No 2.4 PTR - Pathetic

Here it is almost the end of February and the final patch 2.4 PTR is still MIA. Someone in my WoW classic season of mastery guild said Blizzard doesn’t care about players and a lot of people agreed. I said “Why should Blizzard be different than any other company. All they care about is money.” It’s the way it is, the way it has been and the way it will always be.

12 Likes

They said the next PTR will be “in a week or so” on the 9th… Today is day 13 since then, tomorrow will upgrade the phrase to “in two weeks or so”.

Maybe we’ll get an update this week.

6 Likes

It’s pretty frustrating at this point. Wish they would have released a ladder before these “balance changes” that do little to nothing (except buff arguably the strongest class in the game).

5 Likes

From everything I have been watching online, its pretty said if true

• Ruined druid ( or the info I have read at least says so , maybe my info is wrong )
  • Necro … haven’t read much
  • Sorc - no cast delay on hydra … synergy on nova stomp and ts maybe …
  • PLD - made him more godly, wont even go into how UN balanced this class is
  • Sin … all zzzzz’s here unless I missed something - I mean common
  • Zon - common man really I was looking forward to a borazon lol
  • Barb ( my fav class ) well I was hoping for something good

I hoping they have some kind of late release surprise that amazes us but … I will not hold my breath

I don’t care if it take 2-3 weeks, a month, whatever, but be transparent about it. We did not receive any information since the temporary end of the PTR. What going on? What is the problem? Instability on the new database server? Major rebalance due to feedback? Amount of feedback? Problem with the ladder? Timing with other game? Etc. It can be anything but share with the community why we are waiting.

The ladder was delayed again and again because the servers were trash but now we have the new tested database server. We don’t need to know the technicality of the problem but a little bit of information about what is going on. When you don’t share anything, it feels like you don’t care.

9 Likes

Blizzard is in a fail boat and it’s sinking quickly… microsoft is going in to full damage control mode and seeing where they can squeeze the juice… which characters / franchises are their top sellers, how can they make more money off of them and appeal to a mass audience?

D2 is already DOA… it came out at a horrible time, it was Blizzards “ace in the hole” and they dropped the ball… again. This company is officially dead… there’s no redeeming qualities about it any longer… it’s just yesterdays puke pile.

Anyone still holding out hope for D2 being a better game can look no further than the iron chair elitists at D2jsp… they made sure this game didn’t change so they could keep exploiting people and monetizing off of botting… pathetic as hell.

At this rate item sellers made more money than Blizzard did off the sales of this game… it’s a total capitalist pig joke.

2 Likes

You mean Activision… Yes Microsoft did buy Activision/Blizzard but the deal is not done until some approval for fiscal law are done.

It’s “business as usual” while the deal goes through

A filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission answered some basic questions about the impact of the buyout: That it “remains business as usual” with both companies operating independently until the deal is done, and that immediately layoffs aren’t anticipated. As for Kotick’s status, however, it said only that will be remain as CEO while things are wrapped up: “Once the deal closes, the Activision Blizzard business will report to Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming.”

1 Like

That deal is going through… don’t hold your breath.

I hope and I think it will. I have more hope for Microsoft, Activision and Bobby Kotick are way worse but that my opinion

My point was simply until the deal is ‘‘done’’ Activision are the one squeezing the juice not Microsoft.

3 Likes

Because the game is dead. No respected company treats their products this poorly. What is even more mind boggling is that they have a huge customer/fan base and they completely chose to treat them as if they don’t exist. Enjoy the game, just don’t expect anything from them.

I mean every thread has enough fan boys defending everything they do and justifying it. They even attack people for being “impatient”.

They took our money and have people on their side. Nothing will ever change. Just don’t spend another penny on a blizzard game or else you are complicit.

1 Like

Not quite…

“we expect PTR to be offline for a week or so while we prep for the next iteration”

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks. Read the rest of it as well:

Once we have the timing/date and details of those changes, we will be posting those and informing the community.

So much for transparency…

1 Like

Well with the delays up to this point, you’d think they’d be on the stick to get the game out of the unofficial beta stage sooner. The longer it takes, the more the community will feel alienated.

I’m in for the long haul, I can entertain myself with plenty of other activities until the ladder finally comes.

New players will lose interest. The diehard fans who have played the same game over the past two decades obviously don’t care…

I’ll tell you what happens. wow patch friday

My only hope is that Microsoft knows how to treat disblo like the goose that lays the golden eggs that it is.

the current incompetents have not known how to squeeze anything.
just look at the delay in deciding to develop d4.
or that they didn’t remaster d2 despite having hordes of fans wanting it.
How many million copies will a “remaster” have sold? 4 in 5 months??? (and this is not counting the promotion it would bring to D:I and D4 if they did things right)

it was a win/win and look what has happened… 20 years and now this

Well they had better tend to their pvm scene SOON or this game really will go into a state of being nearly as dead as D2original servers right before D2r released.

They need to tend to the pvm now because aint nobody gonna stay for the pvp too much longer in D2r. There are too many problems with the pvp in this game due to changes that were made on release, more changes they are planning on making, and in general strangely bad ping. Like the amount of double-tele that happens is just too frequent. The game is clunky and wonky in pvp.

If they don’t get this ladder online and functional soon, the D2r community will continue to shrink much faster than it should be. Just look at how many active forum users we’ve lost in about the past month, as example.

On the other hand though, you gotta wonder if this is planned. Maybe they just wanted a quick cash grab, and then purposely get people to burn out on this game so they are ready for a new release.

1 Like

more people would be pissed off if they released a ptr that doesn’t work because ladder integration doesn’t work with the new server code.

i think it is best that they wait and release something we can actually test/play

i do wish they would communicate better but that has been gone since ghostcrawler and Bashiok left

3 Likes