P8 slider or ban from games you make option

USING A PASSWORD DOESNT WORK IT DISSOLVES THE LOBBY. I was just wondering if any dev thought about implementing this. I have alot of problems with people using racial slurs when i play. Their tantrums always dissolve my lobby. I cant mute them but that doesnt stop their passive resistance to ruin the game. I still have issues with people that ive reported/ blocked 2 years after i reported and blocked them

3 Likes

You already posted this here. Why are you posting it again?

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

issue persists, posts persist

/players command needs to come to bnet

no more forced carry, no more forced rmt spam

3 Likes

Blizzard doesnā€™t care enough about this game to do anything to solve the problems it has. You know why? Because the game stopped making them money ~6 months after it was released.

If the spam/meanie players bother you, stop playing public games and play solo or with friends only.

And NO, /players X doesnā€™t need to come to Battle.net. The game is already fast enough progression-wise as it isā€¦ This will only make it worse. If you want ultra fast progression, go play Diablo 3.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see, have always wanted it, but realistically it would never happen. I also accept thereā€™s SP for that option as much as Iā€™d like it to be a feature online.
Thereā€™s never been a good argument against it except ā€˜but ima puristsā€™.
Botters gonna bot regardless and they sell their huge lists of hundreds of HRs, skillers, off-the-wall items etc.

How dare folks who like the OPTION to engage socially also have the OPTION to have increased difficulty and far less no-drop.
We must be bad peopleā€¦

Regardless, what I have wanted more than anything is for the Baseline to be /Players 3.
This whole no-drop nonsense is frankly ridiculous and I have never agreed with it, ever and never will. Sadistic drop rates to begin with and quintuple punishment applied to Solo.

Anyway - /players X - the main reason for it never coming is $$.
Botters have to populate their own games and that leads to many account purchases(re-purchases) when the token ban waves roll out.

2 Likes

Players X is completely counter to Multiplayer - as the actual players are supposed to be X.
The issue is Multiplayer is so completely broken that there isnā€™t much point in playing it.

Multiplayer should suggest that the party of players as a whole compensates for weaknesses of itā€™s individual party members. Problem is they created items that eliminate any weaknesses - so there isnā€™t any point to party play anymore.

Beyond ā€œrush meā€, ā€œlevel meā€ type of ā€œmultiplayerā€.

1 Like

Discord? Teamspeak? Even the Battle.net app voice chat? Thatā€™s where real-time social interaction has gone.

Stop using those OP 1.10 runewords and/or overpowered classesā€¦ Bingoā€¦ Youā€™ll have increased difficulty.

Once items start dropping like rain, it lessens the item hunt. Yeah, the drop rates for some items are stupid lowā€¦ But it keeps players coming back to play more to try to find those items. Iā€™m still waiting on my first Tyraelā€™s Might, Crown of Ages and Mang Songā€™s Lesson myself, and Iā€™ve been playing since LoD came out in 2001.

This honestly would be fine, as the majority of the drop rate increase will come from trash monsters. AKA more (mostly) junk. It would increase the problem of having to dig through huge piles of junk to see if anything good is there with killbox classes though. (BlizzSorc/Hammerdin).

1 Like

Hey DJ - donā€™t argue with me on this.
My opinion is my own and my stance is firm. Iā€™m not some random you need to teach, disabuse or ā€˜learn a thing or two tooā€™.
I respect you and the time youā€™ve put into this forum but donā€™t waste your time and donā€™t bother trying to convert or educate me.

Iā€™ve been around this game for a very long time.
One of those silly legit players and have had ā€˜my good old daysā€™ with in-game friends that turned into irl, long term friendships etc.
Had a blast.
But even back then - I NEVER cared for the CORE sadistic design. These devs were turdballs in doing so. Period.
We, the players, accepted it - rather ā€˜dealt with itā€™.
Those who did not ā†’ Went the route of 3rd party ā€œToolsā€ - mh for speeds because random maps are hard or somethingā€¦ Bots for 24/7 Slot lever pulls x Y# of bots and so on.

• Or they left the game altogether. Often citing bad drop rates as the cause.
    Iā€™ve lost MANY friends to RMT/Bot/MH over the years too.
    Once they RMT or start botting you just never see them much anymore. Youā€™re in different leagues of play speed and level at that point.

Thatā€™s what it takes to actually find items.
Yea nice design.

Anyway you do you and keep fighting the good fight.
Just donā€™t be donā€™t throw out a pedantic suggestion like ā€œundergear yourself and youā€™ll have challengeā€ā€¦silly.
Also - Discord etc. I donā€™t even bother with that re: D3/D4. I feel about the same as requiring 3rd party tools to group up as I do about running a bot - both zero interest.

