Hell… Now you can even farm terrorized andy nm for uniq shako.

Might not be completely related to the topic but someone simulated how the terrorized TCs would currently function in single player, pretty short (5 minutes) and informative video.

Crazy to see that any champ+ in a TZ is 100% guaranteed to drop a sunder charm with the current implementation. Hopefully this is just an oversight that gets fixed before the ladder launches.

5 Likes

Yeah its guy from our clan we were discussing these drop changes few hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wtf? There is absolutely no need for Sunder charms to drop like candy. Join a TZ right now, the games end within minutes. Why the hell would Sunder charms need to be an easy find? It doesn’t make logical sense. They should not be guaranteed at any time.

(Also i’m just stating my opinion out in the open, not replying directly to DarkMaster lol).

1 Like

Great news if true, I want to see the results! Hopefully game changing better drop rates!

1 Like

Forget sunder charms, when andy hell will be terrorized or council, tc 87 items will be dropping like candy.

1 Like

The drop rates are unchanged, as they should be. The chances impact the treasure classes terrorized minions can drop.
Drops are better in terrorized zones, but the drop rates are the same.

Drop rates are increased just by the fact that monsters have higher levels as calculation for item quality wirks with monster level.

Terror zones changing TCs isnt increased drop rate true, but just the fact that any special or boss can drop from TC higher than Baal when terrorized at lvl 91 is massive change and it will flood market with elite unique items fast. If i wassayong opposite before, i was wrong.

1 Like

At least there is precedent in tweaking the drops in past patches…

DM! Thanks for sharing this my friend - appreciate the visibility. We all know that this is purely a mini-simulation/mod doing our best to emulate the client-side data we have available to us. In no way shape or form can myself or anyone presume that this is the guaranteed behavior server-side come Thursday. Who the heck knows if this was a troll, oversight, or if the server-side coding is already ready to rock and this was purely a placeholder. I am still rather skeptical why they would push this client-side to us transparently, when they could have just withheld.

Either way, seeing Bosses/SU’s now with upgraded TC scaling is exciting. Lots of significant changes boosting Nightmare especially. Cheers!

1 Like

So this does not apply to non ladder? Since no sundar charm? Confused!!!

Changes to drops are in files from yesterday patch. They are for Terror zones. I dont know if blizzard will actualy use same settign for live patch at ladder release but i brought it up as it seems important and if they would push live patch with this, it will have quite big impact on game.

We hope its just something for offline maybe, but who knows.

i mean granted that would be horrific… but i have a feeling we’re missing something

maybe they have a extremely lower % change to grab from a desecrated table in the first place… i dont know enough about how drops work in depth, but I’m fairly certain blizzard does not intend for it to work like shown in his video.

that’s way too obvoius a issue even for blizzard to miss.

i hope

I’m a little confused by the reaction here. Why is it surprising to anyone that monsters that are level 99 would be dropping loot that can be dropped by Hell Baal? Maybe it is just me, but I thought this should have been understood from the moment that Terrorized Zones were announced. Speaking for myself, I always understood that loot drops would be affected by the introduction of Terror Zones. That said, I am not an expert in the drop rates or the loot tables. I have some limited understanding of them, but I do not claim to be an expert, so I am open to correction. However, just by logically thinking through the announcement of Terrorized Zones, I had always expected there to be a proliferation of high end drops, not because of an increase in drop rates, but because of an increase in the number of Hell-Baal level monsters being killed. Keep in mind that Terror Zones work as follows:

From the patch notes (emphasis added): "The monsters in these zones will be at least two levels higher than your current level or their original level, up to a maximum per difficulty. The experience received and the loot dropped by killing a terrorized monster will be based on this new level
Hell

• Standard Monsters: +2 player level up to 96
  • Champion: +4 player level up to 98
  • Unique: +5 player level up to 99"

Just from those patch notes, this has number of implications, all of which are relevant to this thread, but more to the point, have major impacts to the proliferation of loot drops. I’ll list some of them here:

• Hell Baal is level 99, since uniques, super-uniques, and bosses in Terrorized Zones are all level 99 and have their loot adjusted as such, then all of them will drop items that Hell Baal can drop, save for the Green Essence

• This means the unique items that typically only Hell Baal, Hell Diablo, and Hell Nihlathak could drop (except for the Red and Green Essences and the Key of Destruction), will be able to be dropped from Unique, Super Unique, and Boss monsters in max level Terrorized Zones

• This also means that Max Level Charms, which typically could only drop from Hell Baal, Hell Diablo, and Hell Nihlathak, will be able to be dropped from Unique, Super Unique, and Boss monsters in max level Terrorized Zones. However, this is probably even more common because Hell Diablo is only level 94, so max level charms can probably drop from many monster in a Terrorized Zone that is level 94+, and any Champion, Unique, Super-Unique, or Boss in a Terrorized Zone of level 92+.

• Elite Item Bases will be much more common because instead of only the handful of level 85 areas that will be farmed, players will be spending the majority of their time farming areas that are significantly above level 85, and places like Travincal and Nihlathak’s Temple (Pindleskin & Nihlathak), which weren’t previously level 85 areas will now be up to level 99.

Again, I am not an expert on the loot tables, drop rates, or drop mechanics, so I am open to correction. This is just how I was logically expecting Terrorized Zones to work, based on the way the patch notes from 2.5 have always been written, how Terrorized Zones were announced, and also after having confirmation in game from drops such as max-level charms, Sacred Armors, Vortex Shields, Caduceus and the like in Terrorized Zones in places those items wouldn’t normally be able to drop.

4 Likes