Overall thoughts about patch 2.5 with some realistic solutions

you’re probably doing it wrong or you play 30mins/day :smiley:

just an example :wink:
knowledge is power! If you spend alll your uptime at throne room with 7 other players - don’t expect any drops.

You seem to be under the assumption that the “average” player has all day to grind and sit in trade games. If you do, more power to you, but the game shouldn’t be balanced around you. You ranted against bots. How do you know your fabulous lewts obtained by your “knowledge” of trading weren’t obtained by bots?

It’s not about knowledge, it’s about how you want to play the game. Many of us enjoy playing the game for an hour here and there in between real-life expectations of work and family. We enjoy the challenge of using solo self-found items instead of play stock market tycoon in trade games.

My guess is that blizzard has metrics on how many players are playing online in solo games VS public online games and the two numbers aren’t even close.

Do you really think that it’s Devs or my fault that you don’t get everything in 1day like in d3? Dude have you ever played legacy? Diablo 2 is about getting that gear, it was meant to take days or weeks. Sorry mate now your complain is like saying that you don’t want to move bricks in TETRIS and why they are not dropping in perfect way.

Also if you go to Sweet Phils channel on youtube you will see what can you get when you’re playing 10-15 hours per week. He got endgame items even tho he’s playing on very casual level.

Sorry I don’t want free items in diablo 2, I don’t want free levels in diablo 2. Played legacy for years, also playing d2r nearly every day from start and I’m stil finding items that I’ve never found, for you it’s wrong and for me it’s where the beauty of this game is. Play it and earn it.

Anyways, if you’re playing online and you don’t have enigma after first 24/36 hours of gameplay then you are doing it wrong. You have endless videos on YouTube showing how people got to their endgame after 1-3days online.

And you shouldn’t look at me, I’m playing on high end level, grinding 99s with all the gear. For me it’s good that items are worth nothing. I have in-game wealth and I would benefit from this change. I don’t want people like you to quit after 2weeks because you got all items and high level. Diablo 2 is multiplayer for me not a single player. If you want easier progression on single player then blizzard already gave you everything you need - you are able and allowed to make your own mods. Check BTs streams, he is making his whole new patch. That includes new items, balance changes, cube recipes and many more.

Dude, your preaching to the .001%

It sounds like you can opt out of Terror zone games if you want to preserve your l33t status as a master d2r player. You wont of course, but you can.

Go back and listen to Sweet Phil. Yeah he moans and groans a bit about xp because Llama compared TZ stony tombs to non-TZ chaos (which incidentally can become terrorized). Around the 4:15 mark he basically says if you are one of those average joes trying to get to 99. You actually have a chance.

I’m talking about his content not one video :slight_smile: if anyone is 0.001% here it’s you :slight_smile: I played with many random d2jsp, discord, trader ie gamers and noone had problems like yours ^^

It’s not a chance with what we see on PTR. You will get 99 before you even gear your character kekw.

I’m looking on other people’s experience and needs, you should try that too. And what’s most important read and understand first post before you reply again in this post.

All you say is “nope” continuously repeating that you are more casual than my definition of casual yet you can’t describe what exactly does it mean. Sorry you WILL NOT have high end gear after 20hours of gameplay (or what you call playing one hour in between Irl stuff). You should go single player or non ladder and build your char for years. Ladders at its core were design for competition and starting from scratch with everybody else.
The fact that you don’t want to do so it’s only your choice. Are you also blaming thousands of people who take days off at work to start ladder? Are you posting in their topics that they are 0.001% because they play more hours in first week then you can afford during entire season?

Really dude, many people want to play few hours a day, or even 5-6 or 15hours a day and have a reason to do so for 3-4months.

Go make a poll and you’ll see who is 0.01%

Lol. I’m not the one who started this thread. You act like blizzard is cutting into your ebay sales.

I’ve started this thread with post that was showing problems, explained why are they problems and then offered solutions to make everyone happy. I didn’t write another “DELETE THIS @#$@#$” thread. Even tho I believe that t his is too early for such changes.