Same here.
2001 - 2024. 2 Soj. None of the above mentioned items and I swear Iā€™ve run how many thousands of Chaosā€¦???
:poop: design.

Thereā€™s a few thousand light yearā€™s worth of difference between ā€œitems dropping like rainā€ and ā€œscorched earth that has never seen a drop of rainā€¦ā€.
Diablo drop rates are that scorched earth and ā€œNo dropā€ exacerbates it tenfold.

I love the game but cā€™mon ā€¦2 weeks now and I still canā€™t even find a flipping Shako? TWO WEEKS and Iā€™ve admittedly, sadly and embarrassingly been playing excessively.
Shako isnā€™t even bloody rareā€¦Itā€™s /Players 1 bs.

1 Like

Being a first-hand witness of the Alpha Centauri bound powercreep rocket from the beginning to the end of Diablo 3, Iā€™d rather Diablo 2 not go down that road and get any faster than it already has.

I guess Iā€™m part of a dying group of players who enjoy playing a game over a length of timeā€¦ More and more players these days want the game to be over and done with as fast as possible for some reasonā€¦ Why even play the game at all if they want it over so quick? :man_shrugging: Beats me.

I guess I understand making the game fast enough to be completed within a week timespam, because there are idiots stupid enough to risk their health by staying up that long (amongst other things they do to stay up) just to try to be first on a videogame ladderā€¦

I agree with the ā€œlightspeedā€ aspect.

Optimal way to play D2(R) is Single Player if one wants a PURE experience.

Otherwise you have 3rd party sites and 3rd party tools, spamming, etc.
I do have to refer to sites for item value info and itā€™s a trip seeing people buy ā€œGRAILā€ items en masse. Like seriously? Youā€™re buying perfect grail items?? ofc theyā€™re probably selling them for RM but even if they just simply wanted them ā€¦
Arenā€™t trophies supposed to be earned?
Also - Itā€™s like walking into a dept store. ā€œHmm I think Iā€™ll take a jah and ber.ā€ Or seeing someone squeeze fruits ā€¦ ā€œno no that eth Fort isnā€™t firm enoughā€ ā€¦ they all want PERF crap and Iā€™m struggling to find an ist rune. haha bonkers.

Please donā€™t lump me in with instant gratification crowd, ā€œthis genā€ or anything else.
As I said - Iā€™ve put A LOT of time in these past 2 weeks and I hardly have anything to show for it.
Thatā€™s just ridiculous and itā€™s funny how I go through this cycle over and over with this game.
Love hate to the nth degree.

My Favourite strategy is to either get in on a baal run and split off, or make a game called ā€œubaal 01ā€. People join, and say ā€œNOBODY GOING TO TPā€, and I say ā€œu can do it!ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL, tell this to the new generation of players that were raised on participation trophies! [I showed up, now reward me!]

And, blizz just caters to them ā€¦

Yeah, these kids just donā€™t get how much fun actually playing the game is ā€¦ they rush to A5 Hell, then MF or bot. I miss the year long ladders. Sometimes I play through entire areas just to see what drops ā€¦ and Iā€™ll ID all magic & rare items ā€¦ be surprised at some of the anomalies that drop. Like magic 2 os 1500 def armor and such. Sometimes the stats on some drops can almost be too good to be true ā€¦ Rakanishu has dropped me some fun items as well ā€¦

ā€¦ ever stood on the edge of the Arreat Summit and looked down into the valley? There are some really cool views in-game ā€¦ makes you appreciate the work they put into the visual aspects ā€¦

1 Like

Good players are able to control weak players in their games.

I miss TCP/IP.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll give you that!!!

My brothers and I used to play once a week that way. Just us having a blast together. Sometimes the nephews as well ā€¦

this requires /players 8 to be viable.

1 Like

:+1:

You claim you blocked me alreadyā€¦please only constructive ideas and no minging

Let me know if you want me to show you they cant

Didnt you lose the discussion with me before then start mocking my schizophrenia? I dont think you are qaulified to act like anyone but yourself is over reacting. I want to level my battle net characters to 99 without interacting with people who force me to degrade them

Yeah, there are several time intervals that can be selected as a durationā€¦ I suppose the question remains to be seen is did I fail to select the appropriate length of time?

You must have me mistaken for someone else.

I mentioned in the past that itā€™d probably be a good idea to remove yourself from situations that may trigger an episode. Honestly the more you throw out this disability you proport to have, the more I donā€™t believe you actually have the condition, and are simply using it as a crutch to gain as much sympathy and/or attention as you can.

3 Likes

Sorry, clearly not good enough. Come back after learn how to play d2.