Not very fun watching a player cheat to get rank 1 on the boards

Just because you don’t agree with my video game opinions, does not make my posts delusional and inflammatory. Your post on the other hand? … Yeah. Classic projection.

So instead of ad hominem and personal insults, try discussing the game.

The same founder of diablo 2 you so call and worship.

arstechnica. com/ gaming /2020/08/war-stories-how-diablo-was-almost-a-turn-based-strategy-game/

Who said anything about TPPK ? Its not really hard to find exactly where you are on the map either if you want to fight in HC. Softcore games are private because of loot farming. All you really need is 6-7 players, that just caps the loot bonus. Anything harder just counter intuitive as it makes things much harder without additional no drop chance changes.

lol fair. Here we go again. Talking about fairness in a loot dropping game. Its like they say, the game is not for diablo 3 players. There is no fair mechanic in this.

2 Likes

This is again false equivalence.
This is Diablo I and not Diablo II. This is him talking about concept ideas for Diablo game before even its inception, and not him talking about changes he would make in hindsight.

I will ignore the Hardcore part because it is irrelevant. Thank you for proofing me right by saying Softcore games are private. Game has anti-social design that punishes you for both group play and solo currently. Only abusers win. Ploot and px command help that and even the creator of Diablo says ploot won’t fundamentally change the game.

Wait, so because it is a loot dropping game it should inherently be unfair? It can be fair by not making it abuse(pay)-to-win. Make all players have same chances in the loot.

Love how when people don’t understand basic game design and mechanics of the game they don’t want to change claiming it is perfect just throw out “Diablo 3!! The Evil Diablo 3!!!” whenever people who do understand the game ask for changes. Instead of, you know, provide actual logical counter arguments. D3-phobia is amusing.

what does first place get? I did not know there was a competition going on.

1 Like

Bud u asked for a source for where the OG Dev’s said diablo was going to be turn based. He/she gave u that source. U didn’t ask where the source of OG Dev’s talking about changes they would make

This is what they wrote.

I asked for a source for that. He provided an article creator of Diablo says some concept ideas he has before inception of Diablo.

Diablo II is not even mentioned on that article. He tried to make it sound like creator wanted changes in hindsight like my proposed clip. False equivalnece.

“false equivalence”

“irrelevant. Thank you for proofing me right”

“Only abusers win”

“because it is a loot dropping game it should inherently be unfair? It can be fair by not making it abuse(pay)-to-win”

“Love how when people don’t understand basic game design”

“Instead of, you know, provide actual logical counter arguments”

Your snarky tone is sickening and childish. Grow up.

2 Likes

Yet again personal insults and not even discussing the game. It’s okay for people to not agree with you on video game opinions and ask changes, I promise you.

It’s funny you call me inflammatory and delusional, though. Or even snarky on that matter. Keep on projecting.

Nah this is him talking about without the funding from blizzard and its sway in the decision the game would be turned based. Diablo 2 was build as a turn base game, it was changed in the last minute as a requirement from blizzard.

You are the one who bought up HC. Oh so now is irreverent? Werent you the one that also brought up the TPPK?

Did I say it have to be unfair? Its Completely fair right now. Who ever kills and gets to it first, gets it. What you want isnt fair, what you want is affirmative action on other people. How about this we do private loot, and any damage threshold under 20% on the monster doesn’t get anything drop. That is perfect fair. You dont put enough damage in you dont get the loot bonus. This also remove people that stand around and spam AOE things hoping they get enough damage in.

You are not worth talking to. You are fake news. Sit down. Quiet. QUIET. Quiet. Fake news.

3 Likes

That is where ur wrong. Diablo was turn based thats how it was in development. It was not tell the game was about to release that david brevik took the game home and in 24 hrs recoded it to Real time. David has spoken about this in a GDC meeting. It was blizzard who brought up the idea of diablo being a real time game. Originally the game was being designed for turn based.

U asked for a source to where it was a turned based game.

This is him talking about the concept design of Diablo I before he saw in action a real time skeleton. Read the article.

Completely ignoring the fact that you yourself admitted to most Softcore games being private. Like I said, Hardcore is no longer relevant.

What you’re saying, is exactly my idea of ploot that I posted here before:

Currently it is not fair because it relies on distance (ranged characters disavantage) and latency (those who are closer to servers). It’s also not fair because like I said, abusers who play Diablo II communism or get “fillers” for more loot.

Nah buddy. You just have nothing to say but personal insults and projection. If I am not worthy to talk to, do not address me to begin with!

Learn to talk like an adult before calling other people children. This is amusing.

Reading comprehension issues.
I even put everything in one post to you and you still can’t see it.

Really. They asked u should we go back to turn based then. Read what u said. They provided u that source where the devs stated it was turn based.

Im not the one with reading issues.

1 Like

What I have to say is grats to Mr Llama’s team for an epic 1st hell baal and hell uber clear!

It takes a lot of skill and teamwork to be able to blast through the game so fast. Diablo 2 is an awesome game unlike any other.

2 Likes

That was him talking about diablo 2.

And what is wrong with private game. People have to play public and cater to you? They like to share the loot between themselves not with a outsiders. That is perfectly fine the way it is.

LOL latency. If you are too slow, you are too slow. Dont blame it on latency. The only reason you would have latency issues would be you are located in one region and playing in another. Ranged characters are at a disadvantages? Oh please do tell, which range character is at a disadvantages? A lighting sorc? A fireball sorc? ELE druid? HDIN? So which range class is at a disadvantage? You mean a BOW ZON? Do you see anyone mfing with a bow zon in game at all?

1 Like

Aha. Sure buddy.

Nice, everyone can have an opinion!

The article you gave? Nope. I am done repeating myself, read post above.
And it’s not changes he would have wanted to make in hindsight. It is false equivalence to begin with.

Link I gave says what he thinks would make D2 way better in 2017. Implying they were most likely due to technical restrictions.

I would argue most of private games are ran solo or maybe with one close friend. The point is: This shows Diablo II has anti-social design fundamentally yet they’re trying to push group play by not including player x command.

That’s not how networking works. Google it and educate yourself on it.
Those who live closer to the server will always have the advantage. I did not even talk about pickits and other crap that plague D2 (and yes, D2R too).

Not sure what you’re on about. I obviously meant those who are in close proximity to the slain monster have more advantage to the loot. Ranged characters are at huge disadvantage.

Current loot system is not fair. This is not accounting for cheaters (that plague D2), or abusers (Diablo II Communism or pay-to-win fillers). It is flawed and should be fixed. This is not turning it into D3 if even the creator of D2 agrees and says it won’t change it fundamentally.

You’re just being stubborn because “change bad because change!”. Diablo II 1.0 is not going anywhere.

OP seems really envious when there’s nothing to be jealous of in the first place.

Set your own goals. Mine is beating Hell with every class using builds I prefer.

1 Like

You know what is not fair? Melee characters left click on monsters a lot of the time and that means they pick things up by accident all the time. That means when you actually want to pick something up most of the time you do not have room.

I don’t know about OP but I tackled it on game flaws and proposed changes.

Haha, this is exactly my goal too!
Right now it’s the usual (bo barbarian, blizzard magic find sorc and a smiter) but I want to try 2.4 builds later on.

Yeah I get what you mean, I pick up junk accidently all the time haha.

Anyways ricedragon this is exactly what I also suggested. Only difference is loot is private for say 5-10 seconds before being FFA again. See? We are in agreement after all.

A lot of good changes can be made into D2 and it won’t magically make it D3 or change it fundamentally.