So please, write here if you have something to add in this topic, offer solutions or showcase another problem. no need to spam posts jsut for +1

5x5k=25k
8x5k=40k

youre sitting on top of 65k baal runs, minimum

i dont think youre the type of player they had in mind when they said they wanna make 99 “more accessible”

1 Like

Even if its 65k runs. Its past 16years.

not those 25k in d2r, right?

Not those on D2R but what does it change? I’m not special here. If I could get 5 surely you can get 1 or 2 :slight_smile: not sure what you’re trying to prove here :joy: I don’t have community that fed me with diablo kills. Just mere mortal that you what he has to do in order to get 99 and did that. No rocket science here

BTW 25k runs from D2R release is 70 runs per day. So 2.5h daily by avarage. Ooops… 2.5h/day is surely not a casual level. Its waaaaaay too much as for 5x 99 level in diablo.

yes, you are

25k in the last year
45k in the 15 years before that

this means that in the last year you farmed more than half of what you farmed in the previous 15 years

that you are far from a casual d2 player

religiously

1 Like

this topic is not to discuss whether I’m casual or not. I know that I’m as most people here I have much more knowledge and experience than most. What does it have to do with facts described in 1st post? I also wrote it in this thread - I will benefit from free/cheap items and most likely will also benefit from easier 99s. But it doesn’t change the fact that Terror Zones require heavy nerfs to not ruin in-game economy.
We all know that it’s 2022 and people want everything for free but this is not Diablo 2.

Focus on topic and don’t spam more posts about me. Keep those opinions for yourself.

Is 2.5hours per day too much to get 5x 99 in D2R?
this brings us to 1.5h a day from ladder start to get one 99 on ladder.
Surprise surprise I also have real life, girlfriend IRL business. I’m no different.

Really? the fact that you need to spend 30mins a day to get 99 in a year is too much that we need to ground thew whole purpose of difficulty in this game. Get to work buddy. You would be done with today’s 30mins if you didn’t type so many words that have no input to the topic

this isnt about you

this is about the word “accessible”

and that this word has nothing to do with players who definitely dont fit the description of “casual player”

opinions?
I just analyzed the facts about you that you brought
saying that you farmed the sht out of this game in last year is not an opinion, its a fact

first, the game should not be balance around its economy.
economy is not the priority
second, how TZs will “ruin” the economy?

your math looks a little off

mind to share it?

oh
are you asking if i already played the game today? if so the answer is yes
just not baal, cs or nihla
one needs a willpower of steel to do this 70 times a day…over an entire year…without a break…almost a part time job

I’ve described how TZs will ruin the economy in 1st post.

what is wrong with my math?
5x 99 with average effort of 2.5h per day in a year is the same as 30minutes for 1x 99 in that period.
2*60+30=150minutes for 5 characters
150/5=30 —> for one character.

If your goal is high level and you don’t play efficiently then change your strategy instead of changing whole game design.

My addition to this topic is that I don’t agree with your assessment.

You want the game balanced around you and your playstyle which is not indicative of the majority of people who play this game.

The quote below should automatically ban you from making any suggestions for this game.

1 Like

yeah, you said it is bad bc x, y and z will be more common/attainable

but why is it bad? what is the immediate negative effect with that

oh…my bad

now i see it

if i want to reach 99 with one char i have to dedicate at last 30 min a day for about a year

arent we better doing pushups everyday for 30 min for one year?

the game shouldnt compete with real life, it should complement it

why? :smiley: what is wrong about this?
which part is not accurate? baal runs are around 2-2.5min long and they provide 140k exp at level 98. Also this is a fact that Teo got fed by community with avarage 4diablo kills per minute that gave him these results.

1st case is casual method, 2nd is big streamers method

Which is laughable for the average player to find and join 10 perfectly executed public P7/8 Baal, Nil, Diablo runs every day for a year and having those runs finished in 30 minutes.

thats not even what caught my attention

so if…

is true, it means that, if i farm 30 min daily, religiously, it will take me 240-300 days to go from 98 to 99…for one char