P8 slider or ban from games you make option

If im willing to do the work to grind the game, by teleing for a lobby to create p8 so i get get xp in terror zones. I should be able to decide who joins my games when they attempt to ruin it for everyone.

If the only thing forming friendships is players count, its not a good way to form community anyway

A lot of BS overall in this post and a lot of toxic trash talk. No this game dont need any P8 cheat code its a multiplayer game and u are supposed to play with real people or go play single player. The drop rates are fine as they are and we dont need another D3 besides P8 will completely counter any reason to play multiplayer games at all and we are back to only the top tier P8 builds like hammerdin etc. being played.

The very reason 3rd party websites have such huge success in this game is the fact that Blizzard made a trade game without having a proper trade site + the fact that they are not actively banning botters and spam bots. Ingame trading in D2 is tedious at best and relies on u having to make a trade game with a name and description for each individual item u want to trade, then wait for hours or sometimes days in that game before someone actually joins . This waiting time got even worse with the changes to how the lobby works and made even more people use 3rd party websites

As an experienced Path of Exile player i can tell u that they dont really have any or at least no noticeable problems with these issues even though its very much a trade game just like D2. But what they do have is an excellent trade site with ingame currency only (no rmt) and the ability to list ur items directly from ur stash by simply right click and set price. Boom problem solved noone want to go for 3rd party websites since they get banned and ingame trade is easier than having to go to another website to list ur item actively.

Having higher droprates will only make items worth less and make drops less exciting. Its important to have goals in an ARPG and reaching those goals within the first week will only make the game boring

1 Like

Because I don’t really have a problem with people multiboxing. I have a problem with people multiboxing WHILE telling everyone else that /players x is bad.

So, why don’t the opponents of /players x also suggest ways to limit multiboxing if /players x is so bad…?

I guess I should be careful what I wish for, because this idea is horrible. Like really, really terribad.

Fixing rewards at /p3 would have way, way worse negative consequences than anyone even claims enabling /players x would have. It would drastically reduce loot and xp vs current full games and would be a strong overall nerf for people who are playing in groups. This idea is tantamount to getting rid of all multiplayer scaling, outside of difficulty, which truly would destroy multiplayer completely. jfc.

Now, if you want some way to set the floor at /p3, with resumed scaling for 4+ players, I could get behind that.

It was just food for thought… A rough idea.

Increased reward for more players in the game, but hoarding all of that reward for themselves is what makes multi-accounters do what they do… It’s also what makes game snipers do what they do. And of course the big elephant in the room, having more room to hoard items.

I know it will never happen. It’s too late for any substantial changes like this, OR adding /players X to Battle.net.

Just speaking from someone who has level 10 99 characters there are still many items i havent seen drop ever even at players 8. Generally like i said maybe like 3 other times in this post im just trying to get experience while teleing to baal for the patrons of my game.

People dont need a reason to be in games to make friends…it could be an interchangeable addition for private games. Generally people who go to baal games are trying to get support leveling. Which id still do if i could ban people who have something stuck up their you know what and have to bother people

Heres food for thought…ive met botters through d2jsp and facebook. I also met people who have built their account purely by scamming people through these sites and tradeirie. Some of the botters ive known would run upwards of 200 bots a time. Generally they are not seeking practical items like shako or Jah. They are seaking S tier rare weapons armor and jewely. Like an eth ettin axe with self repair fools mod 40 ias and 350ed. These unicorn items are used for good mannered dueling where runewords are banned. They can sell these items for actual money. A weapon like this sold for 15k USD and you can see it in cooleys videos. Some peoples accounts have a retail cash value of over 85 thousand dollars. Turning on a pX feature is not going to make the economy of this worse for the average player. You need to look at the reality of the big picture and stop making excuses to sit in your fish bowl

No it wouldn’t. Character cap. Self Rushing. Barb BO Slave. Enchant Slave.

It’s not about bringing multi’s down. It’s about /players command belonging in multiplayer. It existed in the legit multiplayer mode which was advertised would be available in d2r… until that mode was removed at the last minute to force everyone onto RMT spam bot-tlenet.

The only real reasons these scum have to oppose legit player agency by enabling the /players command on bnet are as follows: Griefers want lobbies to grief, and leeches and want lobbies to leech. Everyone else is lying.

For anyone who wants to say something about how the /players command will make botting a bigger problem, keep waiting for science to develop a reverse-lobotomy procedure.

1 Like

Which is the whole point of trading. U get to trade the items u find that u cant use urself for the items u need and havent found urself which is the only way a good ARPG works. By enabling trade the game is able to have low droprates without preventing people from finishing their build because they havent found that super rare specific item that they need and if blizzard would only make a decent trade site and actively ban botters and spam bots the game would be fine as it is. If u want a game where u find everything within the first week and nothing has any value because of insanely high droprates i suggest u go play D3 or D4

1 Like

Can you kindly support this statement with some concrete facts? Where did they promise TCP/IP?

