Offline character Failed to join game

I’m trying to use one of my old save files and get this same error.

@Skorpionss Identified the problem like Deckard Cain himself. Thank you! I can confirm that it was in fact a corrupted shared stash for me.

2 Likes

yup skorpionss fix solution works

Thanks heaps Skorpionss. My offline necromancer had been unplayable since Saturday after my computer crashed. No reply from Blizzard since, so I started an online druid and was able to play on. Your tip worked a treat to recover the necromancer. Although the necro’s shared stash is now emptied out (which is fine, nothing too valuable in there), the druid’s shared stash is still fully intact.

Damn, Skorpionss found the issue regarding the ‘‘Failed to join game’’ issue, which is indeed a corrupt shared stash.

Unfortunately, my main character’s files do also seem to be corrupt, I can’t get my sorc to show up in my playable character list, whereas all my mules are there and properly working.

This is unfortunate, and I’m pretty scared that the next character I work on also gets corrupted.

Ohh come on Blizz… i dont understand how you can make the offline part of the game like this…So if i play and got a blackout(like yesterday) i lost everything again? Fix this problem or i want a refund becasuse i’ve paid second time for this game and the older version was better and safer…

Where is the save folder? I can’t get any of my D2R characters to open

When I go into program files and click on D2R I can’t find a file that says saved. I’ve clicked on every file in the link. Am I looking in the wrong place for the Saved file?

saved character files should be under
C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected

does this erase your entire shared stash?

Thats what I have been looking for and I can’t find that file.

I erased mine, did not fix the problem for me “SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i”

I tried deleting mine as well but continue to get the same issue on a particular offline character of mine. I even have different versions of the save files (the character at different levels). They all fail the same.

Mate u are a life saver. I lost some high runes and starter items in shared stash but everything else works. Any tips on how to use my character that is no longer appearing ingame? I can still see her savefiles.

btw this helped me guys

i just got to act 5 today completed the second quest game crashed on me and i lost my character, no biggie, but now i only ever get failed to create game ive uninstalled and reinstalled and tried everything you guys said but still only online play no offline.

now i cant play offline or online and i cant even delete a char game is just a picture now…

Worked here too, i need to write more since it ask me to have at least 20 letters.

Check my post to fix offline issues with your character

well I just deleted the ‘’ sharedstashsoftcore’’ document in the saved games folder and now i can log in normal offline mode just FYOI.