Offline character is gone

PC, as described above, I was playing intermittently and had saved the game multiple times over the course of the hour. No crashes, no issues what-so-ever.

I see my newly created files correctly in the save folder, so I guess I am going to copy them all as a back up since I probably won’t be able to play again until tonight/tomorrow.

Playing on PC in singleplayer offline on Resurrected graphics. All maxed out graphics 2560x1440, ryzen 7 3700x, nvidia rtx 2070s, no v-sync, capped at 60.

Before the last server restart with the emergency maintenance between 1-1.45 all was ok. I played, saved, quit the game. Came back about 10 minutes ago, offline character is gone but the lvl 1 online char I never got to play because online was not working is there. Unless I misunderstood I thought that these offline characters were supposed to be saved locally or somehow not affected by the online part. So where are our characters?

PC . quit and save on my 11 sorc. ( offline char ) Left the house for an hour. Came back and my char is level 1 ( same name ) and stripped of all gear).

Same here … created a Necromancer for Offline play. Played till level 3 completed the Den quest, logged out and back in. All progress is lost. Char is back to the initial creation. Stash also gone. It’s like the file did not save anything after initial creation

I also lost my level 6 or 7 offline Druid. Saved and Quit the normal way then closed the game. Came back 4 or 5 hours later after work and poof–gone.
When I check the offline save folder I can still see the character data there AND the stuff I put in the shared stash is there as well. The game isn’t recognizing the save. If it’s corrupted, I have no idea how it got that way…

It would be greatly appreciated if you are your team would fix this game and make it playable, but that will be very unlikely

We’d like to look into this further! To dig into this more we wanted to ask if you can help us look into a player log. To do so, please follow the instructions below:

• Open D2R Launcher

• Click the gear > Show in Explorer> Click through your D2R Folder

• Copy and paste Blz-log txt file into a https://pastebin.com/ link for us to review

1 Like

Is this correct?

https://pastebin.com/LgVg3Ryb

There, I think i managed to do it (Had to open the file as txt and mark all text then copy paste, i thought i had to copy paste the actual file. 9/24 02:02:48.731 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: - - Pastebin.com

Please let us know if our progress is lost or can be possibly recovered.

1 Like

Are your save game files still on your PC?

Same here , PC windows 10 fully updated, Played up to about lvl 5 between 1 and 230. and when I logged back in this evening he was gone.

No. (Only the Online character i made before i went to Singleplayer/offline, as the Online play was broken). And it’s the Offline character that went poof.

Might you know exactly where to check?

Me just opening the D2R directory, nothing listed in there is labeled as save or sav.

It’ll be in in C:\Users\{your username}\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\

1 Like

Ye, it defaults to your windows disc, even tho like in my case, ive got the game on another harddrive as otherwise the windows disc suffers.

Yeah same issue here on PC, looks like the save file for the missing toon is straight up goooone

Thank you. I have 9 files there. 9 files total. 7 of them with my char’s name on them and none listed as a save file. I could be wrong.

File types are JSON, DTI, CTL, CTLO, D2S ( maybe this one? ), KEY, KEYO, MA0, and MAP.

Yeah, those are your offline character’s saved game files. At least it means there is a chance that you can recover them in game.

Yeah this game is broken and we all got ripped off.