And you call ‘legit’ a mode where you could run edited chars!? What a joke. :)) The levels of indolence and entitlement…

3 Likes

He just wants to run his naked Paladin that wears a blue dagger with, 100+ Skills, 1000dmg, 10.000 vit, 100.000 psndmg p/s and infinite ias. Oh i forgot every possible aura on that wonder dagger.

ROFL, new troll level from Turlok. Calling the cheater mode “open bnet” legit…

1 Like

Multiplayer in D2 is just cheating. Cheat in progression, cheat in gear. Competitive ladder, yeah more like who has the worst real life imaginable. Even if you’re unemployed living on your friends couch you would need to be able to play this game for 15 hrs+ a day without actually going insane, because the game is just nauseating af. Not a single game mechanic (game mechanic in D2, got the joke?) revolves around having multiple people there. It’s a relic from the early AOL times when internet and online was still such a huge deal everyone wanted to get into and Blizzard wanted to show off what the game can do.

Well if u dont like the game then dont play, its really that simple. Droprates are actually based on having multiple players ingame and so is difficulty. This is actually an ARPG and not really meant for the average 2 hours a week casual dad gamer. ARPG’s are meant to be grindy and take a bit of time or they loose their longevity and gets boring. Besides noone really cares for the leaderboards except the top streamers who has all the time they want and a huge community of people supporting them which brings me to another point in why multiplayer has a purpose, u get more XP faster when u play with others.

Enjoy botting, duping, and RMT spam on bot-tlenet, :clown_face: troll

TCP/IP had multiplayer and /players command. You’d play with other people you knew weren’t cheating and crank it up to /p8, unlike on your RMT magazine BOT-tlenet where 9/10 people are actually cheating, and the game is so dead that you have tolerate scavenger pickit running leeches and multiboxers to only hit /p8 some of the time. Every Odin post = :poop:

lol, sorry, I kinda laid in a little hard there. I was a little tired and grumpy. :slight_smile:

I’m generally pretty good with the possibility of a form of “limited /px” too, maybe capped at /p3 or /p5. For me personally, the big issue is that /p1 is just kinda boring and depressing, both from a gameplay and reward perspective. It’s just that sometimes playing with other people can be even worse, or it just doesn’t always work out very well like in the middle of the night.

On another note, regarding loot, people keep acting like solo /p8 gives 8x the drops when it’s really more like 2x but at the cost of 4x the effort. Making comparisons to the D3 loot shower is just being childish.

Rod Fergusson said it an interview from February 2021.

Rod Fergusson:

… A lot of the stuff that we’re doing is what was there in the original. We’re really focused on having an authentic experience. You can still connect locally through TCP IP if you want to! That was there in D2. It’ll be there in D2R. We’ve really focused on making sure that if there’s something about the core experience you loved, we’re bringing that over. But we do get a lot of benefits from being on a more secure platform.

Having said that they did say the final game wouldn’t have TCP/IP when the Open Beta was announced.

Q: Will TCP/IP support be available in the Early Access to Open Beta tests?

A: TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience.

“Potential security risks”, yeah, to Blizzard’s coffers.

1 Like

Well they actually said they will add TCP/IP, tho it is not like some people deliver that statement “THEY PROMISED US, THEY SWORE IT”… lmao

They also wrote that they changed their mind due to security risks, if thats true or not does not matter. People acting like Blizz owes us their live for saying that they will implement TCP/IP lol.

Keep trolling, alt and main

Thats why having a pX mechanic wouldnt affect people naturally playing the game.

Obviously there are items that are worth way more then the amount of things yoi can fit in a 40x 10 box of items.

Try to open your eyes and read cause im about to repeat this for maybe like the 10th time in this thread

item drops do not matter to me i give all my drops away when im grinding

This is where you post ideas about ways to make the game better. “General d2r discussion” if you dont like that dont reply to the posts here. Dont be petty ane convulsive and stop contradicting yourself. Im casual noone cares about leaderboards you just are inserting statements blindly for your emotional benefit. Pay attention to what you are saying

Remember when i posted videos of people griefing and in the very last video i called a guy a bimbo and you where like: SEEEE HES RACIST!!!
Then you kept saying i was racist in a denigrating way when you lost the argument with me? :eyes:

Wtf are u talking bout

Can you please share with the forum, the data you base your statement on? I am mildly intrigued where you get these numbers from.

Nothing in that post i quoted had anything to do about “ways to make the game better”. If anything it was a lot of trash talk about multiplayer being cheating and how bad the game is because u actually have to spend time if u want to reach the leaderboard and multiplayer being useless. ARPG’s are by definition time consuming, and u cant expect to reach the leaderboard in any ARPG if u are not willing to put in the time. This is why most of us dont care about leaderboards but that doesnt make it a bad game and im not mocking the people who do care

1 Like