Offline character gone after saving and exiting

i made an offline necro. played to level 7 killed blood raven. then i saved and exited. turned off game for an hour. just got back on and my OFFLINE LOCAL SAVE NECRO IS LEVEL 1 AGAIN. how did a local save get reset back to level 1? are server rollbacks affecting my personal save files now? PLEASE FIX THIS. what if i imported a max level character and lose everything

2 Likes

For now, make sure to keep copies of your old saves until they fix this.

You are lucky. Mine vanished without a trace.
I can still see the dummy online char I made but didn’t even log onto.
But my OFFLINE char has gone poof!

1 Like

the big question is, how to i keep a backup of my save, when it gets deleted or reset when i quit out. and it only saves when i quit

I was playing my offline character, and it is stuck on level 4. I leveled it up 2 times to level 9 or something, and when I come back it is level 4 again. What is going on??

Same issue here. After a game-crash my offline character is gone.

Mine didnt even crash. I played normal, saved and exited, but it saved nothing.

Seems like there’s a lot of issues going on. Tried to make a new character to see if items in the stash were gone, but I am currently not able to “join game” even tough it’s offline. Guess they’re just having major issues - lets’ hope they’ll fix it soon.

I created my Druid yesterday on the offline mode and had just freed deckard Cain and saved/logged off for the night. When I logged on this morning my character was gone. Online keeps disconnecting me so seems like I can’t even play the game I’ve been waiting a long time for

Had this happen to my lvl 27 sorc after a crash, in offline. Character files are just completely gone. The random online characters I made are still there, their files are there as well.

The shared stash is completely current; just did a duriel kill and got isenharts and that stayed in the shared stash, and then the game crashed in a3’s town.

Pretty frustrating because I had been playing the character for like 9 hours.

2 Likes