[SOLUTION] - How to recovery your corrupted/disappeared offline character

Hello.
As a lot of offline D2R players, i lost a high level character, my time, my items and all my shared stash, this issue is related to corrupted files from your character and shared stash that comes from crashes and wrongs file management from the game.
I found 2 ways to recovery/clone/copy your character:

*Easy One: will recovery your character and your items.
*Hard One: will recovery your character but not your items.

Easy one (only if you have a Diablo 2 Legacy version):

1. Install Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction expansion
  2. Create a new expansion character. Start, Save & Exit. Close Game.
  3. Download Hero Editor (type it in google)
  4. Install Hero Editor.
  5. Open Hero Editor and look for your D2 legacy character (C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Saved Games\Diablo II)
  6. Edit the character as equal you lost it. You can type in google Diablo skill calculators to know how much stats and skill points you had
  7. Add your items, quest, waypoints etc etc (If you don’t have items library type n google: Hero Editor items library)
  8. Open the character in Diablo 2 Legacy and set your stats, skills, items, merc items, etc etc. Save & Exit. Close game
  9. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected. Copy and paste your corrupted character in a backup folder. After that delete it from the original folder.
  10. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Saved Games\Diablo II and copy d2s, key, ma0 files and paste them on C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected
  11. Delete your corrupted Shared Stash file
  12. Open Diablo 2 Resurreced, the character will appear in offline list as equal you edited it. ENJOY!

Hard one (if you dont have a copy of Diablo 2 Legacy version):

1. Download a Hex Editor (type it in google)
  2. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected and delete your corrupted Shared Stash
  3. Start Diablo 2 Resurrected and make a new character. Save & Exit. Close game
  4. Copy your corrupted character and new one to a test folder, and another time to a back up folder.
  5. Open the Hex editor and open the d2s file of your corrupted and new character in your test folder.
  6. Type in google: neoseeker diablo 2 hex edit, and you will find a Saved Games FAQ
  7. Check the corrupted file and the new one and try to fix the problem.
  8. Copy/paste the changes to D2 Resurrected folder to check if it works.
  9. This way take a lof of time, knowledge, patient, try & error. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: After recovery your character, copy it to a backup folder regularly

Hope this is helpfull.
Thank you

Regards

Thus s’’’’ just happend to me! :confused: